[APP] Reddita, a new tablet exclusive reddit client!

Search This thread

Leyths

Dec 21, 2009
I've been working on this app for a month or so after seeing the sorry state of Honeycomb ready apps, I hope you guys like it!

Screenshots http://imgur.com/a/bBA19#FbVBI
Paid (Ad free) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leyths.reddita.pro
Free (Ad supported) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leyths.reddita.free

Features:

• Read all your favorite subreddits, comment on links and upvote and downvote stories.
  • Check and reply to your mail.
  • Customizable notifications to always stay on top of your messages.
  • View profiles.
  • Check your friends, send them messages and see their posts highlighted in your feed.
  • Optional detailed view, view the number of upvotes and downvotes comments and stories have received.
  • Pin your favorite subreddits for easy access
  • Save links which catch your eye and view them later.
  • Search and sort your feed.
  • Never ending reddit

I've had a lot of positive feedback and I'm in the process of ironing out most of the bugs, and all feedback is welcome!

Thanks.

mowh1.jpg

Last edited:

Leyths

Dec 21, 2009
Thanks for fixing the links for me, was really infuriating that I couldn't post the full link!

-shift-

Jun 29, 2010
another redditor chiming in.. fantastic work! loving it :D

i wish i could upvote this...

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
Works great however if it is a video link such as youtube it doesn't play.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

-shift-

Jun 29, 2010
I need to add an initial 'tutorial' thing for the app on first start I think.

a brief tutorial on the basics would be awesome and most appreciated. i didn't know i had to long-press to upvote, for example.

Last edited:

pyee0124

Jan 20, 2010
BC
This is a really cool app! Only thing I would like to see is working video and zooming of images without jumping to browser.

Aside from that, my productivity has now gone down significantly while away from my desk. So I suppose you could call this a ... success?

Leyths

Dec 21, 2009
Glad you like it! I'm not sure if I can do anything about videos not loading (I think thats just a limitation of not being directly in-browser), but I'm investigating not being able to zoom images and will aim to get it fixed!

streetmapp

Mar 1, 2011
This is a really cool app! Only thing I would like to see is working video and zooming of images without jumping to browser.

Aside from that, my productivity has now gone down significantly while away from my desk. So I suppose you could call this a ... success?

yeah some form of displaying the images natively without loading up imgur would be slick

tinpusher

Jan 1, 2007
D.C.
Glad you like it! I'm not sure if I can do anything about videos not loading (I think thats just a limitation of not being directly in-browser), but I'm investigating not being able to zoom images and will aim to get it fixed!

I'm ok with not being able to view video's (I just click open in browser and then choose Youtube for the youtube links). However whenever I do that and come back to Reddita the right pane still shows the non-working youtube video, but the left pane loses my place with the links. So I have to scroll all the way back down to wherever I was (sometimes I don't remember how far I was down). Is there a way to come back to Reddita exactly like I left it?

Thanks!

Great App!

Edit: It does it if I follow any link out of Reddita

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been working on this app for a month or so after seeing the sorry state of Honeycomb ready apps, I hope you guys like it!

Screenshots http://imgur.com/a/bBA19#FbVBI
    Paid (Ad free) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leyths.reddita.pro
    Free (Ad supported) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.leyths.reddita.free

Features:

• Read all your favorite subreddits, comment on links and upvote and downvote stories.
    • Check and reply to your mail.
    • Customizable notifications to always stay on top of your messages.
    • View profiles.
    • Check your friends, send them messages and see their posts highlighted in your feed.
    • Optional detailed view, view the number of upvotes and downvotes comments and stories have received.
    • Pin your favorite subreddits for easy access
    • Save links which catch your eye and view them later.
    • Search and sort your feed.
    • Never ending reddit

I've had a lot of positive feedback and I'm in the process of ironing out most of the bugs, and all feedback is welcome!

Thanks.

mowh1.jpg
    Hey when you get the chance to investigate, the app immediately force closes when attempting to edit a comment. Is it just me, or is it a known bug?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
    This is the best designed app that I have on my xoom, period. It's simply awesome.

2 minor bugs:

1) In portrait mode on my Xoom, the refresh button overlaps one of the other elements

2) For some reason I'm missing some of my saved subreddits from the left list. After examining what's missing and what's there I think it could actually based on activity? Less active subreddits that I have saved are now shown.
    Hi, thanks for the feedback. I'm working on a bugfix update and I've fixed the overlap issue. On the second point, the app should gradually build up a list of the saved reddits every time you start the app, let me know if your reddits never show up :).

Edit: I have confirmed this is actually a bug. I will be fixing it and pushing out an update today.

Edit2: Fixed and latest version is 1.26.1.
    Bought this to encourage you to continue supporting it. Thank you.

Also I can now post comments, I dont know what changed. The not loading thing is not specific to reddita (it seems my xoom has trouble handing over between access points on the same network.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Thanks! There will be a huge update coming soon, i've got a nice chunk of time after my exam tomorrow to squash bugs and work on new features. It was possibly a bug with Reddita or maybe Reddit itself, but glad to hear it's resolved.