WP7 Lock app ... FREE

Search This thread

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Hey guys ,

As most of you know , I work with the WP7 Android group . We are a group dedicated to bringing the WP7 ui to Android . I am hoping mods do not shut me down for *advertising* , but this is the only way we can do it and have it still be beneficial to us . This is 100% free , and should not be in violation of any XDA policies . If I am mistaken mods , let me know how i can fix it before locking me down .

A HUGE thank you goes out to everyone that took place in our promotion , but after 500 emails in just over 24hrs ... its time to go to the market .

Search WP7Lock .

WP%20Lock.png
Lock%20in%20motion.png

Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I understand that you guys want to make money and are working very hard and I appreciate that but some people (myself included) don't have any convenient way of buying things online. No credit or debit card, no PayPal, no Google checkout, etc.

I think it would help to release some of your more basic things like the lockscreen and contacts and stuff for free, full-featured, then release the more complicated stuff like launcher and music player for a price. It would bump your sales and encourage people to try your stuff more if we didn't have to jump through hoops to get a half-working version of it.

as in, you should post the apk without any features disabled on here. Easy to get and then it will attract more people than making them go sign up for something and take screenshots and emails and whatnot and still only get part of the app.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

yopete525

Oct 7, 2010
Boston
My thoughts are similar; your project is unique (think about it, there is literally no other wp7 lockscreen for android that's been widely distributed before, same with most of the rest of your apps). If you were to release the full version for free, it would undoubtedly get more downloads, generate some goodwill and get your project coverage on sites like engadget, gizmodo, droid life, etc. through user submitted tips. You wouldn't need to skew peoples incentive to send their thoughts to engadget about the project to get this stripped down and un-updatable version because a free fully featured release would create a bigger buzz, and leave both sides in a better situation.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Reactions: herwaser

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
I understand your guys thoughts about the market. And its coming. Our current purchase system is chaos, and I recognize that. When this first started, we didn't have devs in the us that Google aloud to post in the market. Its not because we didn't want to. Now that we can, we are. Its just taking extra time. This lock will be free in the market as well as the full version. We just wanted to try this for about a week. Thanks for the kind feedback though. Were working very hard.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Reactions: gigermunit

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
Just got the .apk

+ It's stylish and practical with SMS and mail count, and missed calls.
+ .apk only 61kB and once installed the app weighs only 157kB!

- 960x800 wallpaper gets crammed into 480x800 and it looks silly. Please make it so it uses the center of the wallpaper.
- if you wake the screen right after turning if off it kind of lags and shows half of the homescreen before the lockscreen falls down to it's place. Waiting 5 seconds before waking it again gives no issues at all. Purely cosmetic though.

I would easily pay 1-2€ for this if the issues are fixed in the paid version, and judging by the largely grayed out settings panel, there will be a lot of customization options available.

Last edited:

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Try not to post that you are waiting ;-) I'm on top of it ... there are literally hundreds of emails. But I'm pretty sure I have sent yours already. I'm pretty much caught up for now.

sairaku

Mar 11, 2011
City of Churches
Very slick. I like it alot. Had few issues though. It forced closed after install on my Galaxy S, rebooting my system. No problems on my Dell Streak though. Have had a couple of force close since, but no other issues. Like you said, very functional. Looking forward to full version. Keep up the awesome work! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys ,

As most of you know , I work with the WP7 Android group . We are a group dedicated to bringing the WP7 ui to Android . I am hoping mods do not shut me down for *advertising* , but this is the only way we can do it and have it still be beneficial to us . This is 100% free , and should not be in violation of any XDA policies . If I am mistaken mods , let me know how i can fix it before locking me down .

A HUGE thank you goes out to everyone that took place in our promotion , but after 500 emails in just over 24hrs ... its time to go to the market .

Search WP7Lock .

WP%20Lock.png
    Lock%20in%20motion.png
    I understand that you guys want to make money and are working very hard and I appreciate that but some people (myself included) don't have any convenient way of buying things online. No credit or debit card, no PayPal, no Google checkout, etc.

I think it would help to release some of your more basic things like the lockscreen and contacts and stuff for free, full-featured, then release the more complicated stuff like launcher and music player for a price. It would bump your sales and encourage people to try your stuff more if we didn't have to jump through hoops to get a half-working version of it.

as in, you should post the apk without any features disabled on here. Easy to get and then it will attract more people than making them go sign up for something and take screenshots and emails and whatnot and still only get part of the app.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500
    My thoughts are similar; your project is unique (think about it, there is literally no other wp7 lockscreen for android that's been widely distributed before, same with most of the rest of your apps). If you were to release the full version for free, it would undoubtedly get more downloads, generate some goodwill and get your project coverage on sites like engadget, gizmodo, droid life, etc. through user submitted tips. You wouldn't need to skew peoples incentive to send their thoughts to engadget about the project to get this stripped down and un-updatable version because a free fully featured release would create a bigger buzz, and leave both sides in a better situation.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
    I understand your guys thoughts about the market. And its coming. Our current purchase system is chaos, and I recognize that. When this first started, we didn't have devs in the us that Google aloud to post in the market. Its not because we didn't want to. Now that we can, we are. Its just taking extra time. This lock will be free in the market as well as the full version. We just wanted to try this for about a week. Thanks for the kind feedback though. Were working very hard.

Check your mail :) I'm up to date on all my emails finally ...