Phantom touches. Never had them before

Search This thread

littleromeo

Jan 6, 2013
My 16GB flo was working fine from the beginning. Always kept it up to date with android releases. Never had an issue. Just today while swyping noticed some weird behavior.So, I tested with a multi touch tester. There were some fake touches recorded. It didn't even allow me to reboot. Later with some effort I managed though. After reboot, it works fine. I'm scared cause I bought that in US and I doubt the so called international warranty will be honored in India.Has this occurred to anyone else? What shall I do if it happens again? Is there some fix for this?

dantegl36

Dec 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
My 16GB flo was working fine from the beginning. Always kept it up to date with android releases. Never had an issue. Just today while swyping noticed some weird behavior.So, I tested with a multi touch tester. There were some fake touches recorded. It didn't even allow me to reboot. Later with some effort I managed though. After reboot, it works fine. I'm scared cause I bought that in US and I doubt the so called international warranty will be honored in India.Has this occurred to anyone else? What shall I do if it happens again? Is there some fix for this?

I had the same experience the other day. Currently running
Latest version of Clean Rom with ElementalX kernel. After I was finally able to reboot, all was well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: littleromeo

littleromeo

Jan 6, 2013
Latest version of Clean Rom with ElementalX kernel. After I was finally able to reboot, all was well.

I'm running stock+xposed.
Testing with multi touch app seemed to have made it worse for me, even prevented me shutting it down. Hope it doesn't come back.

Abel669

Jan 13, 2012
Chesterfield
www.facebook.com

Take a look at this thread, I had the same problem and after flashing boot-ts10.IMG it was fixed.

The flash persists between any new ROM flashing :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

Take a look at this thread, I had the same problem and after flashing boot-ts10.IMG it was fixed.

If an RMA is not an option, try Abel's solution. It boils down to bad hardware and no quality control. I had to RMA my first one for the exact same reason. Second one is fine.

If you do some googling, you will see that thousands of people have had this problem. Any definitive word from Google or Asus? You wish. They will never admit they made a mistake.

Testing with multi touch app seemed to have made it worse for me, even prevented me shutting it down. Hope it doesn't come back.

Last edited:

littleromeo

Jan 6, 2013

Thanks, will do if it starts again.

If an RMA is not an option, try Abel's solution. It boils down to bad hardware and no quality control. I had to RMA my first one for the exact same reason. Second one is fine.

If you do some googling, you will see that thousands of people have had this problem. Any definitive word from Google or Asus? You wish. They will never admit they made a mistake.

Yes I read about them but this is weird cause a reboot solved the problem.

mister2quick

Jun 4, 2009
Shermans Dale, PA
Had this issue start yesterday. Running Sinless 3.2.2 on stock kernel. I've noticed it only start since installing Xposed but that could be coincidence. Reboot fixed it but woke up to it again today...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Had this issue start yesterday. Running Sinless 3.2.2 on stock kernel. I've noticed it only start since installing Xposed but that could be coincidence. Reboot fixed it but woke up to it again today...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

The one I had (before I sent it back to Google), would only do it after it had been started for a while. Reboot would make it go away for a while, but it always came back.

Not related to Xposed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.