Device screen wont turn on after modifying build.prop

Search This thread

elFahd

Apr 4, 2007
Beirut
Hey guys, I think this is my first brick in 7 years after tinkering with my devices nonstop, and now I really need your help.
I was tired of having my screen flicker all the time and having to disable hw overlay every hour, so I found a thread where they indicated what you need to modify in order to not have to tick that option always, after doing that (I backed up my build.prop and my rom before) I cant access CWM anymore, the only thing I can access is download mode (Odin) I tried to re-flash CWM it didnt work, I tried to unzip a 4.4.2 rom then rezip it as .tar (I got odin stopped working) I can hear my whatsapp ringing but the screen just doesnt turn on anymore. I was using CandyKat-Uber-v1.3.1-20140406-quincyatt
as of now I dont know wat to do.
Any suggestion to remodify my original build.prop or maybe flash it thru odin or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys!

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
Hey guys, I think this is my first brick in 7 years after tinkering with my devices nonstop, and now I really need your help.
I was tired of having my screen flicker all the time and having to disable hw overlay every hour, so I found a thread where they indicated what you need to modify in order to not have to tick that option always, after doing that (I backed up my build.prop and my rom before) I cant access CWM anymore, the only thing I can access is download mode (Odin) I tried to re-flash CWM it didnt work, I tried to unzip a 4.4.2 rom then rezip it as .tar (I got odin stopped working) I can hear my whatsapp ringing but the screen just doesnt turn on anymore. I was using CandyKat-Uber-v1.3.1-20140406-quincyatt
as of now I dont know wat to do.
Any suggestion to remodify my original build.prop or maybe flash it thru odin or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys!

Once you get it back up use the ROM patch in the Beanstalk thread to fix flicker and other problems. It has always done it for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Put the phone in download mode. Then in kies do a firmware recovery and initialization. It will make your phone stock. Then Odin cwm and rom again.