Sim unlock method

Search This thread

habunath

Sep 19, 2012
Don´t Work i ve tried in Lollipop, in this case you need BL Unlock and flash ViperRomM8 Android 4.4.4 and proceed to unlock when the unlock is done, again flash ViperRom Lollipop 5.0.1 , is not complicated just need a little time

my phone is now sim unlocked and running viperrom 4.4.4, so if i just flash viper rom lollipop now in twrp it will stay sim unlocked in loliipop too , right??

Reactions: JT man

sololol

Mar 18, 2015
It does work still (did it like 5 mins ago).

I used a stock rooted HK using android 4.4.3 deodexed (here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2795823, use the deodexed link), note I DONT have HK on this m8 but the rom still works alright.

On the computer cmd:
adb remount (just to get rw perms)
adb push HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk /system/app (used the one OP uploaded)

On the phone:
tried to install the apk - failed - opened sim unlocker followed the steps as per OP (click on sim lock not cl sim lock), restarted using phone buttons not the app. All g.

Installing android HD revolution to see if it sticks now (Edit: Installing lastest HD rev makes it NOT WORK, however I don't get a popup for 'the wrong sim card' it just wont find any network...Edit2 after another restart it finds service and works again. All good.)

getvar all - of phone completed on:
Code:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.09.20.0119
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.651.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) product: m8_whl
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B70000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 6400afe2
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.030s

Last edited:

fz7qd

Mar 11, 2015

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
Since you have sim unlocked using OMJ advice in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729170&page=444

Can you help me out too ? Just tell me which RUU you used and name of the rom so i can flash the sim_unlock.zip ...I have been trying to unlock my HTC M8 SPRINT from 20 days.I will be really thankful if you can help me out :)
I just flashed 2.1 version of his ROM and I skipped all the setup and then after that I flashed the zip through recovery and i turned it on and followed the instructions that he posted and everything worked :)

fz7qd

Mar 11, 2015
I just flashed 2.1 version of his ROM and I skipped all the setup and then after that I flashed the zip through recovery and i turned it on and followed the instructions that he posted and everything worked :)

But i have a non-HK SPRINT M8.Should i still flash the badboyz v2.1 ? It seems to be of HK version

Last edited:

mikebay

Aug 3, 2010
unlock sprint m8 help

Hello my fellow experts!

I have an Sprint HTC One M8 that I would like to be used on the T-Mobile network.

So far, I have the following: S-off, Rooted, Bootloader Unlock, SuperCID

I tried to use the method using the Terminal and type in "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity". It gives me a Type 3 error.

I have also try using replacing the HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk and HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk and unlocking it through the HTC One SIM unlock apps. I get nothing when I pressed on the Start button. Instead, i got the vDM error.

I really need some guidance on this. Please respond to this and email me personally too if you can help. Mucho thanks.

valuecustomer2@gmail.com

leo5354

Sep 29, 2010
Batavia
Just successfully unlock M8 Sprint non HK
S-On, Stock 4.4.4

Basically all I do was just unlock BL, flash TWRP, install SuperSU and root explorer
Next I flash the SIM_Unlock.zip file in BadBoyz ROM thread (page 442) using TWRP

Reboot to recovery then factory reset, go through the initial setup then install the modified HTCOMAdm flashed using root explorer in the system/app folder

Next I install and run SIMUnlockhelper from this thread (see previous pages) then go through the procedure in OP to unlock SIM

So now I have an unlocked M8 Sprint running stock rooted 4.4.4SIM

Anyone having same device with me please try my method to see if it works for you too or not

Lussardi

Mar 24, 2013
San Salvador
Hello my fellow experts!

I have an Sprint HTC One M8 that I would like to be used on the T-Mobile network.

So far, I have the following: S-off, Rooted, Bootloader Unlock, SuperCID

I tried to use the method using the Terminal and type in "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity". It gives me a Type 3 error.

I have also try using replacing the HtcOMADM_SettingsPlugin_SPCS.apk and HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk and unlocking it through the HTC One SIM unlock apps. I get nothing when I pressed on the Start button. Instead, i got the vDM error.

I really need some guidance on this. Please respond to this and email me personally too if you can help. Mucho thanks.

valuecustomer2@gmail.com

You are in Lollipop? downgrade to Kit Kat 4.4.4 and repeat steps

henhida

Nov 21, 2012
hi im curently running on lolipop 5.0.1
S-0n, unlocked bootloader, root , installed TWRP
is it ok if i flash Viper 3.2.1 rom via TWRP ?

