reboot to recovery no command error

Search This thread

ericizzy1

Apr 28, 2006
im on rooted 4.4, all works fine but the exchange,, trying to replace the email 4.4.2 apk, so my eschange will work, when i try to boot into recovery, i get "no command error"
can anyone plese help?

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
im on rooted 4.4, all works fine but the exchange,, trying to replace the email 4.4.2 apk, so my eschange will work, when i try to boot into recovery, i get "no command error"
can anyone plese help?

what are you using to reboot into recovery?
here's the failsafe way to access recovery:
power off the phone, press and hold volume down + power for a few seconds then release to access bootloader menu. press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it.

ericizzy1

Apr 28, 2006
what are you using to reboot into recovery?
here's the failsafe way to access recovery:
power off the phone, press and hold volume down + power for a few seconds then release to access bootloader menu. press volume down to highlight recovery, then volume up to select it.

thats exactly what i did and still got the error. even tried with adb, no luck

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
thats exactly what i did and still got the error. even tried with adb, no luck

strange, are you unlocked and using twrp/cwm or locked and using slapmymoto? if you're unlocked, i'd recommend reflashing twrp/cwm recovery image, sounds like it may be corrupt. if you're locked, i can't help as i haven't messed with any of the locked device stuff.

ericizzy1

Apr 28, 2006
im on a locked device, used slapmymoto, thanks for trying,can anyone else help?

Last edited:

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
Why do you need to be in recovery. You should have write protect off already. If you are trying to flash something you can't without safestrap and the zip needs yo be made for safestrap. Just manually move the emails and change the permissions

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

jniklast

Nov 14, 2013
Press Power + Volume Up at the same time when it shows "no command" (And if that doesn't work try Power + Volume Down ;) )

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
If the button presses while rebooting to get to where you can select recovery doesn't work... You could try Quick Reboot -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot to reboot into recovery, or open a command prompt on your PC.. and issue the command.. adb reboot bootloader then pick recovery from there.. If those ways also error with that same message you are seeing now, then your phone doesn't has a problem with its recovery partition.

As others have said, if you are rooted with Write Protection disabled (SlapMyMoto v1 thread tells you to run MotoWPNoMo first, to disable write protection, then follow its process), you should be able to go in, rename the old APK, and replace it with the new one (and set the attributes the same) without needing to be in recovery.

Then again, if you rooted with SlapMyMoto .5 (before the MotoWPNoMo was available), or you never did the MotoWPNoMo process that would explain why you want recovery... you're trying to boot to "recovery" so that you can boot with the Write Protection disabled so you can make this change.

Last edited:

apm_

Aug 31, 2010

1. Power off your Moto X
  2. Next, boot into bootloader mode by holding Volume Down and Power
  3. At the bootloader screen, use Volume Down and scroll to Recovery, then press Volume Up to select it
  4. Once you rebooted into recovery mode you will see No Command. Hold Volume Up and press Power to show the recovery menu

Reactions: jayantbh

jayantbh

Sep 17, 2011
Kolkata
  1. Power off your Moto X
  3. At the bootloader screen, use Volume Down and scroll to Recovery, then press Volume Up to select it
  4. Once you rebooted into recovery mode you will see No Command. Hold Volume Up and press Power to show the recovery menu
That almost didn't work for me, till it did.

I was holding down volume up first, and about half a second to a second later the power button (while not having released volume up button). That didn't work.

I pressed both buttons exactly together, and it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Power off your Moto X