No AOSP ROM support yet ?

Search This thread

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
Hi Guys,

G3 has been out for quote a while now but still absolutely no AOSP ROM support it has ? G2 had a lot including CM...any idea if CM or other aosp roms will make it to G3

Thanks

mrfeuss

Dec 22, 2012
Nowheresville, NJ
Hi Guys,

G3 has been out for quote a while now but still absolutely no AOSP ROM support it has ? G2 had a lot including CM...any idea if CM or other aosp roms will make it to G3

Thanks

See my response to another thread below:

If these are things that you need then you'll have to be patient. Right now @autoprime @thecubed and @jcase (and probably others) are working on getting root for all devices. There is also only one variant known to have an unlocked bootloader (US T-Mobile, D851) and it has a working TWRP recovery, but no custom ROMs. An unlock or bypass will be required for the other variants before we can expect much more.

Here's a link to the progress by the members I listed above.

Reactions: Lucas0511

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
So guys still no sign of aosp... G3 stock UI is so heavily modified that it feel laggy and bloated

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009
So guys still no sign of aosp... G3 stock UI is so heavily modified that it feel laggy and bloated

LG skin isn't that much different from stock Android. Its probably the best out of all the custom skins... Go spend some time with Touchwiz...

Also no lag for me but that's for another thread.

But I can't see there being any custom ROMs for some time.

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Guys,

Thanks

We need a recovery first, then we can wrap our heads around AOSP/CM Roms. :)

Actually I believe that the temp recovery hack that was found (TWRP), means it should be possible, its not a matter of recovery, its more a matter of devs, shouldn't be long I believe, since hardware is similar to the G2 (except the screen resolution and camera laser), it won't be long until a device config is ready and then all us ROM builders can bring you guys great roms!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Thanks

See my response to another thread below:

If these are things that you need then you'll have to be patient. Right now @autoprime @thecubed and @jcase (and probably others) are working on getting root for all devices. There is also only one variant known to have an unlocked bootloader (US T-Mobile, D851) and it has a working TWRP recovery, but no custom ROMs. An unlock or bypass will be required for the other variants before we can expect much more.

Here's a link to the progress by the members I listed above.