[GUIDE] Changing Plat Logo and Text - Easter Egg (JB)

Search This thread

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
Guys, I know there's a thread about this here, but that guide is about Gingerbread, and if any of you go to the file mentioned there, you'll see that its completely different.

What you'll need

Tools

I made it using Virtuous Ten Studio, but you can use whatever you want. If you prefer, you can take a look here and choose the tool that best fits in your needs.

Files

• /system/app/SystemUI.apk
  • /system/framework/framework-res.apk
  • /system/framework/framework.jar

Let's start!

Changing the Plat Logo

This one is pretty much the same, go to framework-res.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/ to change the platlogo.png and platlogo_alt.png, and you can head to SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/ to change the jandycane.png, redbean0.png, redbean1.png, redbean2.png and redbeandroid.png.

Changing the Text

For this example, I'll use the lines on 4.2.2 Sammy ROMs. If you are on another build/version, the lines should be like this:

• 4.2.2 Sammy -> 151, 157 and 198
  • 4.3.1 AOSP ->182, 188 and 238

But I higly suggest you to not do it based on the line numbers, but in the line itself. Here are how the lines should look like:
Code:
[B]1st -> [/B]const-string v9, "Android "
[B]2nd -> [/B]sget-object v9, Landroid/os/Build$VERSION;->RELEASE:Ljava/lang/String;
[B]3rd -> [/B]const-string v8, "JELLY BEAN"

1st step: Decompile framework.jar
2nd step: Head to com/android/internal/app/PlatLogoActivity.smali

Go to line 151, the line will be like this:

Code:
const-string v9, "Android "

Here you can change the "Android " text for whatever you want. Note the space (" ") between the word "Android" and the right quote, that's what divides the sentence "Android" from "4.2.2".

e.g.
Code:
const-string v9, "RaphaDroid "

Now go to line 157 and see that things will get a little bit complicate:

Code:
sget-object v9, Landroid/os/Build$VERSION;->RELEASE:Ljava/lang/String;

The command sget-object is "calling" a variable somewhere in the file. But we can change it to const-string, just like in line 151. ** I've tried to delete the lines that I thought were responsible for this line, but (probably due to my lacking smali habilities) the phone got into a bootloop. **

e.g.
Code:
const-string v9, "v1.0"

Now head to line 198 and you'll have this:

Code:
const-string v8, "JELLY BEAN"

Here is just like the line 151. Change the JELLY BEAN text for whatever you want.

e.g.
Code:
const-string v8, "TUTORIAL"

Since this line is located under the other ones, there's no need to add space (" ").

Video tutorial (in portuguese, but it's easily understandable)[/indent]

Editando o arquivo framework.jar (Galaxy S3) - Editing framework.jar file (Galaxy S3)

Mission accomplished!

After changing everything you want, just copy/paste your apks and framework.jar in the right place, give permissions "-rw-r--r--" and reboot!

Result

Here we have the result of what we've done.

attachment.php

** The words "RaphaDroid" and "v1.0" are divided by that space (" ") that we've added in line 151 **

Please...

All I'll ask you, is that if you are going to change something in your ROM because of this guide, just mention me somewhere in your thread. It helps me A LOT!

Thanks! ;) ;) ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to...

DanielBT for his tutorial in BrasilDroid for editing Plat Logo and Text in Gingerbread

Original guides in BrasilDroid can be found here: for Gingerbread by DanielBT and for Jelly Bean by me.

Last edited:
Z

Zpik

really it works for all aosp roms, just different line numbers. I used this guide with N7 no issues. You should post this in xda android theme section too, its extremely useful;)

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
really it works for all aosp roms, just different line numbers. I used this guide with N7 no issues. You should post this in xda android theme section too, its extremely useful;)

Lol
I tried to edit but got into a bootloop. @Zpik, could you tell the lines you used?

Thanks!

Edit: I posted here cause because I wasn't sure it was going to work on other devices.

Last edited:

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
can someone help me for this?Im totally noob for this :')

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Looking at framework.jar inside crDroid AOSPA, I guess you could try this method in lines 182, 188 and 238 (at least in mako). But in CM-based ROMs, I have no clue on what could it be... :(
There are so many possibilities and I don't know smali... lol

zamzameir

Sep 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Looking at framework.jar inside crDroid AOSPA, I guess you could try this method in lines 182, 188 and 238 (at least in mako). But in CM-based ROMs, I have no clue on what could it be... :(

luckily I'm in paranoid android rom..:) can you help me with it? I'll post my framework. jar

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
I changed the first post to get it more widespread and cover more devices/versions. Could some Mod move it to a more general theming area?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: zamzameir

zamzameir

Sep 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm thinking.. Is there a way where I can manually set my wallpaper background instead of using the current wallpaper in jelly bean?0_o

Reactions: 6ixth and root user

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
I'm thinking.. Is there a way where I can manually set my wallpaper background instead of using the current wallpaper in jelly bean?0_o

I don't think so... In 4.4, we have a much more complex easter egg, that uses another Wallpaper... But it would be a lot of reading to understand that code...

