Galaxy nexus 4.0.4 build IMM30d root

Search This thread

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
I could use some help so I don't brick my phone. I have done a search or two on how to root this particular build and it's probably me - I don't think I have found any information to my question. On xda there was info on the superboot method from modaco that it only worked on ICS4.0.1. The GNex toolkit v7 does not have build IMM30d included. I purchased the phone from Google play and received it late last week. Is this build supported by any root method mentioned? Or will anyone link me to a method that supports the build?

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
Are you familiar with the toolkit at all?

Don't use toolkits. It's not that there is anything inherently bad with them, but having a program do everything for you without understanding how it is doing it means that you don't know how to fix anything if something goes wrong. It's better to do things manually and learn how everything works before taking the easy way through it.

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P
Haha, alright. This is in the Q&A section and I'm sure as hell no developer. I'm coming from a mytouch4g. Had to use adb to downgrade from gingerbread to froyo to root it. Even after reading it over a couple times the directions were still intimidating. It looked like an easy option. Appreciate the input though.

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
I'll reiterate what others said...
You'll want to know that adb and fastboot are set up correctly, anyway.
They're EXTREMELY useful in countless situations.

I promise you that it'll be an easy process.

Reactions: dirtyreturn

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Most likely, if you connect you device to Wi-Fi, it will receive an OTA update -- I think IMM76 (blanking on build number).

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
HA. sorry. if you are still willing to help real quick... the command 'adb reboot bootloader' brought up a bubble installing device driver.. android 1.0.. failed to install driver. I had already had the drivers installed. Idea?
The driver needs to install TWICE: once when your device is booted normally, and once when booted into the bootloader.

Reactions: dirtyreturn

DynamiteRave

Sep 21, 2011
Charleston
I'm having a problem using juba's rooting method. It won't go into recovery mode. I'm using the same android and build as the fellow poster. Any help? It's just sticking on the google word with the unlock thing at the bottom when I try to reboot into recovery from the bootloader.

Top Liked Posts