[Q] Updating CWM/Installing LiquidSmooth

Search This thread

CPower2012

Jul 25, 2013
So I've got a SGH-I747M that I rooted and put a ROM on probably more than a year ago now. Been happy with it, but figure I should probably get a new ROM, as I'm still on Jelly Bean and the one I have has always been a bit bloated. So I started brushing up on all this stuff as I forgot how to even install a new ROM, I'm a very casual Android user. Anyway I figure most of it out and decide I want to install this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630316

So I download the latest version and go to flash it and get a Status 7 error. From what I could gather this means my recovery needs to be updated, correct? If not I need even more help. But anyway yeah I need to update my CWM. Start looking up how to do that and it says to download ROM Manager, but apparently me device isn't supported with that. Then I see some stuff about flashable recovery files, but the only ones for my phone are even more out of date than the one I have. So what are my options for updating it then? I know you can use Odin for it, but I can't for the life of me find the right file. Then there's the thing with the the Terminal Emulator stuff using the .img file, which might be how I installed it in the first place, but that seems like the easiest way to brick my phone. It'd be great if someone just had a recent flashable version, but if not the file I need for Odin. Or is the Terminal Emulator method not as intimidating as it looks? And if that isn't the reason I was getting the error well then I'm just lost.

Please someone just put an end to my misery and tell me what the hell to do.

CPower2012

Jul 25, 2013
Nevermind, I figured it all out. See you in another year when I forget what the hell I'm doing again.