Storage

Search This thread

calibachrome

Feb 10, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I have a T-Mobile galaxy s5 stock rooted. I'm having an issue with internal storage. It says I have 5.5g in misc files being used. This was the case before when I had a nandroid backup on there. However I moved it yet the space is still being used although the file is no longer on there. Trying to figure out how I can resolve this and get my storage back.

Well if you moved a Nandoid or other large files and the apparent free space didn't change.. I'd suspect that you copied rather than moved the files. Use a file explorer to confirm whether the Nandroid files are still there or not.

Alternately have a look at the directories that have the largest files and re /move them as appropriate.
You can use various terminal commands to locate the largest files, e.g.

Code:
su
du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10

Code:
su
for i in G M K; do du -aH | grep [0-9]$i | sort -nr -k 1; done | head -n 11

If you still have a mystery, then I suppose file system corruption is possible. Perhaps the easiest way to resolve that would be restoring a known good, full Nandroid backup.

S

Silentrath

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well if you moved a Nandoid or other large files and the apparent free space didn't change.. I'd suspect that you copied rather than moved the files. Use a file explorer to confirm whether the Nandroid files are still there or not.

Alternately have a look at the directories that have the largest files and re /move them as appropriate.
    You can use various terminal commands to locate the largest files, e.g.

Code:
    su
    du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 10

Code:
    su
    for i in G M K; do du -aH | grep [0-9]$i | sort -nr -k 1; done | head -n 11

If you still have a mystery, then I suppose file system corruption is possible. Perhaps the easiest way to resolve that would be restoring a known good, full Nandroid backup.