Or you could use a platlogo with the same size of your screen. :)

whyalwaysme

Mar 22, 2013
Can we change the smali text in file explorer/root explorer?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
can i change whole easter egg ? like if i want to remove bean flinger n put an animation or a pic :?

You will need a lot of smali knowledge for this hahaha

I don't know if it's possible to be done in few steps or without "recoding" everything... And I think it doesn't accept animations, only static images.

Sent from my
mpai.png

RaphaDroid

Dec 19, 2012
São José
I've requested someone for framework res apk and framework.jar of nexus 5. Maybe it will help me........ btw I'm just a school student in std 10th and know nothing about coding :p

For the record, I didn't mean to offend you, ok?

And I took a look at a 4.4 framework.jar and it's COMPLETELY different, because of the much complex Easter Egg that is present in KitKat. :( :(

yash1331

Jan 1, 2013
Surat
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I wasn't offended btw I was just telling.

And I planned to do some research on SystemUI and framework of ics and compare it with job N kk. Because ics also have an animation easter egg

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I wasn't offended btw I was just telling.

And I planned to do some research on SystemUI and framework of ics and compare it with job N kk. Because ics also have an animation easter egg

Reactions: RaphaDroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, I know there's a thread about this here, but that guide is about Gingerbread, and if any of you go to the file mentioned there, you'll see that its completely different.

What you'll need

Tools

I made it using Virtuous Ten Studio, but you can use whatever you want. If you prefer, you can take a look here and choose the tool that best fits in your needs.

Files

• /system/app/SystemUI.apk
    • /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    • /system/framework/framework.jar

Let's start!

Changing the Plat Logo

This one is pretty much the same, go to framework-res.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/ to change the platlogo.png and platlogo_alt.png, and you can head to SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/ to change the jandycane.png, redbean0.png, redbean1.png, redbean2.png and redbeandroid.png.

Changing the Text

For this example, I'll use the lines on 4.2.2 Sammy ROMs. If you are on another build/version, the lines should be like this:

• 4.2.2 Sammy -> 151, 157 and 198
    • 4.3.1 AOSP ->182, 188 and 238

But I higly suggest you to not do it based on the line numbers, but in the line itself. Here are how the lines should look like:
    Code:
    [B]1st -> [/B]const-string v9, "Android "
    [B]2nd -> [/B]sget-object v9, Landroid/os/Build$VERSION;->RELEASE:Ljava/lang/String;
    [B]3rd -> [/B]const-string v8, "JELLY BEAN"

1st step: Decompile framework.jar
    2nd step: Head to com/android/internal/app/PlatLogoActivity.smali

Go to line 151, the line will be like this:

Code:
    const-string v9, "Android "

Here you can change the "Android " text for whatever you want. Note the space (" ") between the word "Android" and the right quote, that's what divides the sentence "Android" from "4.2.2".

e.g.
    Code:
    const-string v9, "RaphaDroid "

Now go to line 157 and see that things will get a little bit complicate:

Code:
    sget-object v9, Landroid/os/Build$VERSION;->RELEASE:Ljava/lang/String;

The command sget-object is "calling" a variable somewhere in the file. But we can change it to const-string, just like in line 151. ** I've tried to delete the lines that I thought were responsible for this line, but (probably due to my lacking smali habilities) the phone got into a bootloop. **

e.g.
    Code:
    const-string v9, "v1.0"

Now head to line 198 and you'll have this:

Code:
    const-string v8, "JELLY BEAN"

Here is just like the line 151. Change the JELLY BEAN text for whatever you want.

e.g.
    Code:
    const-string v8, "TUTORIAL"

Since this line is located under the other ones, there's no need to add space (" ").

Video tutorial (in portuguese, but it's easily understandable)[/indent]

Editando o arquivo framework.jar (Galaxy S3) - Editing framework.jar file (Galaxy S3)

Mission accomplished!

After changing everything you want, just copy/paste your apks and framework.jar in the right place, give permissions "-rw-r--r--" and reboot!

Result

Here we have the result of what we've done.

attachment.php

** The words "RaphaDroid" and "v1.0" are divided by that space (" ") that we've added in line 151 **

Please...

All I'll ask you, is that if you are going to change something in your ROM because of this guide, just mention me somewhere in your thread. It helps me A LOT!

Thanks! ;) ;) ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to...

DanielBT for his tutorial in BrasilDroid for editing Plat Logo and Text in Gingerbread

Original guides in BrasilDroid can be found here: for Gingerbread by DanielBT and for Jelly Bean by me.

luckily I'm in paranoid android rom..:) can you help me with it? I'll post my framework. jar

no need I finally got it working here..:D thanks for the tutorial
    can someone help me for this?Im totally noob for this :')