[Q] unlock bootloader from version 4.3- 4.4.2 wont make z1 lose DRM keys anymore?

Search This thread

hxq88

Oct 27, 2011
AnGiang
my Z1 is on lastest stock kitkat firmware 14.3.A.0.757
does i need downgrade,root and backup TA before unlock bootloader?
or i can unlock bootloader directly and flash doomlord kernel to install rooted rom?
thx for your help :)

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
or i can unlock bootloader directly and flash doomlord kernel to install rooted rom?

Its your choice

If you want to backup your ta you need to downgrade

If you are not bothered, just unlock

Reactions: hxq88

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

Yes

if losing Warranty is not a problem to You then Yes, it's the quickest way. Doing this you will be unable to do a Backup TA so your DRM keys will be lost forever with the warranty.

hxq88

Oct 27, 2011
AnGiang
i just need confirm unlock bootloader directly from 4.3 version is safe for all sony feature (x-reality, track ID, and camera ). i used nexus before thats why xperia system sencurity is strange with me
thanks your reply

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
i just need confirm unlock bootloader directly from 4.3 version is safe for all sony feature (x-reality, track ID, and camera ). i used nexus before thats why xperia system sencurity is strange with me
thanks your reply

I unlocked on 4.3 and Camera, Track ID working. X-Reality turn On and Off but I never, even when I was stock, saw any difference. So if you want unlock on 4.3 (FW .136) it's ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its your choice

If you want to backup your ta you need to downgrade

If you are not bothered, just unlock

Yes

if losing Warranty is not a problem to You then Yes, it's the quickest way. Doing this you will be unable to do a Backup TA so your DRM keys will be lost forever with the warranty.
    thanks your reply

I unlocked on 4.3 and Camera, Track ID working. X-Reality turn On and Off but I never, even when I was stock, saw any difference. So if you want unlock on 4.3 (FW .136) it's ok.