HTC One KitKat (o2)

Search This thread

Yourmum90

May 26, 2013
Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi All,

I was looking for help to install KitKat on my HTC One, My HTC one is currently on Android - 4.2.2, HTC Sense 5.5 and software number 4.19.401.8. If i hold the volume down key when turning on i have ***Unlocked*** at the top of the screen but now i am stuck. I understand i need to S-Off my handset the use TWRP 2.6+ to flash the rom to my device. Not sure of the next steps and the guide i have read seem to be very confusing for a an idiot like me.

I am kind of answering my own questions, i am now rooted using TWRP and confirmed this by opening the RootTest app from google. Next stage is Kitkat

Rich

What do you want? 100% stock rom on 4.4 or you want to flash a custom 4.4 rom like arhd 51? Please also link the guide you are referring to and post the output of fastboot getvar all minus IMEI/SN

wingnutz

Sep 26, 2010
As far as i'm aware, you dont need to s-off your handset (I haven't anyway), but as far as KitKat Roms are concerned, i've just installed Venom One, and its fantastic! as long as you've installed some sort of recovery software on your handset, you should be alright, although i expect someone will be along in a bit to correct me if im wrong. ;)

Yourmum90

May 26, 2013
Need latest version of twrp recovery.

Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-roms/android-4-4-kitkat-sense-5-5-stock-rom-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Great thanks for the responses, i thought i would go for a stock rom so i could see what it looked like and then go from their. The guide i have been using is (http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-stock-roms/android-4-4-kitkat-sense-5-5-stock-rom-for-htc-one/) and i am at the point of downloading the rom. I currently have the latest version of TWRP running and kind of have an idea on how to use it. TBH i am not to bothered about the stock so might try the Venom one as advised above. Could you drop a link please.

I have also used TWRP to backup my phone and the backup is listed in the Recovery on TWRP.

4.4.2 ARHD 51.0 rom
4.4.2 Venom rom