[Q]ROM Manager default location?

Search This thread

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Is there a way to get ROM MANGER to default to the Internal "SD" card for backups? It always goes to my external card.

I know I can manually launch clockworkmod and select "internal SD" but I would rather do it from within the O/S so I can name the files.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
you can always rename the files however you like with any file editor to rename them

and you can move the zip files around to either Internal SD or External SD

personally i like them on the External SD better to safe space on my Internal SD

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
I do that but like the convenience of doing it from the O/S. I thought I preferred the external as well until yesterday. The reason I want to do that is because when I tried doing a restore from the external it kept crashing. Seems my 32GIG card is flaky (as these cards can be) and I couldn't restore. I know it's the card because it restored fine from the internal SD. The internal ram, not being a "card" is much more reliable and now I am too skittish to use the external MicroSd for backups.

jangst123

Dec 18, 2010
Bucks County, PA
www.allformailers.com
I think I'm missing something!?
It looks like it's included already?
uploadfromtaptalk1323727860807.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: MisterEdF

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
^^^^^^

Well I'll be a son of a b .......... I tried MENU everywhere except from the main screen! Dohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Thanks for making me look foolish, I deserved it! :p But I don't feel that bad since Allgamer didn't recall either, :D

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
not exactly, i was thinking more in the area of Letting you select a Folder you like.

i do know of the internal vs. external option

that's why i said i like it to be on the external by default a few messages above

ideally we should be able to pick a folder to keep all that stuff, i'll like to point it to a folder called "ROMs" for example in the root of /sdcard/

instead of the default

(titanium backup just recently added that feature, well more like they improved it)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I'm missing something!?
    It looks like it's included already?
    uploadfromtaptalk1323727860807.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium