[XT1060 Moto X Verizon Dev Edition] can I flash a XT1053 firmware onto XT1060?

Search This thread

flusshd

May 7, 2009
Paris
Hello dear friends, Ive been wondering if it's possible that I flash a XT1053 (also D.E.) firmware onto my XT1060 Verizon D.E. and it would become a XT1053 handset for use on GSM networks? Sorry in advance if my question is too silly, but I have searched much for a week now without no any clear answer. Thank you very much too pay attention to my question?

Gus194

Jun 10, 2012
You probably can, but you would get no service since the Verizon Version es CDMA and the XT1053 Version is GSM. But I think I heard that if you edit the Build.prop lines you can probably get service. Also this shouldn't go in the Development Forum, you should move this to the Q&A Forum.

Sent from my XT1053

Reactions: flusshd
D

dashiell.cano

Maybe if u edit the .xml to avoid flash the modem

Enviado desde mi XT1058 mediante Tapatalk

jp1044

Aug 10, 2009
Hello dear friends, Ive been wondering if it's possible that I flash a XT1053 (also D.E.) firmware onto my XT1060 Verizon D.E. and it would become a XT1053 handset for use on GSM networks? Sorry in advance if my question is too silly, but I have searched much for a week now without no any clear answer. Thank you very much too pay attention to my question?

You can definitely flash foreign builds onto the XT1060 Dev Edition. I was in fact running the German build of 4.4.2 on my XT1060 because there is no bloat to mess with. I've switched to the T-Mo 4.4.2 build now so I can use faux kernel but thats beside the point. I have no problem using these builds on Verizon's network as long as I have LTE/CDMA selected as the network mode (instead of LTE/GSM).

BUT

You can only flash system, boot, and motoboot to my knowledge. I haven't flashed any of the others because I haven't wanted to take the chance and have to spend time fixing it if something goes wrong. If you know how to use fastboot to flash specific files then you're golden.

If you want to use your XT1060 on GSM networks, then flashing system, boot, and motoboot from a T-Mo or foreign build will help you in that department. The VZW firmware doesn't have a lot of options for GSM networks (network modes, APN settings etc.) but the GSM builds do.

Reactions: flusshd

flusshd

May 7, 2009
Paris
You can definitely flash foreign builds onto the XT1060 Dev Edition. I was in fact running the German build of 4.4.2 on my XT1060 because there is no bloat to mess with. I've switched to the T-Mo 4.4.2 build now so I can use faux kernel but thats beside the point. I have no problem using these builds on Verizon's network as long as I have LTE/CDMA selected as the network mode (instead of LTE/GSM).

BUT

You can only flash system, boot, and motoboot to my knowledge. I haven't flashed any of the others because I haven't wanted to take the chance and have to spend time fixing it if something goes wrong. If you know how to use fastboot to flash specific files then you're golden.

If you want to use your XT1060 on GSM networks, then flashing system, boot, and motoboot from a T-Mo or foreign build will help you in that department. The VZW firmware doesn't have a lot of options for GSM networks (network modes, APN settings etc.) but the GSM builds do.

Thank you guys!
These info are surely helpful to me. As for my case, I'm going to receive a Verizon Moto X Xt1060 from my brother, but my network in here (outside of US) is GSM. Though my brother told me Verizon Moto X is a dual network handset and it supports GSM carriers, but through searching I read that it's right that it is able to work on GSM networks but not fully, especially 4G LTE and some other value-added services. Well, the only two things I need to be clear is whether XT1060 works perfectly in voice calls, 4G LTE, sms, mms... and other GSM stuff. A friend told me that by flashing a XT1053 firmware which is original GSM, my phone would become full GSM handset, no longer Verizon or any CDMA at all.

Well, anyone else please confirm this for me? Any dear friend have been using XT1060 with identical issue as my case? Many thanks again.

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
can someone make a guide for flashing foreign builds on different variants will be highly appreciated :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You probably can, but you would get no service since the Verizon Version es CDMA and the XT1053 Version is GSM. But I think I heard that if you edit the Build.prop lines you can probably get service. Also this shouldn't go in the Development Forum, you should move this to the Q&A Forum.

Sent from my XT1053

BUT