[Q] nexus 4 locking up during chromecast

Search This thread
Mar 17, 2012
I've noticed my nexus 4 completely locking up during chromecast control being active. It especially likes to happen after locking the screen. I'm on 4.3. Anyone else having this issue? It never locked up before and doesn't seem to unless I'm actively controlling my chromecast.

neoseal

Jul 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am having the same issue. When I am Chromecasting, the phone will not wake and I have to hold power to reset, luckily this does not affect the stream. I also flashed 4.3 and did not wait for the OTA.

PS. I picked mine up from Best Buy also. I had to call around and find one that just had it delivered as they are going FAST. I know that a few of the other Best Buy's around me are getting a few shipments in over the weekend.

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
I flashed mine but I used the factory image, there shouldn't be any difference between the factory image and the ota..... Right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Dunno, it seems everyone having issues flashed 4.3, but I have yet to see a post from someone with an OTA update.

4.3 is supposed to have new DRM in it. Perhaps it doesn't get along well with root.

Last edited:

neoseal

Jul 29, 2008
Kansas City
I do not think that it has anything to do with root. I sideloaded with locked bootloader and not rooted and am currently not rooted. But then again I could have messed up somewhere.

Atlasstorm

Apr 6, 2011
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
I do not think that it has anything to do with root. I sideloaded with locked bootloader and not rooted and am currently not rooted. But then again I could have messed up somewhere.

So..... Is any one not having this issue on 4.3 or is it just us that are the lucky ones?

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

I had a quick flick through of the nexus 7 forums didn't see any issues there yet

wwonderllama

Aug 19, 2010
I'm having the same issue with Netflix and YouTube on my Nexus 4 (haven't tried Google Music). I'm non-rooted, completely stock 4.3. I got my update OTA.

My wife's Nexus 7 (stock, unrooted 4.3 via/ OTA) has no issues.

Last edited: