[ROM][CM 10.1]Samsung Galaxy Music (GT-S6010/L/12)

What should I do

• Fix the remaining bugs of cm 10.1

Votes: 40 50.6%
  • Start building cm 11

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Start building OmniRom 4.4

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Build cm 11 and omni 4.4

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

So thanks to a lot of help from dhinesh77 managed to build CM for the Galaxy Music. It is almost stable, it is your choice if you use it for daily use or not (bugs below). Since it is almost stable it will be an RC release.

Thanks to:
-Cyanogenmod Team for this awesome rom
-Big thanks to dhinesh77
-pawitp's patches
-xda forum
-If someone is missing please tell me

Patches
Patch to device/common for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5411720.
Patch to hardware/libhardware for microphone to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5449660
Patch to packages/app/Camera for antibanding settings: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5450415
Patch to frameworks/native as a temporary workaround for hwc issue: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/6884849

Bugs
This are the most important bugs and the one I know so far:
-Bluetooth can only send files when it is recently turned on
-FM Radio

Requirements
You must have the CWM for the galaxy music, or TWRP
Also you must install cm over stock JB 4.1.X, installing from ICS 4.0.X will cause issues

Note: If after installing you have some problems about a pin unlock, try installing from a stock rom of another country
Install instructions
-Make a backup first just in case
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Flash CM 10.1 for galaxy music
-Flash gapps. Link here

NOTE: If you are upgrading from a previous version of CM 10.1 you can just install it without wiping and keep your data

Download links
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!pRozCKia!obKoovyZ-rOJKOAqzqP7S091FCu007GKSITQ6qEIzwc
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4cm1aum4m1strj/CM 10.1 ivoryss RC 8.1.zip?dl=0

Note
For those with the Galaxy Music Duos (GT-S6012) probably you will need to edit the updater-script in /META-INF/com/google/android/ and make it to match the device's name in your build.prop (it could be "ivoryss", "ivory" or "ivoryssxx". However, most of the cases this change isn't necessary

NOTE: Dual sim function won't work on the duos variant, only on cm 11 releases will work

Changelog
RC 8.1
-Add KSM (can be enabled on perfomance settings) Also I think in cm 10.1 doesn't bring unestablity issues as on cm 11
-Add CIFS module
-More compressed kernel
-Remove more vendor blobs
RC 8
-Removed some unused vendor blobs
-Removed multiuser
-Allowed lower brightness (I think :silly:)
-Added Volume Rocker Wake
-use open source audio_policy (fixes no sound on online calls)
-other small changes...
RC 7
-Add overclock (thanks to dhinesh corsica kernell)
-Add Multiuser support

RC6
-Fixed Offline Charging animation

RC5
-Fixed MTP
-More features to kernel
*InteractiveX governor added
*zen IO scheduler added

RC4
-Added new media_profiles.xml fixing video recording
-New features to the kernel
*Added to new governors (smartassv2 and lulzactive)
*Enabled interactive governor on the kernel
*Added two new I/O schedulers (SIO and ROW)

RC3
-New compiled build
-Fixed kernel source to work both wifi and calls
-Cleaned layout (removed torch toggle since there is no torch on Galaxy Music and removed other files)

RC2
-Replaced kernel with stock
*Fixes reboot call bug
*Wi-fi did not work anymore

RC1
-Initial realease

Source
Device tree: https://github.com/Alonso1398/android_device_samsung_ivoryss
Kernel source: https://github.com/Alonso1398/muZic_kernel_ivoryss

If you want to redistribute it (e.g. a youtube video) give proper credits, post the link to this thread and don't use things like adfly

If you are looking for newer CM versions:
-CM 11.0
-CM 12.1

Also, if you really felt grateful for my work, you can donate to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-49-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-49-55.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,467
  • Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-51-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-51-52.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 4,081
  • Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-55-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-55-45.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 4,173
  • Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-56-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-06-23-56-45.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 4,451
  • Screenshot_2014-08-30-15-35-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-30-15-35-38.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 3,855
  • Screenshot_2014-09-08-21-03-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-08-21-03-47.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 3,807
Last edited:

siddarthsmallya

Jul 1, 2013
OnePlus 6
So thanks to a lot of help from dhinesh77 managed to build CM for the Galaxy Music. It is almost stable, it is your choice if you use it for daily use or not (bugs below). Since it is almost stable it will be an RC release.

