Flashed e975 firmware on e973

Search This thread

athris

Jan 20, 2011
Google Pixel 7
Asus Zenfone 9
Just flashed e975 fire are on e973 . the camera "doesn't" work, but the connection might need to do further test. Will post more result tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Update: for some reason, after the first reboot, the primary camera doesn't work anymore. Sorry Guys

Last edited:

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
I flashed mine LG Optimus F180L with the A10 version of the E975 (with the origial LG software) and everything sames to work, I only must get signal (3g and WiFi) after the flash, by settings I let search the Phone to the provider and choose for mine provider, then I had signal, I did this yesterday so I'm testing the signal for a few days.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
I flashed mine LG Optimus F180L with the A10 version of the E975 (with the origial LG software) and everything sames to work, I only must get signal (3g and WiFi) after the flash, by settings I let search the Phone to the provider and choose for mine provider, then I had signal, I did this yesterday so I'm testing the signal for a few days.

The E975 rom has apns for most carriers built in but in most cases only 3g apns. If you need LTE you have to edit or add LTE apn.

LG Optimus G E971

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
By the settings "Mobile network" and then "Network mode" I have also the option "GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto".
I can't test it, because we in Holland waiting for the LTE / 4G, so if it not work, I don't mis it.

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
The E975 rom has apns for most carriers built in but in most cases only 3g apns. If you need LTE you have to edit or add LTE apn.

LG Optimus G E971
Elisha, do you know (or anybody els) how to add or edit this. Now I have only 3G and WiFi but no H and
sometimes I lost the signal for a short time.
On a Chinese site they have it over to install bband20j.img over the ROM. I used Google translator but even then it is Chinese, it is not
clear how to do this. Mist I root the device ans then use Root Explorer to copie the file or what?

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Here's mine: http://db.tt/HizTOKa4
Backup the current one and move this to system/etc and set correct permissions.
Then go back to apn setting to see if you have the LTE apn. Or reboot first and try.
Btw that is for Rogers.

LG Optimus G E971

Last edited:

baguhanx90

Feb 21, 2013
Flash f180L with a10 e975

Hi sir please tell me how did you flash lg optomus g f180l using a10 e975? I new to android and I want a full english version of Lg optimus G, not the korean.

Hope you could help me.

Thanks in advance.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
He probably used the KDZ method. However I would recommend rooting, unlocking and flashing an E975 based rom via cwm first. That way it's not replacing the modem.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Yeah but we don't know if he KDZed or flashed a custom rom.
I can link you to a stock HK E975 rom with root and you can try if you want if you are already unlocked and have cwm.
It won't replace your modem so you should have network. Everything will work on an E971 and E973.
If flashing on F180, make a nandroid first.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

Last edited:

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Yeah but we don't know if he KDZed or flashed a custom rom.
I can link you to a stock HK E975 rom with root and you can try if you want if you are already unlocked and have cwm.
It won't replace your modem so you should have network. Everything will work on an E971 and E973.
If flashing on F180, make a nandroid first.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

OK
So i am unlocked to all networks .. but dunno what cwm is yes I have F180L .. make a nandroid first ?
can u explain pls?
thnx

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
OK
So i am unlocked to all networks .. but dunno what cwm is yes I have F180L .. make a nandroid first ?
can u explain pls?
thnx

You need to root first and then unlock your bootloader with FreeGee. I'm not sure if the F180 has an unlockable bootloader for JB though.

LG Optimus G E971/3/5

antoniejanssen

Mar 12, 2011
@antoniejanssen show yourself and advertise step by step flashing ..

Sorry for the late reaction, but I was first busy for my work an then became ill.
I did the KDZ methode and then you must root it and then install the BaseBandF180L.
If you want to do this, you need the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN software, the E97510A_00.kdz file.
After that the root software and then the BasebandF180L software.

iEthos

Nov 4, 2011
Sorry for the late reaction, but I was first busy for my work an then became ill.
I did the KDZ methode and then you must root it and then install the BaseBandF180L.
If you want to do this, you need the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN software, the E97510A_00.kdz file.
After that the root software and then the BasebandF180L software.

Can u provide links for stuff and tutorial step by step please ?
thnx