[APP]Linux Autoloader v0.9.6.1[BETA]

Search This thread

z3nful

Jan 22, 2011
Phoenix
www.hookupcellular.com
-This app REQUIRES a rooted device AND busybox installed-

Welcome to Linux AutoLoader (LinLoad for short), the tool for COMPLETE Linux management within your Android
Device through chroot. This app allows you to mount, log in, and manage ANY full Linux system on your Android
Smartphone or Tablet. You can load from either a SDCard partition or from a filesystem image on your
device.

This app comes with built in support for swap usage, transportable and interchange-able home directories, as well
as advanced error management and recovery. This app will tell you what went right, what went wrong, and even has
suggestions on fixing the rare bugs that may come up.

The Profile System allows you to set default settings for different images. Name your system so its easy to keep track of which one is mounted, set default user, home directories, sdcard use, and even automatically clear the VNC locks, without the need to run scripts or type out commands.

The Control Panel allows you to boot straight into the Linux System terminal, start VNC with one click, update different system files, or load in your home directory. A notification service also starts when Linux is detected as mounted, allowing quick access to the Linux Control Panel.

APP Features
--------------
- Built-in automatic VNC screen size setting, detects proper screen to set for ANY device
- Detects difference in Internal Storage and External storage for devices built for
- The ONLY Linux boot utility to properly detect an dedicated ext2/4 partition on your SDCard
- Provides a Profile system to help manage settinhs across multiple Images and partitions
- Runs ALL ARM-based Images and filesystems
- Various How-To's found in the "How do I...?" section

Control Panel Features
--------------
- Links three different designated Android Terminal windows for ease-of-use:
-- Normal Terminal
-- Terminal window deficated to VNC commands
-- Terminal window for system commands and management
- Start VNC, clear all VNC locks left over from previous runs, and (soon) open your favorite VNC app directly from Linux Autoloader
- Connect through SSH using ConnectBot, or through the Android Terminal using chroot
- Keep all your documents inside a seperate home image (EXT4 supported needed) for easier transportability across any system (Android or Linux)
- Mount a swap file for increased stability
- Keep the file system fstab updated with just one click
- Manage services found in /etc/init.d

Keywords:
Backtrack, ArchLinux, Fedora, Gentoo, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu,

Full Changelog can be found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27074347

Last edited:

z3nful

Jan 22, 2011
Phoenix
www.hookupcellular.com
CHANGELOG

V0.9.6.1
- ConnectBot Support added
- More external storage device configurations detected (/storage/sdcard1)
- External Sdcards accesible through "Boot Image"
- Home and Swap mounting greatly improved
- Fixed random Control Panel crash
- Links 3 terminals through chroot to allow easier tracking of command output:
--Terminal
--VNC
--System

V0.9.5.3

- Fixed Random crash on opening the Control panel from Notification
- If a File Manager is not installed, app will ask you to install one\n- Code tweaks to increase mounting speed
- Insured ll.config is placed as it should be

V0.9.5.2
- Boot Default and Partition properly update screen
- Warnings about needing Android Terminal Emulator to run VNC and Start Terminal
- Quick Start guide now runs first time the app is opened
- "Whats Updated" Dialog added
- Updated Boot Default selection
- Bug-fixes

v0.9.5.1
- Quick Start guide added
- Boot Default image now askes which image to set as default
- Bug-fixes

V0.9.5
- Profiles added - Adds numerous default settings to Linux system images
- Fixed indexOutOfBounds errors (mostly, one still eludes me)
- tutorial coming soon!

V0.9.4 - Major update
- now includes a service to let you know you have something mounted
- Base framework improved
- App logging greatly improved
- settings now contain common export variables, including hostname, user, home, and designating a display number to run applications through the terminal to start GUI programs
- app bitmaps improved
- Numerous bug-fixes

v0.9.3
- Improved mounting methods
- Detect file system by extension working

v0.9.2

-Technically BETA-
-upgraded UI
- Added Linux control panel
- improved mounting methods
- improved swap method
-option to clear vnc locks and update fstab
- automatic VNC geometry setting
- set fs type by extension for images -still very buggy-

Last edited:
Reactions: DJBhardwaj

ericdevet

Aug 16, 2007
It's ridiculous that i HAVE to buy it to test it (Beta).
Although it is only a small amount, i'm basically AGAINST paying for a BETA product.

Is there a free version i can TRY???

Reactions: z3nful

z3nful

Jan 22, 2011
Phoenix
www.hookupcellular.com
I do not plan on releasing a free version, and the cost will not be going any higher when I deem it as a full release. I released it as a beta to allow those out there that have been looking for something like this to watch the project grow and put in thier input at an early stage in development. The 1 dollar price tag is a very minor amount when you consider how much time this can save if you enjoy using Linux on your android devices.

