[ROM][Official][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

Search This thread

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
Does anyone else have issues using expanded desktop in the Currents app? It seems to not want you to hide the status bar no matter what. If you enable it from within the app it will hide the navbar only, if you have it enabled already and open Currents the status bar pops up but the navbar remains hidden. I find it strange it would do this for only the Currents app. Can anyone confirm?

eris23

Mar 6, 2006
Confirmed on my nightly. Status bar always visible.

Does anyone else have issues using expanded desktop in the Currents app? It seems to not want you to hide the status bar no matter what. If you enable it from within the app it will hide the navbar only, if you have it enabled already and open Currents the status bar pops up but the navbar remains hidden. I find it strange it would do this for only the Currents app. Can anyone confirm?

Fr33L4nc3r

Jul 29, 2011

Mine works as expected, at the exception the status bar pop when launching the App, and it disappears as soon as I leave the initial page.
Same while expanding desktop in app (status bar showing on initial page only)

Reactions: negroplasty

negroplasty

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix
Confirmed on my nightly. Status bar always visible.

Mine works as expected, at the exception the status bar pop when launching the App, and it disappears as soon as I leave the initial page.
Same while expanding desktop in app (status bar showing on initial page only)

Just noticed that... Does the same for me; when I go into the article it hides the status bar but when scrolling through the list of articles for a specific source (where it would really be nice to have the extra real estate as well) it's stuck there. Still comes back up when you back out of an article too :( . Thanks to you both for confirming.

Last edited:

Zainiak

Jul 1, 2012
Sigh? You didn't say Phone App Settings and I don't have My Phone Number under Additional Settings.
yda2avy5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I know this is off topic, but what font is that? Looks nice

jmejiaa

Nov 22, 2008
Anyone having issues with the ROM getting sluggish? Mine is usually towards the end of the day, stuff takes a while to open like notifications, navigation bar presses seem to get "stuck" and just freeze things up.

I've waited a couple of days to post this and I've been on the latest nighties on both stock kernel and Franco Kernel for more than a day each with same results..

Same apps and same usage from me as I when I was on stock ROM.

Anyone else seeing something similar? Any suggestions on what I can look at to find the culprit if it is something that only I am seeing?

Also, after a while it will actually go into expanded desktop mode and I can't come out of it, I lose my wallpaper and it won't go back to normal until I restart my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: azrash

FatalityBoyZahy

Jan 11, 2010
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
www.YouTube.com
Anyone having issues with the ROM getting sluggish? Mine is usually towards the end of the day, stuff takes a while to open like notifications, navigation bar presses seem to get "stuck" and just freeze things up.

I've waited a couple of days to post this and I've been on the latest nighties on both stock kernel and Franco Kernel for more than a day each with same results..

Anyone else seeing something similar? Any suggestions on what I can look at to find the culprit if it is something that only I am seeing?

Also, after a while it will actually go into expanded desktop mode and I can't come out of it, I lose my wallpaper and it won't go back to normal until I restart my phone.

+1
It lags when I open the status bar, switch over to quick toggles, when I try to quit the running apps, and when I'm trying to get the keyboard opened.

Reactions: azrash

warfexion

Dec 14, 2011
Wish there was some way to make focusing better and HDR render faster in camera? CM is that anything you could possibly ever be able to do in the future or is that up to google?

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk
I have no idea why, but when i turned off "force GPU rendering" performance seemed to improve and everything felt much smoother

Yes, there's a reason it's off by default, turning that on can break some apps, and in some causes cause performance issues and higher battery use.

There are a few posts out there by Google about how when optimising android to use GPU rendering a lot of it was learning when to use the GPU, and when not to, due to overhead and other such things.

Wish there was some way to make focusing better and HDR render faster in camera? CM is that anything you could possibly ever be able to do in the future or is that up to google?

Afaik on phones that natively support HDR it's upto Google, that sort of thing is normally the job of the camera hal which is generally a blob.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Nark.GA60

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Alright guys I have this issue (that I've had in every CM10+ phone). I text people a lot and sometimes messages get stuck at sending... The other party receives the messages but they don't show as though they go through. When I reboot my phone, it gives me a "messages could not be sent" error, so I have to go through and delete all the red-triangle messages or else it notifies me every time I get a text.

Is there any way to solve this? I don't think it happened on stock (but then again I was only stock for like 3 days)

Sent from my Nexus 4

jmejiaa

Nov 22, 2008
Alright guys I have this issue (that I've had in every CM10+ phone). I text people a lot and sometimes messages get stuck at sending... The other party receives the messages but they don't show as though they go through. When I reboot my phone, it gives me a "messages could not be sent" error, so I have to go through and delete all the red-triangle messages or else it notifies me every time I get a text.

