• uploadfromtaptalk1412747866966.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1412747866966.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 402
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412747873143.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1412747873143.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 382

MadMike10

May 9, 2010
I just wanted to add that talk quality is superb....

Sent from my SM-G850F using XDA Free mobile app

RS050377

Jun 4, 2012
I had a Galaxy S5 before the Alpha and it seems WIFI and Bluetooth strength are weaker on the Alpha. Can anybody confirm this?

thoots

Oct 14, 2014
Folks,

I thought I'd chime in, and give you a bit about my experiences so far:

I've got the AT&T / US version, and I'm very happy with it so far. I am absolutely happy with the screen -- I just cannot comprehend the whining that some folks across the 'net have been writing about it. I think it is absolutely, completely just fine -- I sure can't see anything to whine about at all. I'll let the non-owners whine about it, and tell you that I'm absolutely happy with the screen.

I'm also happy with the battery life -- I have no stats or anything, but I have always charged up my phones "when I get home" in the evening, and then just top it up first thing in the morning before I head out the door. And with that, I really haven't even seen anything below about 70%, so far. And now that I'm done with all of the app installing, media downloading, tweaking settings and such, the battery life has been just wonderful -- I could easily go without the evening charge-up. And, as others have mentioned, since the battery is so small, charging goes very quickly -- so far, it rarely takes more than about a half-hour to get it back up to 100%.

In the end, I'm happy with it, and I'm glad I went for it. No whining about the screen or the battery from me, absolutely most definitely.

thoots

svengalis

Feb 6, 2011
Columbia, SC
yeah im not sure what the complaints about the screen were for either. the camera on the other hand seems to take some bad pictures. just parts of the picture turns out flat. the nexus 5 had a better camera which is quite unbelievable.

This is the lightest smart phone I have every owned. Flag Samsung went back to the 4.7(prefect size) phones. Battery and camera area pretty bad though.

is there anywhere on the net on what apps i should uninstall. this phone seems to be quite laggy at times.

Last edited:

chong67

Sep 2, 2007
Atlanta
I got this phone too. It is on firesale at $250, but I got it for $240 bc of ebay bucks. Its unlock so I am using it on Tmobile. I am getting 4G LTE icon.

Now, what happened? Did Samsung misfired on this phone?

I like the small form factor. Look like a distant cousin to my Note 4.

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
I think this phone was way underrated because of the initial hefty price but not with the price at 250$ range I have found this to be the best phone for me. And I have used all kinds of phone and infact I used like 25-30 different phones last year to find the perfect phone for myself :)

chong67

Sep 2, 2007
Atlanta
I think this phone was way underrated because of the initial hefty price but not with the price at 250$ range I have found this to be the best phone for me. And I have used all kinds of phone and infact I used like 25-30 different phones last year to find the perfect phone for myself :)

I see. Why is Samsung only release it for ATT? If they want to make more money, they should make it for every carrier. I thought its on fire sale so Samsung can get rid of it.

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
I see. Why is Samsung only release it for ATT? If they want to make more money, they should make it for every carrier. I thought its on fire sale so Samsung can get rid of it.

Samsung was testing the new design template with alpha before it settled on s6 and so I believe alpha was supposed to be just something they release in small market for feedback. Now that they have s6 out they are not going to make any more alpha as s6 is already turning out to be a good cash cow for Samsung.

chong67

Sep 2, 2007
Atlanta
Samsung was testing the new design template with alpha before it settled on s6 and so I believe alpha was supposed to be just something they release in small market for feedback. Now that they have s6 out they are not going to make any more alpha as s6 is already turning out to be a good cash cow for Samsung.

Sounds reasonable. I thought its a good size phone but at a $250 price is just awesome. Get it while its this cheap.

chong67

Sep 2, 2007
Atlanta
I like this phone. This is not my primary phone. I have it unlock and use on T-mobile. It cannot do T-mobile Wifi calling. You have to root it to do T-mobile hotspot.

I use this phone when I go jogging and use it for gps to upload my running stats to FB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks,

I thought I'd chime in, and give you a bit about my experiences so far:

I've got the AT&T / US version, and I'm very happy with it so far. I am absolutely happy with the screen -- I just cannot comprehend the whining that some folks across the 'net have been writing about it. I think it is absolutely, completely just fine -- I sure can't see anything to whine about at all. I'll let the non-owners whine about it, and tell you that I'm absolutely happy with the screen.

I'm also happy with the battery life -- I have no stats or anything, but I have always charged up my phones "when I get home" in the evening, and then just top it up first thing in the morning before I head out the door. And with that, I really haven't even seen anything below about 70%, so far. And now that I'm done with all of the app installing, media downloading, tweaking settings and such, the battery life has been just wonderful -- I could easily go without the evening charge-up. And, as others have mentioned, since the battery is so small, charging goes very quickly -- so far, it rarely takes more than about a half-hour to get it back up to 100%.

In the end, I'm happy with it, and I'm glad I went for it. No whining about the screen or the battery from me, absolutely most definitely.

thoots
    @svmpatel
    Thanks for your battery report, but you have to keep in mind the different battery sizes: 50% of Alpha battery are not the same remaining mah as 50% on Nexus 5.

Oh, trust me... I got that, I guess I'm mainly trying to illustrate that regardless of battery capacity I was still getting quite a bit of battery left at the end of a typical day, whether that is 35-50% of Nexus 5 2300mAh (805-1150mAh left at end of day) or Alpha's 45-60% 1860mAh (837-1116mAh). As you can see, the calculated numbers are pretty close even though the Alpha is drawing from a pool that is significantly smaller than the Nexus 5, which to me shows that the USED power, to accomplish the same daily tasks as done on the Nexus 5, is pretty well managed by the Alpha.

Hope that makes sense... What is in my mind and what I type are not always sane :)
    @radioxmen
    I have extracted the wallpaper, even in Full HD

https://flic.kr/p/oM2ZZw
    Battery life...like everyone is saying..
    I've had my Alpha for a week now and the battery life isn't that bad tbh. You can get through the day with moderate use. I'm getting between 4-4.5hrs total screen on time and only stick it on charge before bedtime. I haven't even used power saver yet!
    Personally speaking, I knew what I was getting in terms of battery size but I still sold my S5 to buy the Alpha and I don't regret it at all.
    How is the battery life compared to other flagship devices?