What do you guys make of these benchmark accusations?

Search This thread

kevinallen4325

Mar 19, 2012
There's a lot of rumors stating that the m8 is basically "cheating" benchmarks to get higher scores. Any thoughts? Personally, I don't care if they are. Everything about this phone is silky smooth and extremely responsive. It might actually be the most responsive phone I've used

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

seanu13

Mar 29, 2013
I thought kit Kat made it so that doesn't happen anymore (at least on the m7 and gs4, etc)

Lt.Tealc

Nov 18, 2011
i had a chance to try it out at the ATT location. it,s incredibly fast and smooth. i am really surprised how fast it is even with the sence

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Can we use this thread to post benchmarks cause I've yet to find a thread for our ATT M8 .

Benchmark[emoji652]
d85c860385fe52e4abd41fe316e7d7ed.jpg

Running this ROM [emoji652]
0dfeaac182efa133202b1c9e2c33567f.jpg

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Samsung is notorious for " cheating" bench scores....Those scores are for people with too much time on their hands.....This phone is awesome , period.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: jball

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Samsung is notorious for " cheating" bench scores....Those scores are for people with too much time on their hands.....This phone is awesome , period.

This thread was zombied to post a benchmark. But since the topic has been revived: as touched upon by a previous reply, just about everyone cheats on benchmarks. That goes for any computer products (CPUs, video cards, etc.) not just for phones. If a system exists to gauge the performance of a product (and by extension, the product and manufacturers reputation); you can bet that a manufacturer is going to try to game that system.

Last edited:
Reactions: GalaxyNotesTx

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
This thread was zombied to post a benchmark. But the topic has been revived, as touched upon by a previous reply, just about everyone cheats on benchmarks. That goes for any computer products (CPUs, video cards, etc.) not just for phones. If a system exists to gauge the performance of a product (and by extension, the product and manufacturers reputation); you can bet that a manufacturer is going to try to game that system.
[emoji33]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As long as it's smooth and fast I could care less about benchmarks. Stopped running them a couple of years ago. They're useless.
    As long as it's smooth and fast I could care less about benchmarks. Stopped running them a couple of years ago. They're useless.

This.

Probably every OEM is cheating on benchmark (which I find very lame).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly!!! CHEERS!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

This thread was zombied to post a benchmark. But since the topic has been revived: as touched upon by a previous reply, just about everyone cheats on benchmarks. That goes for any computer products (CPUs, video cards, etc.) not just for phones. If a system exists to gauge the performance of a product (and by extension, the product and manufacturers reputation); you can bet that a manufacturer is going to try to game that system.