Sudden Battery Loss (Drop to 0%) Poll

Has your battery suddenly dropped to 1%?

• I have not experienced this problem.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Occured when charging phone via USB on PC/Laptop.

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Occured when charging phone via USB wall charger.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Problem encountered when without USB lead.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • Problem encountered, other scenerio (give details)

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

SiD13

Mar 6, 2014
Sudden battery drain issue

Hi All,

I faced the sudden batter drain issue on Moto G first time today. This is about 10 days after started using the phone (However I inserted the SIM just two days before only, I dont think it has anything to do with the issue, but just to make the situation clear).

What occured was, the phone was showing about 92% charge and was sitting idle. I picked it up and turned on the screen, still the charge was showing 92%, I unlocked it and suddently the phone shut down after showing no charge message. Turned back the phone on and charged it using the wall charger, it started charging up from 1%. However within 15-20 minutes phone got fully charged. The condition of phone when the issue occured was as follows

• OS version: Kitkat
  • Wifi and internet data trasnfer were off.
  • Had never connected the phone using USB cable to pc/laptop to charge/data transfer since purchase.
  • Phone version: Dual Sim, India(however I had inserted only one Sim card and other slot was not active). Wall charger was supplied in the box by Moto.
Is this a hardware or software issue? Hope Moto is working to rectify this issue which seems to be quite common.

Thanks
SiD

Last edited:

MediumOne

Mar 19, 2014
Battery drain from 90% to 1% on connecting to a laptop

Hi,

I experienced the sudden battery drain on my MotoG 16GB (XT1033) Dual SIM India variant. I had about 90% of charge when I connected to my laptop using a Samsung S3's Micro USB cable. The device was initially connected as a Camera and when I changed to Media Transfer mode, the phone restarted and on restart I found the charge to be at 1%!

Grrr.

They got me, last night.
I unplugged moto from wall charger and it dropped to 1%.
ydujyqe3.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Videotel

shadynit

Feb 6, 2013
Jaipur
here is the fix

watch this video for the fix
http://youtu.be/G5QC_KlvHXM [URL] [media=youtube][url]http://youtu.be/G5QC_KlvHXM[/media]

Last edited:

xecon

Apr 2, 2014
sudden battery loss

i encountered this recently. Battery level was hovering around 60-70%, then i connected my 16 gb XT1033 asian moto g to my laptop. i disconnected my usb cable then there was a sudden loss of battery to 1% and it switched off.

ElTron

Feb 26, 2014
Same for me today but in a new fashion.

My Moto G was connected whitout problems to my PC but when I tryed to create a Modem connection with my PC then the battery problem arised. The battery charge changed suddently from 80% to 1%. Incredible....

syedtufailahmed

May 8, 2014
charging bricks the phone!

Recently my friend bricked his moto g xt1033 while charging. He unplugged the charger when he saw a black screen and when he turned on his phone all his apps started force closing beginning with the message "unfortunately the process-------has been stopped". I tried installing custom recovery to change the rom, the custom recovery didnt get installed. I tried flashing the stock rom again from pc and the problem still persisted. I tried all possible ways to save the phone, finally gave it to the service center and even those guys couldnt fix!
P.S. What could be the root cause of the problem and is there any fix?

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Recently my friend bricked his moto g xt1033 while charging. He unplugged the charger when he saw a black screen and when he turned on his phone all his apps started force closing beginning with the message "unfortunately the process-------has been stopped". I tried installing custom recovery to change the rom, the custom recovery didnt get installed. I tried flashing the stock rom again from pc and the problem still persisted. I tried all possible ways to save the phone, finally gave it to the service center and even those guys couldnt fix!
P.S. What could be the root cause of the problem and is there any fix?
Sounds like a failed eMMC, which can't be fixed. He needs a new device.

Sent from my XT1031

Reactions: syedtufailahmed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you try making it happen as I described?

Sent from my phone

Using the official USB cable provides with the phone and my Windows 8.1 laptop, I was not able to reproduce your results, sorry :\

The battery seems to just do it randomly when it feels like it. Though I've only had this happen when charging via wall charger.
    I would suggest making the answers more precise, like change the PC chatrging one to "When you disconnected the phone from PC". As I remember noone reported having it drop to 1% WHILE connected, only on disconnecting or later on the desk without cable.
    I had such issue using Brazil GSM (XT1033)
    Happened when I disabled usb debugging while the device was connected to the laptop. 4.4.2 DE (originally UK)

Can anyone try to reproduce it?
    This has happened twice to me within the past 3 days using the stock Canadian 4.3 firmware. No issues so far with the 4.4.2 OTA.