[Q] Wiered Xperia T bootloop issue

Search This thread

YanN509

Oct 3, 2013
Cambridgeshire
OnePlus Open
OK, so I was having issues with CM11 where once my Xperia t had booted I would just about have the chance to unlock the screen, mess about with it for about 30 seconds and then reboot. So I thought OK CM is obviously just a bit buggy and it was a nightly anyway plus it would really eat my battery, so I made the decision of flashing back to pure stock firmware (4.3 9.2.A.1.205) I told flashtool to format just about everything (APPSLOG, CACHE, DATA, PARTITION (internal storage), KERNEL, FOTA and SYSTEM). After doing so, I setup my phone (went through the setup wizard, logged into google, downloaded some apps etc.) and about 10 Mins later the same thing happened that happened on CM (successful boot, unlocked screen did a few things and it crashed again). So then I was confused.

I've tried several other ROMS (Liquid Smooth, Pure AOSP, PureXT (custom sony ROM), all have the same problem so the issue seems to be persistent. So I assumed it must be a hardware problem (i.e. putting pressure on CPU causes phone to reboot) but my phone doesn't crash or do anything strange when I'm in recovery, I can successfully complete backup and restore operations that take about 10 Minutes give or take.
I have also relocked/unlocked the bootloader several times, no difference :(

So basically the bottom line is this is a really strange problem that appears to be persistent with any rom, I couldn't find anyone with the same issue (quick google search and a search under the XDA Q&A thread for this phone didn't seem to return anything similar). So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or can help me because I'm really confused :confused:.

Help would be much appreciated :eek: Thanks. :p

YanN509

Last edited:
Reactions: DesertHawk

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
You already did everything should be done for trying to solve this kind of issues.
It seems your hardware is broken....

Lock your bootloader and try to repair using your warranty if you have one ;)

YanN509

Oct 3, 2013
Cambridgeshire
OnePlus Open
You already did everything should be done for trying to solve this kind of issues.
It seems your hardware is broken....

Lock your bootloader and try to repair using your warranty if you have one ;)

Yeah I suppose a hardware problem is the only thing that makes sense, I just wasn't sure since Recovery still works but I guess recovery doesn't fully utilise the phones resources. My warranty is out of date (Had the phone for about 15 months now) guess I should probably start saving up for a Z2 :p

Thanks for your help :)

YanN509

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Yeah I suppose a hardware problem is the only thing that makes sense, I just wasn't sure since Recovery still works but I guess recovery doesn't fully utilise the phones resources. My warranty is out of date (Had the phone for about 15 months now) guess I should probably start saving up for a Z2 :p

Thanks for your help :)

YanN509

Since you don't have warranty anymore, you could try to replace the battery with a new one before changing phone...
There have been so many broken batteries with this device... Just an idea...

Last edited:

YanN509

Oct 3, 2013
Cambridgeshire
OnePlus Open
Since you don't have warranty anymore, you could try to replace the battery with a new one before changing phone...
There have been so many broken batteries with this device... Just an idea...

Hi
Yes I think it may either be the battery or the CPU because under light use the phone is (kind of) fully functional, it only seems to happen when it is processing a lot and gets warm. This would probably explain why it doesn't reboot in recovery.

But yes it would be worth getting another battery for it since a new one is only about £15 on UK Amazon so thanks for the heads up. :)

neosnake991

Feb 21, 2011
Bargoed
Before you get a battery can you try open Emma please, it may not help but may do, I've explained how to change a battery in another thread have a look around

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

neosnake991

Feb 21, 2011
Bargoed
Haha it does, 'Open Emma' works with all Sony xperias as it's Sony's software for unlocked bootloaders

"To give up is a sign of your weaknesses, but to keep going is a sign of madness"

YanN509

Oct 3, 2013
Cambridgeshire
OnePlus Open
Hey I'm back,

Just got my battery come through and the problem still exists, my best bet is that there is probably an issue with the battery terminals and probably something beyond repair.

So I think with that I'm officially declaring this phone DEAD :p.

Thanks for your help any ways guys, I'm probably gonna wrap up this thread now.

YanN509

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so I was having issues with CM11 where once my Xperia t had booted I would just about have the chance to unlock the screen, mess about with it for about 30 seconds and then reboot. So I thought OK CM is obviously just a bit buggy and it was a nightly anyway plus it would really eat my battery, so I made the decision of flashing back to pure stock firmware (4.3 9.2.A.1.205) I told flashtool to format just about everything (APPSLOG, CACHE, DATA, PARTITION (internal storage), KERNEL, FOTA and SYSTEM). After doing so, I setup my phone (went through the setup wizard, logged into google, downloaded some apps etc.) and about 10 Mins later the same thing happened that happened on CM (successful boot, unlocked screen did a few things and it crashed again). So then I was confused.

I've tried several other ROMS (Liquid Smooth, Pure AOSP, PureXT (custom sony ROM), all have the same problem so the issue seems to be persistent. So I assumed it must be a hardware problem (i.e. putting pressure on CPU causes phone to reboot) but my phone doesn't crash or do anything strange when I'm in recovery, I can successfully complete backup and restore operations that take about 10 Minutes give or take.
    I have also relocked/unlocked the bootloader several times, no difference :(

So basically the bottom line is this is a really strange problem that appears to be persistent with any rom, I couldn't find anyone with the same issue (quick google search and a search under the XDA Q&A thread for this phone didn't seem to return anything similar). So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or can help me because I'm really confused :confused:.

Help would be much appreciated :eek: Thanks. :p

YanN509