Thanks to:
-Big thanks to dhinesh77
-pawitp's patches
-xda forum

Bugs
-Phone reboots by itself with incoming or outcoming calls (with incoming, the call will last like 3 seconds)
-The camera app closes when you select the video recorder

Requirements
You must have the CWM for the galaxy music, NOT TWRP. Post here

Install instructions
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe Cache
-Wipe Dalvik Cache on advanced
-Flash gapps. Link here

Download link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6m01xh1yo6au79/CM 10.1 ivoryss RC 1.zip

Also if someone can help me fixing the remaining bugs, that would be great. Phone call logcat and camera logcat

Note
For those with the Galaxy Music Duos (GT-S6012) probably you will need to edit the updater-script in /META-INF/com/google/android/ and change "ivoryss" for "ivory". I hope that's enough for making it to work on the duos variant

Thats great..thank you for your hard work . But how can we use it when the most important function of a phone doesnt work ?? :':)'(

Sent from my GT-S6012 using XDA Free mobile app

9441Rahul9441

Aug 31, 2013

Thanks to:
-Big thanks to dhinesh77
-pawitp's patches
-xda forum

Bugs
-Phone reboots by itself with incoming or outcoming calls (with incoming, the call will last like 3 seconds)
-The camera app closes when you select the video recorder

Requirements
You must have the CWM for the galaxy music, NOT TWRP. Post here

Install instructions
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe Cache
-Wipe Dalvik Cache on advanced
-Flash gapps. Link here

Download link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6m01xh1yo6au79/CM 10.1 ivoryss RC 1.zip

Also if someone can help me fixing the remaining bugs, that would be great. Phone call logcat and camera logcat

Note
For those with the Galaxy Music Duos (GT-S6012) probably you will need to edit the updater-script in /META-INF/com/google/android/ and change "ivoryss" for "ivory". I hope that's enough for making it to work on the duos variant

Sorry i dont have that much knowledge in coding i m studying 9th class and age is 14 y.o. so...sorry but i wanted to help u

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Sorry i dont have that much knowledge in coding i m studying 9th class and age is 14 y.o. so...sorry but i wanted to help u

And i am a commerce student ..have no idea of coding

That's ok, I'm a student of 10th grade and 16 years old, and I don't know too much about coding too, will try to find a way of fixing at least the call bug

Reactions: rahimali

9441Rahul9441

Aug 31, 2013
Wowwwwwwwwww too good man. Then how u managed to do this with out having much knowledge !!!

Too Good :-0

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

That's ok, I'm a student of 10th grade and 16 years old, and I don't know too much about coding too, will try to find a way of fixing at least the call bug

Thats Great bro

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Googled for camera bugs in rom..
its something related to lib files

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Wowwwwwwwwww too good man. Then how u managed to do this with out having much knowledge !!!

Too Good :-0

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Thats Great bro

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Googled for camera bugs in rom..
its something related to lib files
I looked to a lot of guides of how to build cm and dhinesh77's device tree helped me a lot fixing bugs and coding was not needed for fixing that, it was mostly fixed with patches or missing libs.
Also tried to recover all lib and bin files from stock rom but that didn't fixed the last two bugs so will have to find other way
And I'm going to be out of home next week so please be patient if I take too much time fixing the bugs

Enviado desde mi MW0711 mediante Tapatalk

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Hello any progress???

sadly not so much, I've been busy lately, just discovered the call problem was not related to proximity sensor at all, it's somehow related to sound, because if I make the sound no to work, the calls won't reboot the phone but of course, having no sound is worse :p

rahimali

sadly not so much, I've been busy lately, just discovered the call problem was not related to proximity sensor at all, it's somehow related to sound, because if I make the sound no to work, the calls won't reboot the phone but of course, having no sound is worse :p

@Alonso1398, any progress likely on this project in the near/far future?

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013

I'm sorry, I've been absent for a very long time trying to fix that reboot call bug, and guess what? All time was the kernel :( I couldn't believe it was so easy to fix, so, now will update the first post with the link of the next release and will try to fix videorecording, please report if it works on third party apps
And sorry about those PM that didn't answered, I don't too much time and again will going to have exams

Edit: Dammit, now I think wifi is not working:mad:

Edit2: OK, new RC3 build with call and wifi working, download link at first post

What's next? I'm going to try to fix videorecorder and also may try to add new features to the kernel (governors and I/O schedulers)
Also maybe will try to fix mtp

Last edited:

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Nice new release

Ok, just added to the first post the new RC 4 fixing video recording and adding some nice new features to the kernel.
I hope it works to you ;)

Ashwani890

Mar 23, 2014
Varanasi
Auto reboots on duos varient (ivory) !

