[Q] Unlocking a relocked bootloader stuck gsm 1.49.0013

Search This thread

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
i seem to be stuck trying to unlock my evo 3d's bootloader again, i unlocked it, went through the procedure to downgrade, thus relocking the bootloader, then discovered the PG86IMG.zip thing i used was the wrong version or something, now i can't seem to unlock it again :confused:

this is wat it says in my bootloader
eMMC-boot
Aug 15 2011, 14:52:58

FASTBOOT USB
blah blah blah...

i've spent so much time looking up a fix of some sort but havent found any luck, would anyone be kind enough to give me some tips/help on this?

i want to eventually flash miui onto it cause i just naturally dont like stock roms for any phone really and ive found miui to be the best for me simply because of how they've layed stuff out on it

my is rooted too btw, and i've had no success flashing a custom recovery cause of a verify signature fail or something like that, im guessing cause S-ON is still well, ON lol :D

thanks heaps to anyone who can manage to help me out of this

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
unlocking bootloader

ths is where you need to start open cmd and typ fastboot get identifiertoken then it will display the token then you will copy and past into htc dev and then submit if you copyed it correctly you will get a confermation and the email will be sent you the next step open the email and download the unlock code and place it in the same folder that you have fastboot and adb in next step open cmd and typ fastboot flash unlock token unlock_code.ben now look at your evo and it should say unlock bootloader press volume up for yes and then press the power button and this will also reset the evo dont worry after this you will need to install a custom recovery i suggest 4ext for that on your evo open up your web browser and typ 4ext.net and then head over http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22494488

Last edited:

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
ths is where you need to start open cmd and typ fastboot get identifiertoken then it will display the token then you will copy and past into htc dev and then submit if you copyed it correctly you will get a confermation and the email will be sent you the next step open the email and download the unlock code and place it in the same folder that you have fastboot and adb in next step open cmd and typ fastboot flash unlock token unlock_code.ben now look at your evo and it should say unlock bootloader press volume up for yes and then press the power button and this will also reset the evo dont worry after this you will need to install a custom recovery i suggest 4ext for that on your evo open up your web browser and typ 4ext.net and then head over to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1471246

i've already gone through that process in order to unlock the bootloader before, then i relocked it, and using the same Unlock_code.bin file I used to unlock it before, it won't unlock, should I go through the whole process from htcdev again?

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
You can flash the Rom of your choice but there is one very emportant thing and that is you have to flash a custom recovery check this web site out 4ext.net this is the best recovery and its easy to install you can download it using the web browser on your phone

Sent from my Evo 3D s off using xda premium

Reactions: T1LuX

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
I see that you've used the same unlock token of which you didn't have to I would delete the old one and get a new unlock token I've done that before and it works

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
Thanks jslim, got it unlocked now, as usual it hung on sending unlocktoken, I left it for awhile and it eventually went through

So u suggest I downgrade now if possible?

Also, if u don't mind, I have another problem,

I've tried to flash three different gsm roms since unlocking, AOKP, which hung on the HTC logo, then after restoring, miui 2.24.40 or something like that, which got past the HTC logo but, hung on the boot image, restored again and tried e3d light, which also qot stuck on the HTC logo, at present I'm still running stock

Any ideas? :confused:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
nvm got it working! for those reading this post I had to download 4ext recovery and use one of the test versions in which smartflash is included, that enabled me to flash roms with s-on :D running leedroid 5.4 now and its awesome! :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
I can help you through it I just need to know exactly what your trying to do and you can't skip around meaning no short cuts

Sent From my EVO 3D x515m S off using xda premium

Last edited:

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Ok the Rom you have flashed has lost its boot.IMG what you need to do next is go to you desktop or laptop and xtract that zip the file and when its done you need to open the xtracted folder and scroll down and you will see boot.IMG next you will copy it to the same folder that contains your adb and fastboot when that is done open cmd and type for example on my laptop I would type cd\rootevo3dnew press enter now my fastboot cmd is working next I would type fastboot flash boot boot.IMG and this will flash your boot.IMG but before you do this make sure the EVO is booted in bootloader and then conect your USB cable and tap the power button you should now see fastboot USB on your EVO now back to your desktop or laptop when you type the commands as I stated above whatch your EVO boot up and your up and running enjoy your EVO and when your ready to down grade your hboot I can help with that also

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
I'm running leedroid 5.4. now, boot image is working :)

yes, I would like to downgrade, my phones currently unlocked and rooted, and obviously s-on otherwise I wouldn't need to downgrade lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
That's awesome ok bofore you can start the down grading of your hboot I need to know if your on vodafone

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
im with optus if that's wat u mean

I bought it locked to vodafone, but I went on their website and got it unlocked for free, so its now network unlocked

Sent from my Evo 3D X515a using XDA

jslim38

Jul 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Ok this next step involves changing your cid number I need to are you familiar with that process and your not its ok I will show you what you need to typ now go ahead and connect your USB cable and boot in to fastboot when that's done open cmd and yes get your fastboot cmd working and next type fastboot getvar cid this will display your cid number and you will need to write it down this is your original cid number next don't close cmd next your going to typ fastboot write OEM cid VODAP001 press enter and it will writ your new cid number when its done you want to confirm that your cid number has changed so next you will typ fastboot getvar cid if it shows VODAP__001 then thats your new cid number let me know how it works out and we will start the next step

Last edited:

T1LuX

Oct 30, 2011
yes, well I tried it before but it didn't work, so step by step would be nice,

k I'll do that soon, short on time atm

I shall report back once I have completed that lol

Sent from my Evo 3D X515a using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can flash the Rom of your choice but there is one very emportant thing and that is you have to flash a custom recovery check this web site out 4ext.net this is the best recovery and its easy to install you can download it using the web browser on your phone