Bootloader Issue

Search This thread

trpfn03

Aug 7, 2013
I have been trying to flash the new bootloader for the JMX2 and it keeps failing?

tried several versions of ODIN -- no good

tried from PDA, AP and BL tabs - all no good?

every option it starts - then fails

Advice please

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I have been trying to flash the new bootloader for the JMX2 and it keeps failing?

tried several versions of ODIN -- no good

tried from PDA, AP and BL tabs - all no good?

every option it starts - then fails

Advice please

What was the last OTA/Kies/Odin flash you took that was successful?

Install the app below and check what your current bootloader version is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

I refuse to install the one way Knox bootloader and use reversible work arounds (Agni or devil kernel or Dr. Ketan's WiFi bootloader patch) to get where I need to go.

If you have to put on the Knox bootloader my suggestion is to pull a nandroid in TWRP of what ever you are running now. Odin the whole Samsung stock UVCMK7 ROM then Odin TWRP 2.7.0.1 as found on the TWRP website. Then flash JMX2 (or restore your nandroid if you are already on JMX2).

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

trpfn03

Aug 7, 2013
Do you have a link to Samsung stock UVCMK7 ROM? I can't find it and been looking for a while.

Thanks,

Kevin

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Do you have a link to Samsung stock UVCMK7 ROM? I can't find it and been looking for a while.

Thanks,

Kevin

Look at the sticky in development opened by MrRobinson for the root66 ROM. It is basically the stock image with root injected.

Or Google sammobile. The second option requires a login that's free of charge. I'd start at the sticky.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement