best way tocast live stream from XBMC to Chromecast?

Search This thread

jayapalravi

Apr 24, 2008
California
Most of sportsdevil and mashup ones. Also most of the ones in NAVI X.

OK, I just quickly tested with mash up,

1) In "Mash Up", selected Live Streams", then selected iLive Streams", then "All[English]", then "ABC live streaming (HD)".
2) The above step took me to Cast2TV-Lite app, where I selected My Cromecast device, and I was able to cast the "ABC live streaming (HD)".
3) Next, after 5 mins, Stream stopped (The lite version is limited to 5 mins playback for live streams), I exit the Cast2TV, and back to "Mash Up", Selected "Buzzy Sports" from "Live Streams", then selected "Sports Pack", then selected "[LQ/HQ] Sky Sports", then selected "[3G/HQ]
Sky Sports F1 - Link 1".
4) The above also I could cast to my chromecast, without any issue as similar to Step 2.

The playercorefactory.xml i used is attached, If you don't mind, please let us know if this works for you.

Attachments

• playercorefactory.zip
    791 bytes · Views: 322
Reactions: tharmor

tharmor

Jun 18, 2013

1) In "Mash Up", selected Live Streams", then selected iLive Streams", then "All[English]", then "ABC live streaming (HD)".
2) The above step took me to Cast2TV-Lite app, where I selected My Cromecast device, and I was able to cast the "ABC live streaming (HD)".
3) Next, after 5 mins, Stream stopped (The lite version is limited to 5 mins playback for live streams), I exit the Cast2TV, and back to "Mash Up", Selected "Buzzy Sports" from "Live Streams", then selected "Sports Pack", then selected "[LQ/HQ] Sky Sports", then selected "[3G/HQ]
Sky Sports F1 - Link 1".
4) The above also I could cast to my chromecast, without any issue as similar to Step 2.

The playercorefactory.xml i used is attached, If you don't mind, please let us know if this works for you.

Are you able to watch any of the Indian channels ?

tharmor

Jun 18, 2013
Sorry dude....but quality of those streams degrade once i use the app. Screen casting gives better results....thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What tablet do you have? If it is not natively supported for screen mirroring, use the mirror enabler app in this forum and try screen mirroring from the tablet.

Another possible solution, although i dont even know if its possible or would work well, is to setup your chrome browser as an external player for xbmc, then once the stream loads in chrome browser, use tab casting. Research about playercorefactory.xml for xbmc for guides

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Another thing to consider is that if sound in xbmc is off sync you can change the audio offset setting to match things up correctly
    Most of sportsdevil and mashup ones. Also most of the ones in NAVI X.

Sky Sports F1 - Link 1".