Its not working on Samsung Galaxy Music Duos..after editing (updator script) and installing..it automaticly reboots by pressing any key!
#Alonso1398 can you give a method to run it on Galaxy Music Duos ivory..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Thanks to:
    -Big thanks to dhinesh77
    -pawitp's patches
    -xda forum

Patches
    Patch to device/common for bluetooth to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5411720.
    Patch to hardware/libhardware for microphone to work: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5449660
    Patch to packages/app/Camera for antibanding settings: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/5450415
    Patch to frameworks/native as a temporary workaround for hwc issue: https://gist.github.com/pawitp/6884849

Bugs
    -Bluetooth can only send files when it is recently turned on
    -FM Radio

Requirements
    You must have the CWM for the galaxy music, or TWRP
    Also you must install cm over stock JB 4.1.X, installing from ICS 4.0.X will cause issues

Note: If after installing you have some problems about a pin unlock, try installing from a stock rom of another country
    Install instructions
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Flash gapps. Link here

NOTE: If you are upgrading from a previous version of CM 10.1 you can just install it without wiping and keep your data

Download links
    MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!pRozCKia!obKoovyZ-rOJKOAqzqP7S091FCu007GKSITQ6qEIzwc
    Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4cm1aum4m1strj/CM 10.1 ivoryss RC 8.1.zip?dl=0

Note
    For those with the Galaxy Music Duos (GT-S6012) probably you will need to edit the updater-script in /META-INF/com/google/android/ and make it to match the device's name in your build.prop (it could be "ivoryss", "ivory" or "ivoryssxx". However, most of the cases this change isn't necessary

NOTE: Dual sim function won't work on the duos variant, only on cm 11 releases will work

Changelog
    RC 8.1
    -Add KSM (can be enabled on perfomance settings) Also I think in cm 10.1 doesn't bring unestablity issues as on cm 11
    -Add CIFS module
    -More compressed kernel
    -Remove more vendor blobs
    RC 8
    -Removed some unused vendor blobs
    -Removed multiuser
    -Allowed lower brightness (I think :silly:)
    -Added Volume Rocker Wake
    -use open source audio_policy (fixes no sound on online calls)
    -other small changes...
    RC 7
    -Add overclock (thanks to dhinesh corsica kernell)
    -Add Multiuser support

RC6
    -Fixed Offline Charging animation

RC5
    -Fixed MTP
    -More features to kernel
    *InteractiveX governor added
    *zen IO scheduler added

RC4
    -Added new media_profiles.xml fixing video recording
    -New features to the kernel
    *Added to new governors (smartassv2 and lulzactive)
    *Enabled interactive governor on the kernel
    *Added two new I/O schedulers (SIO and ROW)

RC3
    -New compiled build
    -Fixed kernel source to work both wifi and calls
    -Cleaned layout (removed torch toggle since there is no torch on Galaxy Music and removed other files)

RC2
    -Replaced kernel with stock
    *Fixes reboot call bug
    *Wi-fi did not work anymore

RC1
    -Initial realease

Source
    Device tree: https://github.com/Alonso1398/android_device_samsung_ivoryss
    Kernel source: https://github.com/Alonso1398/muZic_kernel_ivoryss

If you want to redistribute it (e.g. a youtube video) give proper credits, post the link to this thread and don't use things like adfly

If you are looking for newer CM versions:
    -CM 11.0
    -CM 12.1

Also, if you really felt grateful for my work, you can donate to me.

I'm sorry, I've been absent for a very long time trying to fix that reboot call bug, and guess what? All time was the kernel :( I couldn't believe it was so easy to fix, so, now will update the first post with the link of the next release and will try to fix videorecording, please report if it works on third party apps
    And sorry about those PM that didn't answered, I don't too much time and again will going to have exams

Edit: Dammit, now I think wifi is not working:mad:

Edit2: OK, new RC3 build with call and wifi working, download link at first post

What's next? I'm going to try to fix videorecorder and also may try to add new features to the kernel (governors and I/O schedulers)
    Also maybe will try to fix mtp
    Oh..
    Although c
    xposed has its plus..
    Anyways Another major problem is the font DPI in games it is blurry in games like PES2011, PES2012 and Clash Of Clans..
    What can I do here??

I'm sorry, from those games I've played Clash of Clans and I think the problem is our small screen :rolleyes: Also tried to see if something could help but was unable to fix it. I suppose that's why it doesn't appear for our phones on the Play Store

Also:D today I'm releasing 3 releases as a christmas gift lol RC 8 of cm 10.1, beta 1 of cm 11.0 (I think it can be used now for daily use) and a new rom based on cm 11 that it's named NamelessRom. It caught my attention because it had features of cm, omnirom and some of their own, however, I had problems about multisim with it:rolleyes:. Merry Chistmas in advance
    I was guessing the problem is in built prop because it is absolutly diffrent in both varient. And I've eddited it and then flash the rom but of no use.I think for making it work in Duos varient , should be from source because the boot image loded the rom perfectly .And the setup of cynogen mod opens. But after that when I tuch the 'Next' key it hangs for 2-3 sec. And reboots.I tried it again and It reboots again.

Hmm that's pretty weird, both devices are pretty similar, but did you installed from ics stock or jb stock?

Also discovered that bluetooth only works for sending files when it is recently turned on so, if you are going to send something, turn it on until the phone asks it...

And there is a new RC 5 build that has MTP fixed, a new governor and IO scheduler
    Hello any progress???