[ROM][KANG]NS4G CM9 Euroskank KANGS &Trinity Kernels

Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
In that case, maybe simply wiping cache & dalvic then going to a theme that was previously working fine might do it

I have been using App2Zip Pro lately. I just made a zip of all of my data apps, wiped everything, flashed 5/4 Skank and Dark Ice ..also a kernel then after it booted I went back and flashed the zip of my data apps and everything seems great now

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
thats much better, but for 3g its still pretty crappy. at work my ns normally sees 3g download speeds from 3.5mbps to 6.5mbps, and at home i see from 3mbps to 6mbps. upload speeds about 1.8mbps(tmo).

ahahAhaaha
42576585-7328-b054.jpg

†††

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I usually would but I am worried it may be something to do with trying a few themes with Theme Chooser. I do have a few older nands but I will try a few kernels and see if I can get it stable without rolling back. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reading somewhere that people that were theme switching to many themes having the same problem.

†††

Reactions: JohnCorleone

charlie95113

Dec 25, 2010
So I went to euroskank and was trunk to download the latest gigglebread that djn was making...but no longer there ...was wondering if any1 has it can they shoot it this way.....Im really going to need faster data soon ..and gingerbrread does it for me

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

Jamin13

May 20, 2011
Dude, your life sucks.

I can't wait fall. Maybe we can get a Nexus with signal that doesn't suck from moto or maybe htc. Of course, Sprint won't get it until Spring. But still, I'm hoping.

I'm seriously contemplating going pre paid with those rumored Nexii being sold straight from Google.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
My speeds suck also damn:mad:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337279318214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337279318214.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 280
  • uploadfromtaptalk1337279328849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337279328849.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 278

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Dude, your life sucks.

I can't wait until fall. Maybe we can get a Nexus with signal that doesn't suck from moto or maybe htc. Of course, Sprint won't get it until Spring. But still, I'm hoping.

Ha ya no joke. Sprint was going to send me one of those Air Rave things to bump my signal but you have to have high speed internet. My comment was "if I had high speed internet why would I need to bump my 3g? I would just use my wifi." uh well ya. Dummy. lol

†††

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Well, since going back to the last nightly and Dark Ice before theme Chooser (5/4 everything) my setup has been flawless again! Not one reboot while on a call or while using Bluetooth. I am a happy man again! Sure would be nice to see this on a GNex though....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here you will find cm9 kangs for the NS4G from euroskank http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/crespo4g/
    gapps are needed. gapps http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    the changes/cherry picks are on the right in the link. the first kang includes..

Common
    * Framework: Remove useless PowerDialog class
    * Framework: SystemUI: Fix data activity overlay not being removed when data is disabled
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Show Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Preferences: Fade Page Indicator (Workspace)
    * Launcher2: Rename Launcher to Trebuchet
    * Launcher2: Preferences Show/Fade Page Indicator (AllApps)
    * Launcher2: PagedView: Transition Effects Optimizations + Cleanup

Device
    * Crespo/4g: Update binary kernel
    * Crespo/4g: Data usage limit/reporting enabled

ps. i dont compile these, i just share them.

LATEST TRINITY KERNELS
    For the Nexus S & NS4G
    Get all the latest Trinity ICS kernels here at DerKernel http://www.derkernel.com/ics-crespo.php
    including an updated TEUV, T11, T132, and a T144 all with KSM, BLN, BLD, BIGMEM, and Voodoo Sound V10. Both anykernel version and CM9 ramdisk versions available for all :D
    Seems as though cm is doing little stupid things like this lately. Trying to force us to use their built in kernel? Why would they do this last little thing? I'm not a dev so I am trying to understand why they moved this stuff around other than to make it a pain for people to have to make a special kernel just for cm. Making me more and more look elsewhere for roms. Just wondering.

†††

Unfortunately some practices seem that way, so I'll plus one that.
    Now i put my serious cap on and say it's just rash decisions by a not controlled enough too large team.
    CM is not a one man show, things can get away, and "CM" is blamed when it might or might not be an individual's choices.

That said, these kernels will install on rascream and cm, cause that's how simple a fix they could have implemented, to allow old kernels to work, put out the word and once kernels are updated, you can remove it.

That's why i say "rash" decision, looks not thought out and in need of leadership approval.

Patches that had been used for months and had often supporting apps by the developers were intentionally broken under the cover of "wanting to avoid problems with third party apps", creating odd situations where kernel devs received questions to fix BLN since it is broken when the code was untouched kernel side.
    In essence CM trampled over things like BLN or voodoo sound creating problems for the devs, creating extra work for those devs (ok, in some cases this lead to new developments spurred by the infuriating situation)

Talks had been started to rectify the issue, things slowed back down, not dead, people do get busy, and bam something new silly happens, breaking compatibility to AOSP, your base, is dumb, hard to not make conclusions.

See what happened there? I said CM, sounds like i mean all of CM, doesn't it? Every individual? when it's not CM as a whole, there are tons of CM devs who are not the problem, it's the restructuring a project of that size needs that allows devs to "glitch" and make broad changes that have ill effects like the one just witnessed that i refer to as CM, the organization, not the capable individuals that bust their ass to provide something for the community to share.

Until this is rectified, it will appear to people like the little guy who stuck it to "The Man" by bringing roms and capabilities to phones that the manufacturers didn't even dream of has in fact become, in a grotesque turn of events, become "The Man"
    I have a custom gapps I've been using that has wallet enabled and does some other stuff...removes extra keyboards, music app, etc. I can make available if needed. I'm the one compiling the Euroskank Crespo 4G builds.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I believe I have mms fixed...look for a new build tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Which version? I did that too and nothing... v :confused: v

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Latest Trinity kernels have been fixed for moved module folder location since shortly after CM moved them, try one from Testing tab at www.derkernel.com click crespo, click testing, pick one of the recent ones, et voila!
    (Trinity will actually work on both new CM, old CM, aosp, Trinity is a Honeybadger, it doesn't care, it just doesn't give a ****, it just works.