(Full Function Cingular Apps Cab post #2) CUSTEL WM VI Professional v1.3

Search This thread

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Custel can I assume that the updates will be via a cab file not rom and that I can install 1.3 now and then install the cabs later when you have them? Just dont want to update the rom twice?
Correct.

@gyrene

Did you do a hard reset and not install/modify anything then try running pie?

jmat

Sep 14, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Weird. This flash seems to 'hang' on the SetAcousticParams.exe in the customization routine. It sat there for 60-70 seconds on my HTC TyTN.

It eventually got past it, but I freaked out and hard-reset the phone at least three times before I was patient enough to let it finish.

What does that program do, anyway? :)

dejanet

Nov 5, 2006
Yokosuka, Ja
Thank you sir. I've been a flashing fool for two weeks and now I'm going to have to find something new to fill my evenings. I think you definatly have it right this time.

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
Custel,

I've been on the phone with Cingular, for the past hour or so, and it turns out that there are some missing profiles in my account. (whatever the hell that means) So, I'm waiting for the rep to call me back, and tell me what to do. I'll keep you abreast to my situation once I find something out.

Again thanks for all your help.

masta7100

Nov 25, 2006
i'm very interested in the VOIP.. what program or software do you guys use it with! I wanna get it bad lol. and do I need to know anything special about it.

tl_bull

Apr 22, 2007
I have not seen the VOIP on CommManger work yet. Im going to try The attached file.cab you had in the first post. Its fast as 2.5 Blk, but other than that I cant tell much.

SkyyBoy

Custel,

I've been on the phone with Cingular, for the past hour or so, and it turns out that there are some missing profiles in my account. (whatever the hell that means) So, I'm waiting for the rep to call me back, and tell me what to do. I'll keep you abreast to my situation once I find something out.

Again thanks for all your help.

PLEASE do not call Cingular for support on this ROM. This is exactly why ROMs cannot be hosted on this site anymore.
If you keep hassling them, they might try to shut down this site entirely!

If you need to set up your device, use the settings at https://www.cingular.com/support/deviceConfig.do?content=KB71396.html for reference.

Brutalbat

Apr 23, 2007
Oh man. just installed Black 2.5. I guess another night of flashing and playing around with my device. :D

digitalfx

Oct 20, 2006
Baton Rouge
so far very good...also I am getting very fast internet speeds.
700 to 1000 kbit/s

averaged 300 w/ 1.2....dont know why the rom would affect this though.

Brutalbat

Apr 23, 2007
so far very good...also I am getting very fast internet speeds.
700 to 1000 kbit/s

averaged 300 w/ 1.2....dont know why the rom would affect this though.

i'm not sure myself as well:confused: . But after installing black 2.5 my battery barely lasts a day. Thats why i thought the rom has something to do with battery.