[ROM] Stock 9.4.2.15 for Unlocked Bootloaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theeggman

Jan 17, 2012
I am up and running on this ROM without wiping.
Thanks for getting this out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

manso1102

Jan 6, 2009
Miami, FL
If you have flashed this, please post and confirm that it installed the ROM and kernel fine for you.

Thanks!

Just flashed it here is my screenshot. Everything great so far :) only wiped caches

-Transformer Prime-

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330287042223.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330287042223.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 250

airbillion

Jan 2, 2008
Flashed fine for me too, Thanks. However, under settings...accounts & sync always causes settings to FC. Any ideas why this would happen? I wiped in CWM before I flashed so it is a fresh install.

manso1102

Jan 6, 2009
Miami, FL
Flashed fine for me too, Thanks. However, under settings...accounts & sync always causes settings to FC. Any ideas why this would happen? I wiped in CWM before I flashed so it is a fresh install.

Just noticed that too. I did not perform full wipe however but it looks like it doesn't matter since you're having the same problem.

-Transformer Prime-

manso1102

Jan 6, 2009
Miami, FL
That looks nice! I'm surprised that the theme works since this rom isn't deodexed. Thanks for the info.

I was surprised too. But it does seem to work perfectly. Here is a screenie of the blacked out notification area which looks awesome compared to stock.

-Transformer Prime-

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330289451219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330289451219.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Flashed the patch, and now my Prime is stuck in the boot animation. Don't know what to do. Tried rebooting by holding the power button, but it doesn't help.

Ok. I'll check the patch and take the link down temporarily. To get out of your loop, hold down the power button until it reboots. As soon as it vibrates for the reboot, hold the Volume down button until the white text comes up. Then hit Volume up to go into recovery. You can flash the rom again from there.

Reactions: cyiam40

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Flashed the patch, and now my Prime is stuck in the boot animation. Don't know what to do. Tried rebooting by holding the power button, but it doesn't help.

I just looked through the patch again and I can't see any way that it would cause you a loop. Is it possible that you flashed the wrong zip?

EDIT: I just tried flashing the patch, even though I already manually installed the files. It looped me too. :( I got out of the loop the same way I told you to. I'll figure out what the heck the problem is and fix it.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Did you wipe? I did and TiBu worked perfectly.

Yes I wiped everything. TiBu asks me to reinstall su permissions but when I tried to flash the su zip through recovery, it says:
E: Error in /sdcard/Download/*Su package.zip
I'm going to try reflashing the rom.
Edit: TiBu is working but some others are not. I will try reflashing AGAIN and see if that helps.

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yes I wiped everything. TiBu asks me to reinstall su permissions but when I tried to flash the su zip through recovery, it says:
E: Error in /sdcard/Download/*Su package.zip
I'm going to try reflashing the rom.
Edit: TiBu is working but some others are not. I will try reflashing AGAIN and see if that helps.

Ok. Let me know.

Everyone: Do NOT flash the patch for Accounts & Sync if you haven't already. I'm just going to add the files back into the rom, flash to test it and re-upload the whole thing. I have no clue why extracting 2 files to /system/app is causing an issue when I've done this hundreds of times. I'll update when it's uploaded which will probably take a while on my slow connection.

If you flashed the patch and are bootlooping, do this to get out of it:

• Hold down the power button until it reboots.
  • As soon as it vibrates for the reboot, hold the Volume down button until the white text comes up.
  • Then hit Volume up to go into recovery. You can flash the rom again from there.

EDIT: Just verified that reflashing the rom resolves the loop. Uploading now.

Last edited:
Reactions: manso1102

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Ok. Let me know.

Everyone: Do NOT flash the patch for Accounts & Sync if you haven't already. I'm just going to add the files back into the rom, flash to test it and re-upload the whole thing. I have no clue why extracting 2 files to /system/app is causing an issue when I've done this hundreds of times. I'll update when it's uploaded which will probably take a while on my slow connection.

If you flashed the patch and are bootlooping, do this to get out of it:

• Hold down the power button until it reboots.
  • As soon as it vibrates for the reboot, hold the Volume down button until the white text comes up.
  • Then hit Volume up to go into recovery. You can flash the rom again from there.

EDIT: Just verified that reflashing the rom resolves the loop. Uploading now.

Rebooting...
Setting up...
No dice. Going to change some permissions and see.
Edit: Still nothing. I'm going to check out virtuous prime beta1 which had working su for me.
Edit: I'm now going to try terminal emulator with chmod.
Edit: SU is now denying terminal emulator.
Edit: Just extracted SU. Does anyone know what the meta-inf files are?
Edit: Going to try forcing SU into /system/bin folder. See if that works.

Last edited:

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Rebooting...
Setting up...
No dice. Going to change some permissions and see.
Edit: Still nothing. I'm going to check out virtuous prime beta1 which had working su for me.
Edit: I'm now going to try terminal emulator with chmod.
Edit: SU is now denying terminal emulator.

How are you wiping? Wipe data / factory reset? I don't know why it's not working for you. Diamond is uploading his beta 2 now.

Edit: Just verified that su is working perfectly for me in TiBu and terminal emulator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After some hours of learning the Asus blob system, I have finally got the latest OTA packaged properly.

Thanks to the Virtuous Team for their updater-script that I started with.

If you download this, please click "thanks" for the chances I took on bricking my device to make this for us.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device due to flashing this.

That said, I am writing this post on my prime which is running this firmware and working well.

screenshot2012022612090.jpg

This ROM is completely stock 9.4.2.15 except for:

• Rooted
    • Insecure Boot.img (Allows the system to be mounted writable)
    • ADB debugging enabled (Allows running logcat if needed)

Instructions

• Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
    • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
    • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
    • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
    • Make a backup of your current ROM
    • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (Optional but highly recommended)
    • Then flash the rom zip as usual
    • Then flash the Accounts & Sync fix zip as usual

Download

9.4.2.15 Full Rom
    MD5: e1af5c2386fcf972b238a94fac291cad
    Hey,
    once we got some successful kernel flash reports, do you mind if I take a look at your updater-script for the kernel thing?

No, I don't mind at all.
    I have some bugs to work out before I post it, but.... this is what I'm working on:

screenshot2012022719050.png

:)
    Reserved for me...
    If it is real stock Asus go Settings>Asus parameters and you'll see screenshot option. It seems Asus has removed standard ICS screenshot (Vol Down + Power)

On my stock rom (which I borked) I would just hold down the recent apps button.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium