[Q] Change keyboard? and Xposed?

Search This thread

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
2 different questions here. No use in making a new thread for everything.

I did some searching and for some reason with the update you supposedly cant change the default keyboard. I have the Google Keyboard (my preferred one) installed, changed it so it should be the default. But it just wont change it. Has anyone been able to figure out a way to get it done?

2nd Q. Does Xposed work on the G2? Or is there something like it? I want to change the battery icon, and show dbm for the signal.

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
As far as the keyboard I'm not sure. I do know that swiftkey won't work properly but don't know about the google keyboard. Xposed does work with the G2 just use the G2tweakbox and G2 xposed modules.

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
I have the G2Tweaksbox loaded up. But you have to have root to use it. And right now nobody has rooted 4.4.2. without going through crazy measures.

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
No problem using the Google keyboard here. It's also a pretty easy process to root. A bit of a pita but easy with the TOT method.
Finally got the keyboard to work. There is a stupid thing on the pull down menu when you go to type something that asks you to choose input. And from there you can select your other keyboard. So glad I got the Google Keyboard to work. That LG one is abysmal.

Froid: Could you paste a link here so I can read over the root. Everything I have found says that since the update you have to go back to 4.2.2. That is something I could do but am not wanting to go that far. If there were an easier way to just put on another ROM I would do that for sure.