[GUIDE] HOW TO GET NETWORK MODE SWITCH (WCDMA Only, GSM Only) on 4.4.2 NC5/NC2

Search This thread

mitzael

Jan 15, 2013
La Vega
Hi, I hope that this will be useful for those who upgraded to 4.4.2 like me and were looking for hidden menu (at least) to change from GSM network mode to WCDMA mode and so (Testing mode is shown as disabled/unavailable on NC2 and NC5 when you use any application like Pimp My Rom or Hidden Menu App to access to Hidden Menu)

First you must have your device rooted, now edit the following lines to the "build.prop" file located on system folder:

ro.product.name=jfltevzw
ro.product.device=jfltevzw

Replace "jfltevzw" with "SM-N900S"

and the lines should look like this:

ro.product.name=SM-N900S
ro.product.device=SM-N900S

Note: The side effect on doing this is that you will have S5's status bar icons theme, I have not tried with another model name because I don't want to have the risk of bricking my phone in the attemping and then have to flash it.

After doing this reboot your device, then go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and you will get a screen like the following screenshots:

Screenshot_2014_05_17_17_15_34.png

Screenshot_2014_05_17_17_15_23.png

Last edited:

navy2012

Jan 8, 2012
Does this mean I can take a verizon phone to tmobile? In other words, I can switch to GSM and use tmobile ? I use mostly wifi, I don't bother with lte.

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Does this mean I can take a verizon phone to tmobile? In other words, I can switch to GSM and use tmobile ? I use mostly wifi, I don't bother with lte.

You don't even need this. Just makes it easier. I'm running the T-Mobile version of Dan's Google Edition ROM right now and posting on T-Mobile LTE.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

untruestory

Nov 7, 2010
I tried this and all that happened is I got the s5 icons. There is no "Network Mode" option in the Mobile Network menu. I have Knox and a couple irrelevant samsung apps frozen. Ideas?

crizcord

Dec 13, 2013
I tried this method and it didn't work for me. I have a Galaxy S4 from Open Mobile (PuertoRico) and Im trying to switch from CDMA to GSM, Any other method to try?

I case it Helps here are the specifications

Model
SCH-I545L

Carrier
Open Mobile

Android Version

Baseband
I545LWWUFNMC5

Kernel
3.4.0-1177148

Build
KOT49H.I545LWWUFNC5

Hardware Version
I545L.00

hope this help in some way

mitzael

Jan 15, 2013
La Vega
I tried this method and it didn't work for me. I have a Galaxy S4 from Open Mobile (PuertoRico) and Im trying to switch from CDMA to GSM, Any other method to try?

I case it Helps here are the specifications

Model
SCH-I545L

Carrier
Open Mobile

Android Version

Baseband
I545LWWUFNMC5

Kernel
3.4.0-1177148

Build
KOT49H.I545LWWUFNC5

Hardware Version
I545L.00

hope this help in some way

This is for I545 variant no tested on other models.

mr64fixit

Apr 28, 2006
my i545l nc5 not change to gsm when use advanced signal status, as soon select gsm it go back to cdma any more ideas?
ok i installed total commander and edit some lines in file as described b4:
from
ro.product.name=jfltelra
ro.product.device=jfltelra
to
ro.product.name=SM-N900S
with total commander
and now i can select gsm but still not connect to any.

Last edited:

qx1

Nov 21, 2014
SAME PROBLEM SCH-i545L

my i545l nc5 not change to gsm when use advanced signal status, as soon select gsm it go back to cdma any more ideas?
ok i installed total commander and edit some lines in file as described b4:
from
ro.product.name=jfltelra
ro.product.device=jfltelra
to
ro.product.name=SM-N900S
with total commander
and now i can select gsm but still not connect to any.

Hi, Mr64fixit I have the same problem as you. Have you found a solution yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I hope that this will be useful for those who upgraded to 4.4.2 like me and were looking for hidden menu (at least) to change from GSM network mode to WCDMA mode and so (Testing mode is shown as disabled/unavailable on NC2 and NC5 when you use any application like Pimp My Rom or Hidden Menu App to access to Hidden Menu)

First you must have your device rooted, now edit the following lines to the "build.prop" file located on system folder:

ro.product.name=jfltevzw
    ro.product.device=jfltevzw

Replace "jfltevzw" with "SM-N900S"

and the lines should look like this:

ro.product.name=SM-N900S

Note: The side effect on doing this is that you will have S5's status bar icons theme, I have not tried with another model name because I don't want to have the risk of bricking my phone in the attemping and then have to flash it.

After doing this reboot your device, then go to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and you will get a screen like the following screenshots:

Screenshot_2014_05_17_17_15_34.png

Screenshot_2014_05_17_17_15_23.png
    I use an app called Advanced Signal Status.