★ [Rom][I545VRUAME7][4.2.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [07/09/13]★

Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.2.2 I545VRUAME7

Requirements: You must have a LOKI recovery installed. easiest way todo this is download the goo manager app in the play store and use the install recovery script in the settings menu

Features:
Rooted
insecure boot.img
BusyBox
Zipaligned
Deodexed
Removed Cd installer
Init.d support
Bash
Nano
adb as root

Odex Download:

md5: a53a59ae4f8b6777f1c0b88a1d84c920

DeOdex Download: uploading

md5:

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon

If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
djrbliss - for the loki method
Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
ChainFire - for superSU
JoderMe- for the New Tar aka Update

Last edited:

naturalstamina

Nov 12, 2011
so this is like updating to the new OTA, but it keeps root correct?

and all the bloat just like mine currently is?

i only rooted last night, but didnt ROM yet, was considering which way to go.

mademan420

Feb 22, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Correct but the ota also included things like new firmware, radio, etc.... I think Beans is in the process of packaging these for us as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yubby

Apr 26, 2010
When I flash this ROM can I downgrade back to original rooted rom if I need to without losing root?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA

yes, correct it will keep root and keep the aboot on the vulnerable one compatible with loki'd kernels and recoverys

Thanks, I will wait for firmware, radio update. Although I do not have issues with reception where i am yet.
u still will need to flash the firmware because of dependencys without it wifi and camera wont work
did they post a changelog yet for this? i know it has that knox crap and apps to sd.
not that i know of
When I flash this ROM can I downgrade back to original rooted rom if I need to without losing root?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
yes, just never ever take an ota update

uploading now sorry for the delay had too make sure the firmware package fixed everything

sporty377

May 25, 2011
So flash this and then flash the firmware package?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I have the utmost respect for you beans, but it drives me crazy when you start a thread hours before your dl links go live :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

naturalstamina

Nov 12, 2011
any way to find out specifics of the firmware updates and changes?

Does it matter if i flash this before going to another ROM, or does the ROM just wipe everything?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.2.2 I545VRUAME7

Requirements: You must have a LOKI recovery installed. easiest way todo this is download the goo manager app in the play store and use the install recovery script in the settings menu

Features:
    Rooted
    insecure boot.img
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    Removed Cd installer
    Init.d support
    Bash
    Nano
    adb as root

Odex Download:

md5: a53a59ae4f8b6777f1c0b88a1d84c920

DeOdex Download: uploading

md5:

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon

If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    djrbliss - for the loki method
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU
    JoderMe- for the New Tar aka Update
    odex is up but i suggest not flashing it yet until updating the firmware can be confirmed working the right way, i think there is new security that technically bricks you when you are using the old aboot with the new firmware :/ right now i have a paperweight of an s4 dont get me wrong this rom is 100% working but we need the new firmware for wifi and camera to work right. so this will stay here until something happens

the firmware did fix everything but when i rebooted i was left with a non booting device no recovery, no odin, no anything this is what concludes me to think some kind of checks are in place to make sure ur running the new bootloader as well
    I have the utmost respect for you beans, but it drives me crazy when you start a thread hours before your dl links go live :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Dude chill out he says above he had to make sure firmware fixed everything and sorry about the delay. I don't think beans is getting paid to release this by a certain time.

He is trying to make sure it is right so people don't come right back saying they have issues with this and that and he has to come back and make another zip. What does everybody always say? Do it right the first time. Give the guy a break

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok so I read this and re read this and I'm about to fall out of my chair.....

I'm on MDK firmware and wanted to upgrade to the newest firmware for the apps to sd card feature. Currently I use folder mount to push the data to my sd card, but still want the actual app on the sd card...

Anyways, so this flashable rom has no issues with the wifi? I've ready that people have issues with wifi not working at all. since i don't have an unlimited data plan anymore, wifi is essential.

So this version allows for bootloader to remain unlocked and still retain root? I can install google wallet and multi window mod and every other one of my favorites apps and mods? Is this too good to be true?

Since you are rooted on MDK firmware and with custom recovery you can flash custom ROMs.
    This is a custom ROM built off of the ME7 OTA update.
    This will automatically update your Modem (aka radio) - (you can't get on the ME7 firmware unless you want to lose the custom recovery and option to flash ROMs)
    This ME7 ROM uses the MDK kernel because since we are rooted using the "LOKI" method, we have to use "LOKI-ed" kernels.
    Since we are unable to "LOKI" the ME7 kernel we are able to just use the already useable MDK kernel.
    So. What does this all mean?
    You are able to run the new ME7 OTA ROM because huge thanks to gatesjunior who was the one who gave us this awesome opportunity.
    What is different that taking the OTA update compared to this ROM?
    well, for one, you get to keep your root + recovery and able to flash custom ROMs.
    If you took the update, as I'm sure you are aware, you lost this ability (NEVER TAKE AN OTA!!)
    The only things that don't work are, PIP (Picture In Picture) and Smart View.
    but darkslide thread has a link to a custom kernel that fixes that.
    check out that thread.

I hope this now makes sense.
    If not let me know I will try and explain better.
    (can move the convo over to my thread too now.)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397313
    no current way of upgrading firmware yet stay on dk base until there is :(