Last edited:

Lussardi

Mar 24, 2013
San Salvador
hi im curently running on lolipop 5.0.1
S-0n, unlocked bootloader, root , installed TWRP
is it ok if i flash Viper 3.2.1 rom via TWRP ?

Take a Nandroid Backup Lollipop ROM, flash ViperROM 3.2.1 4.4.4 rename both files HTCOMADM_SPCS .odex and .apk and copy the modified files to system/app , and run the CMD command and perform unlock sim after that restore your Nandroid Lollipop and your HTC M8 its unlock :cowboy:

henhida

Nov 21, 2012
Take a Nandroid Backup Lollipop ROM, flash ViperROM 3.2.1 4.4.4 rename both files HTCOMADM_SPCS .odex and .apk and copy the modified files to system/app , and run the CMD command and perform unlock sim after that restore your Nandroid Lollipop and your HTC M8 its unlock :cowboy:

hi thx for tutor,
i will try later,
anyway can you more sepicific about "run the CMD command and perform unlock sim "

thanks

Lussardi

Mar 24, 2013
San Salvador
hi thx for tutor,
i will try later,
anyway can you more sepicific about "run the CMD command and perform unlock sim "

thanks

To simplify this method to unlock any M8, no need S-Off only unlock Bootloader, Root , TWPR & Modified HTCOMADM_SPCS middle knowledge to manipulated TWRP, rename via TWRP HTC OMA .apk and HTC OMADM .odex to .bak and just copy de modified HTCOMADM and launch via CDM Terminal

adb shell
su

am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity

API

sim lock

unlock done!

no need any custom rom, or based sense roms just BL Unlock TWRP and Root

read this

Reactions: zlebors

mikebay

Aug 3, 2010
Is this for T-Mobile US? I want to know the same because the M7 has different steps added along with a radio downgrade

Yes, I want to use it for t-mobile. However, I can't get the phone to be unlock.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Can one of the expert on here post a detailed guide to unlock this phone? As in, what is the actual step and step and what does the phone needs to be using in order for the unlock to work.

For example, the phone must be in 4.4.4 Kit Kat, rooted, fastboot unlocked, s-off, firmware version xxx.

Actual firmware and ROM that you used is also helpful too since there are sooooo many versions of the ROM, firmware, HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk, etc.

I REAALLLY appreciate whoever help us out. Thanks! http://cdn4.xda-developers.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    100% Work For Gsm Unlock Stock 4.4.2 ( Permanent )

Step 1 - Unlockbootloader-custom recovery-root-s.off
    - Unlock bootloader from htc dev
    - donwload and Install Custom Recovery TWRP link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698400
    - download and install SuperSu from TWRP link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698400
    - S-Off Using firewater and follow Instructions (normal, rooted device method) link http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/ or Using Sunshine (25$)

Step 2 -
    Download HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and put in internal storage phone
    Download and install root explorer
    Download and install htc one sim unlockhelper from playstore

Step 3 -
    Open root explorer and hit button Mount r/w for permission read.write
    Backup original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex by changing the file name ( anything that is easy to remember ) From /system/app directory
    After rename the original file, copy modded file HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk to /system/app directory and make sure you have set the permission rw-r-r and reboot device

Step 4 - Begin Sim Unlock
    Open htc one sim unlock helper on your phone, it will say htc one device check fail. now click the 3 menu dot and click on "Display SIM Unlock Log" It might ask you for Permissions. Make sure to Grant them. After that it will say "SIM Unlock Log". There shouldn't be anything there. Now hit the back button and now it should say Device Verified, Root Available etc.
    Next hit "start" button. If everything goes well, within seconds you should be in the OMADM Test Client Menu and Scroll all the way down to the end and tap the selection SIMLOCK. The phone will freeze a couple of seconds and then return to normal. Once done and normal, tap the back button and the SIM Unlock Helper should show SIM Unlock Results. If it says Successful, hit back button then show Device Verified, Root Available etc menu again. Then reboot the phone manually from power button

Step 5 -
    Once Rebooted, Insert your SIM Card of your GSM Carrier and go to your Settings> Mobile Data> Network Mode. Once you tap that, Tap GSM/UTMS Only. If successful your phone will switch from Sprint to the GSM carrier. All there is next is to setup your APN settings to be able to receive the carriers data services.

