Reason why notifications stop working after a little

Search This thread

CarbonWyre

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix
Some of us have it, some don't. This seems to be a NON Samsung device thing.

Right now what is happening is at first install Notifications DO NOT need ATNManager to forward them, they work just find with only gear manager. But after some time and a couple notifications (changes on case to case basis) notifications will just stop forwarding. Every now and then they will come back, if you're lucky.

I've been screwing around with ATNManager after finding a bug (posted here) and found that clearing the cache for the app fixed it. I could forward 1 notification before I had to reset cache on ATNManager.

I applied the same idea to the Gear Manager app (not Connection Manager or Gear2 or any of the other) and my notifications magically started working again. Both had a cache size of exactly 68.00kb.

I hear there is an australian Gear Manager that fixes this issue, but I can't install Samsung Apps to download actual updates so I can't install it to test. If someone can get that version of the Gear Manager can you please post the APK?

mpogr

Jan 16, 2008
Melbourne
When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...

Last edited:

CarbonWyre

Feb 16, 2011
Phoenix
When I read the title of your post this morning, I thought "what the heck he's talking about?". That was after my notifications worked flawlessly for ~10 hours in a row. Then, a couple of hours later, they stopped. Now I understand exactly what you're talking about.
I did try clearing Gear Manager cache (and not Connection Manager or anything else this app installs). It didn't help.I didn't have ATNManager installed, as I didn't need it before. Should I try to start messing around with it?

EDITED:
I figured out rebooting the phone brings the notifications back. That's a good enough solution for me at this point of time...

Did you clear then reset or just reset?

hg10163

May 30, 2006
It's getting quiet here. For me a reboot doesn't always help. Clearing the Cache doesn't help as well. Sometimes there is actually no way to get the notifications working.

hg10163

May 30, 2006

Hi. This won't help. Notifications stop whenever they want and there is no reliable way of reactivating them. Sometimes reconnecting within GearManager may help, sometimes rebooting the phone. Sometime nothing at all helps - even not clearing caches, etc.