Is there any way to solve this? I don't think it happened on stock (but then again I was only stock for like 3 days)

Sent from my Nexus 4

How's the service around you? That's typical behavior in areas with spotty service and would explain why you get it on every phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Contivity

Jan 8, 2008
Anaheim
lifein0and1.com

Sent from my Nexus 4

Are you sure it's not the message sending limit?
Settings -> security
then go all the way down

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

alphar

Dec 23, 2011
Greensboro

Yea I definitely get horrible lag when pressing the app toggle button. When I went back to my stock ROM this didn't happen. It seems to only happen with CM 10.1 though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Zaldi00

Feb 15, 2012
Logroño
Everything works fine here, with cm kernel, thanks devs:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

tamshiwen

Apr 12, 2011
Just noticed autofocus is gone, is anyone else experiencing this? Everything is blurry and will not focus when shooting video in stock google camera or using camera in google translate. Reflashing back to stock restores autofocus, so it's either something with cm 4.2.2 or an app I have installed that's screwing with things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

_conductor

Mar 1, 2011
Split
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing that pesky wifi/data dropping while in sleep issue. It literally makes my phone unusable since I have no connection while in sleep and it takes 10-15 seconds for it to connect after I unlock the phone. Today I found this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2072930 which contains some modifications to /system/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini. I'm curious if someone tried this and what are the developer opinions on these changes. Thanks in advance.

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just noticed autofocus is gone, is anyone else experiencing this? Everything is blurry and will not focus when shooting video in stock google camera or using camera in google translate. Reflashing back to stock restores autofocus, so it's either something with cm 4.2.2 or an app I have installed that's screwing with things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Same issue here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.1 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s).
    2. Optional: adb backup
    3. Fastboot oem unlock > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly:
    Download: link

Google Apps addon:
    Use 4.2 gapps:
    Download: link

GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

We ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc. may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and just makes for lazy users.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    GENERAL COMMENT AND REQUEST:

From now on, can we ask all the regular contributors here to please answer the "xxx is broken" or "yyy force closes" statements without an attached logcat with something like "LOGCAT or it didn't happen"

Feel free to be creative but DO NOT respond with wipe cache/clear data or any other attempted solution before the reporting user has taken the trouble to actually try to help solve the problem (e.g. by attaching a logcat, detailed steps to reproduce etc.).

We need to force more discipline in how issues are reported which will help us all find and squash bugs that may exist.

Just clearing data etc may in fact cause us to never find the bug that caused the issue and makes for lazy users.
    All,

Please remember that Nightlies are experimental builds and even though we have been lucky thus far that Nexus builds have been fairly stable, we can, and many times do (remember the GPS issue last week), break things in Nightlies.

4.2.2 just got merged this morning and the builds, even for Nexus devices, are not 100% functional yet. Give it a day or two for the device maintainers to work out the kinks and stabilise things.

Please STOP flashing bootloaders, radios, kernels and random 4.2.2 builds and wait patiently for another 24 to 48 hours for things to be sorted out. It won't kill you to wait but it might kill your device if you rush things.
    I'll get flamed for saying this, but the problem with CM is that they've become another OEM skin. The reason it takes so long for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. to update phones to a new version of Android is because of all the customizations they do. Their customizations conflict with AOSP so they have to re-integrate them. Well CM is now in the same boat. it is so highly customized that new versions of Android break their code base.

If anyone remembers when ICS came out, that was the best example of this. It took the CM team so long to port their customizations to ICS, that Jelly Bean ended up being released before CM 9 (ICS) was officially released. They did a better job with Jelly Bean, mostly because the changes to Android weren't as big.

I love CM, and it is always my ROM of choice. But they've strayed so far from their original vision of bringing AOSP to the masses. They are now just another custom OEM skin that retains the AOSP look and feel. I appreciate everything they do and love the customizations, but unfortunately it makes it harder for them to keep phones up to date.

/end rant

Unfortunately you don't know what you are talking about. CM is not, and never will be "an OEM skin".

Our 'customizations' have very little to do with how long it takes to merge a new version. There are many, many other factors that contribute, including ensuring it works well on the many, many devices we support.

Yes, its not always an easy process to bring our features over - especially when Google completely re-architects parts of the system (like lock screen in 4.2) but then if you want AOSP, why don't you just install AOSP?

Insulting the CM team is not going to make the 4.2.2 merge go any faster, in fact, it may just delay things, why should even I bother spending my personal time adding a feature to CM (like cLock or Quick reply etc.) when this is the type of response it gets?
    Re: [ROM][Official][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies for the Nexus 4 (mako)

General comment:

There are probably a few things broken in the current nightlies similar to the quiet hours issue from yesterday. It will take us a few days to check everything and fix the parts of the merge that did not quite come out right.

If you notice any old cm10.1 functionality that now no longer works quite the way it should (like the quiet hours issue) please post it here and I will look out for it.

Please don't ask us to fix things that were broken before. We need to get this build to pre-merge state first.

The rest of the month is focused on stability and bug fix in anticipation of the next M release.