Step 6 -
    delete the modded file HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk
    And rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error

Step 7 - optional
    Changing signal logo to H or 3G icon
    open root explorer then open in text editor file default.xml from /system/customize/ACC
    Scroll all the way down find this line <item type="integer" name="sku_id">10</item>
    Change the number to 42 and save
    reboot

Thanks to:
    - nikme thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682242
    - theslimed2013 thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608910

credit for modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK chas123 also used in HTC ONE unlock
    NO S-OFF Needed for M8 Sprint SIM Unlock

I just want to share with you guys my experience....

I was able to get my hands on one of these Sprint M8 and like everyone else, I wanted my phone to be SIM unlocked (to use it outside the USA). So, I followed instructions provided in the OP but at the S-OFF part I got stuck, since the Firewater method does not work in my phone.

Unable to get S-OFF, I skipped that part only to find out that when you replace the /system/app apk file, when you restart the phone, the changes are not saved, so the SIM Unlock Helper thing does not work. So, I was thinking, why would an app need S-OFF, I thought maybe the original HTC software was somehow preventing a system app to be replaced.

To make story short, I installed Viper ROM, and with root explorer I was able to overwrite the HTCOM... apk (change the .apk permision to allow everything), did a hot reboot, then a full reboot, and the unlock app worked perfectly, tho it crashed in the first attempt but I tried again and it worked!

My conclusion, you need to S-OFF in order to unlock this phone only if you are willing to install another ROM.

Anyway, if you guys need any details, I'll be glad to help you.

Thanks to the OP!
    Thanks bro, u really helped me and i love you .
    So may be i can help the others.
    If u press start button and nothing happens? May be u forgot about permissions ( long press on htcomadm, which u placed in system/app and choose permissions. It must be on first column - RW, second - R, third - R)
    Thats what helped me and i hope it will help you too
    NP Mate. Glad i was of help to you. Cheers!!!
    Had a hard time finding the HTC One Sim Unlock Helper so if anyone is looking for it I found it here:
    http://xdaforums.com/sprint-htc-one/themes-apps/app-sim-unlock-helper-viperboy-t2906419

P.S. I was successful in unlocked Sprint HTC One m8 Hk edition using stock rooted sprint m8 hk odexed rom. Using Viper rom now and everything is working perfectly.
    Hello guys
    I just bought a US Sprint Version M8 and It is driving me Crazy.
    I still am not able to unlock it. HELP HELP
    My device is htvdev boot loader unlocked.
    S-off
    Rooted as well
    I first tried the Universal sim unlock method via http://www.sieempi.eu where you flash in the config.dat file via simlock option, everything failed except it said successfully applied imei code.
    I popped in a foreign gsm sim card, still it was locked. Nothing happened
    I than proceeded with the SuperCid 11111111 trick, I was able to change the code successfully.
    But when I tried in ma foreign sim card. Nothing worked.
    After doing the above two steps I than tried the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk mod trick on my currently installed stock rom.
    I renamed the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else
    And pasted modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and changed permission to rw-r-r.
    I ran sim unlocker helper program, granted it SU rights reached the page with the start button but when I press the start button no pop up window appears. Nothing happens at all.
    I than decided to flash my Stock Rom to BSC_Stock_Rooted_M8_RLS_21 Rom
    I tried the same trick and switched the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk with the modified file.
    I open sim unlocker helper, grand su access and it takes me to start button but when I press start nothing happens still.
    Now with the new Rom when I pop in the sim card I get Invalid Card. Please contact customer care.
    Note: I also changed the network to gsm only directly via the menu and also by using the #*#*4636*#*# code
    Attached is a screen shot :

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Try the following on you responsibility
    - You should know your SPC, you can read it with CDMA Workshop or CDMA DFS Tool.
    - Install QSPT (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2263391)
    - enable diag mode ##3424#
    - open QPST configuration, from port tab add your device diagnostics port.
    - from start clients tab choose service programming then ok & click on read from phone.
    - on system tab choose automatic for roam preferences.
    - on UMTS System tab choose any for pref service domain & any band (last bottom right) for proffered band.
    - click write to phone, then your device should work on GSM mode with modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk.