[REVIEW] OTAO 0.33mm 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

con4n007

Jan 1, 2014
Hi,

Want to do short review about OTAO tempered glass... I gave this a try because I read some bad reviews on Nillkin Tempered Glass...
I bought this on Aliexpress.com
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OTAO...LG-Nexus-5-with-free-shipping/1575998889.html
it was sent From China with tracking number and arrived in South East Asia country within 14 days. Pretty impressed!

Good thing about this OTAO is every instruction is written in English.
Love the packaging, looks cutting-edge.

This is What you will get inside the packaging
1 x Grey Microfiber Clothes
1 x Transparent Tempered Glass Screen Protector
1 x Blue Sticker (not sure what this is?)
1 x Small Transparent sticker (not sure what this is?)
1 x Cleaning Bag
2 x Paper pouch bag

I followed the exact direction and also did read the nillkin thread how to apply the glass before applying it on my Nexus 5.
unfortunately I got what you called spider-webs / bubbles on the top left and Bottom right on the phone.
What surprised me is the bottom right corner also has 2 small cracks, about 1-3mm. Cant really see the cracks because I use the Case.
I probably got the bad batches....

I took a pic from my old Blackberry and iPod so it might be blur for some people.

Am now using it with Diztronic Voyeur Case and it doesnt push the screen :good:

Attachments

• IMG_20140203_013357.jpg
    IMG_20140203_013357.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,563
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 1,358

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
That's probably exactly the same as the Nillkin one. Often these companies buy products from the same manufacturer and rebrand them as their own. I have the Nillkin and it looks the same (cut outside etc)

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

cliff p

Oct 4, 2011
Seoul
What I find VERY interesting, is that my TechPro tempered glass protector has the exact same defect at the bottom of the phone as yours.

I would guarantee they are likely one in the same, as far as manufacturer. Cut outs look the same as well for the camera, microphone, and ambient light sensor.

Nocturnal86

Jul 22, 2012
Los Angeles
What I find VERY interesting, is that my TechPro tempered glass protector has the exact same defect at the bottom of the phone as yours.

I would guarantee they are likely one in the same, as far as manufacturer. Cut outs look the same as well for the camera, microphone, and ambient light sensor.

The glass isnt defective its the Nexus 5 glass it isnt perfectly flat in that area..

cliff p

Oct 4, 2011
Seoul
The glass isnt defective its the Nexus 5 glass it isnt perfectly flat in that area..

I found this out shortly after I had posted, and forgot to come back and edit. :)

I'm getting a bit more used to the lack of adhesion of that area, but it still bugs me. It's no longer just in that area, but at the top left and right corners of the phone, as well as in the center just above the USB port.

They look more like spiderwebs in those areas though.

Stanlehh

Apr 28, 2011
I found this out shortly after I had posted, and forgot to come back and edit. :)

I'm getting a bit more used to the lack of adhesion of that area, but it still bugs me. It's no longer just in that area, but at the top left and right corners of the phone, as well as in the center just above the USB port.

use binder clips at those spots with spiderwebs, helps with those stubborn ones.

Reactions: cliff p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

use binder clips at those spots with spiderwebs, helps with those stubborn ones.