[How To] Flash Engineering HBOOT After S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Thread Locked. A replacement hboot has been developed by the Juopunutbear team. It is a patched 2.11 hboot that is similar to the engineering hboot, but won't cause as many issues. It also allows for fastboot commands without HTCDev.com unlock, but not the full engineering set so it is safer for the average user.
This is for old firmware folks only! IF ARE RUNNING THE ICS LEAK FIRMWARE, DON'T FLASH THIS! Thanks again to jcase for posting this a couple months ago!

Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU.
Steps:
-1.S-OFF the device
0. Make sure you aren't on ICS firmware
1. CHECK MD5!!!!
2. Put PH98IMG.zip on SD card
3. Reboot to HBOOT
4. Flash bootloader when prompted with volume up.

MD5: E58BFA220BDBD58EB41C54FE36C240EE

HBOOT is probably the most critical part of the phone. If it bricks, it is not anyone's fault except yours!

attachment.php

Attachments

• PH98IMG.zip
    389.4 KB · Views: 1,976
  • engboot.jpg
    engboot.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11,825
Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
If this is the eng hboot I posted, avoid flashing it unless you know exactly what you are doing.

It may have issues with newer ICS radios.

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Locked. A replacement hboot has been developed by the Juopunutbear team. It is a patched 2.11 hboot that is similar to the engineering hboot, but won't cause as many issues. It also allows for fastboot commands without HTCDev.com unlock, but not the full engineering set so it is safer for the average user.
    This is for old firmware folks only! IF ARE RUNNING THE ICS LEAK FIRMWARE, DON'T FLASH THIS! Thanks again to jcase for posting this a couple months ago!

Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU.
    Steps:
    -1.S-OFF the device
    0. Make sure you aren't on ICS firmware
    1. CHECK MD5!!!!
    2. Put PH98IMG.zip on SD card
    3. Reboot to HBOOT
    4. Flash bootloader when prompted with volume up.

MD5: E58BFA220BDBD58EB41C54FE36C240EE

HBOOT is probably the most critical part of the phone. If it bricks, it is not anyone's fault except yours!

attachment.php
    alright, so...since I always had the radios and such laid out before me on previous phones, how do I do this :D

1. Download RUU
    2. If it is an EXE, run it and follow directions.
    3. If it is a zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, stick on SD card and flash in hboot.
    So just guessing here, this would be the hboot I would want if I were to rollback to GB. Run the January GB RUU, then run this?

Yessir

Won't that remove s-off? Then won't I have to re s-off?

Nope. Because if it did then their development/testing devices would get S-ON every time lol. This is pretty permanent.
    I am downloading that RUU as well. 107MB and counting. I flashed the RUU for the Pre-OTA and then the ENG Hboot. Had the issue, flashed both OTA GB and ICS Leak radios. ICS Leak wouldn't even let 4G stay connected, 3g was great. GB OTA Radios do the same as Pre-OTA radios.

I am hoping to get this RUU tonight and mess with the radios. Like you said though, it is slow as all get out.

Done: Firmware only uploaded. REDACTED. It sucks and can't hold a signal.

MD5: E92A4A0F6FA39456FE1FF625BB758616
    I thought Andy Bones went from the leak to this hboot?

So what would go wrong flashing this over the new firmware?

he downgraded first. This won't recognize the internal SD card since the mount points changed.