This project is a great passion of mine, and I have many many more features that I will be adding to if in the coming weeks :)

Last edited:

Johrans

Jul 14, 2012
Zeeland
I do not plan on releasing a free version, and the cost will not be going any higher when I deem it as a full release. I released it as a beta to allow those out there that have been looking for something like this to watch the project grow and put in thier input at an early stage in development. The 1 dollar price tag is a very minor amount when you consider how much time this can save if you enjoy using Linux on your android devices.

This project is a great passion of mine, and I have many many more features that I will be adding to if in the coming weeks :)

Hey mate i dont use the google play for paying a app is it possible to pay to you in paypal?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -This app REQUIRES a rooted device AND busybox installed-

Welcome to Linux AutoLoader (LinLoad for short), the tool for COMPLETE Linux management within your Android
    Device through chroot. This app allows you to mount, log in, and manage ANY full Linux system on your Android
    Smartphone or Tablet. You can load from either a SDCard partition or from a filesystem image on your
    device.

This app comes with built in support for swap usage, transportable and interchange-able home directories, as well
    as advanced error management and recovery. This app will tell you what went right, what went wrong, and even has
    suggestions on fixing the rare bugs that may come up.

The Profile System allows you to set default settings for different images. Name your system so its easy to keep track of which one is mounted, set default user, home directories, sdcard use, and even automatically clear the VNC locks, without the need to run scripts or type out commands.

The Control Panel allows you to boot straight into the Linux System terminal, start VNC with one click, update different system files, or load in your home directory. A notification service also starts when Linux is detected as mounted, allowing quick access to the Linux Control Panel.

APP Features
    --------------
    - Built-in automatic VNC screen size setting, detects proper screen to set for ANY device
    - Detects difference in Internal Storage and External storage for devices built for
    - The ONLY Linux boot utility to properly detect an dedicated ext2/4 partition on your SDCard
    - Provides a Profile system to help manage settinhs across multiple Images and partitions
    - Runs ALL ARM-based Images and filesystems
    - Various How-To's found in the "How do I...?" section

Control Panel Features
    --------------
    - Links three different designated Android Terminal windows for ease-of-use:
    -- Normal Terminal
    -- Terminal window deficated to VNC commands
    -- Terminal window for system commands and management
    - Start VNC, clear all VNC locks left over from previous runs, and (soon) open your favorite VNC app directly from Linux Autoloader
    - Connect through SSH using ConnectBot, or through the Android Terminal using chroot
    - Keep all your documents inside a seperate home image (EXT4 supported needed) for easier transportability across any system (Android or Linux)
    - Mount a swap file for increased stability
    - Keep the file system fstab updated with just one click
    - Manage services found in /etc/init.d

Keywords:
    Backtrack, ArchLinux, Fedora, Gentoo, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu,

Full Changelog can be found at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27074347
    CHANGELOG

V0.9.6.1
    - ConnectBot Support added
    - More external storage device configurations detected (/storage/sdcard1)
    - External Sdcards accesible through "Boot Image"
    - Home and Swap mounting greatly improved
    - Fixed random Control Panel crash
    - Links 3 terminals through chroot to allow easier tracking of command output:
    --Terminal
    --VNC
    --System

V0.9.5.3

- Fixed Random crash on opening the Control panel from Notification
    - If a File Manager is not installed, app will ask you to install one\n- Code tweaks to increase mounting speed
    - Insured ll.config is placed as it should be

V0.9.5.2
    - Boot Default and Partition properly update screen
    - Warnings about needing Android Terminal Emulator to run VNC and Start Terminal
    - Quick Start guide now runs first time the app is opened
    - "Whats Updated" Dialog added
    - Updated Boot Default selection
    - Bug-fixes

v0.9.5.1
    - Quick Start guide added
    - Boot Default image now askes which image to set as default
    - Bug-fixes

V0.9.5
    - Profiles added - Adds numerous default settings to Linux system images
    - Fixed indexOutOfBounds errors (mostly, one still eludes me)
    - tutorial coming soon!

V0.9.4 - Major update
    - now includes a service to let you know you have something mounted
    - Base framework improved
    - App logging greatly improved
    - settings now contain common export variables, including hostname, user, home, and designating a display number to run applications through the terminal to start GUI programs
    - app bitmaps improved
    - Numerous bug-fixes

v0.9.3
    - Improved mounting methods
    - Detect file system by extension working

v0.9.2

-Technically BETA-
    -upgraded UI
    - Added Linux control panel
    - improved mounting methods
    - improved swap method
    -option to clear vnc locks and update fstab
    - automatic VNC geometry setting
    - set fs type by extension for images -still very buggy-
    EPIC! This is great
    good job mate :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    It's ridiculous that i HAVE to buy it to test it (Beta).
    Although it is only a small amount, i'm basically AGAINST paying for a BETA product.

Is there a free version i can TRY???
    At the moment, thr app is only acailable through Google Play. In the near future though, Ill also have it up on YAAM(Yet Another App Market) which supports Paypal.

Keep an eye on my website at http://wwe.zenfulapps.COM for news on when it is available through there :)