~02.03.2012~ 【U8800】 2.3 Official Update 【Latest】

Search This thread

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
New update is up!

Version is : V100R001C00B528G001
http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDEyNTU=

Upgrade How-to
It has all languages android have!

This upgrade need to accomplish 1 upgrade package’s upgrade in the one step below, the file name can’t be revised:
Step1: include UPDATE.APP
- Prepare a formatted Micro SD card which at least has 512MB available space. Make sure your handset is powered off and then insert the MICRO SD card into the handset.
- Make a “dload” directory on SD card root directory
- Copy the “Step 1\ dload\UPDATE.APP” to SD card.
- Long press volume up + volume down + power button on the handset to startup you device until device into upgrade model, the handset will upgrade and shutdown automatically.
- After upgrade success , Restart the handset.
- It will reboot few times.
- Check the Build number is 100R001C00B528G001 . You can see it in “Settings”->”About Phone”..

Possible bugs!

- When the wifi open and screen is off phone reboots.
- Some phone gets imei=0 (please backup your imei)
- Not sure but I have network issues. Sometimes my phone gets "unreachable" state even I have 4 bars.
- There is a widget problem, "The widget loading problem" after each reboot.
- On calls your sound is very husky. You can try to solve changing build.prop "ro.config.dualmic=true" to "ro.config.dualmic=false"
- Some users reported screen lag, freezes and and glicthes.
- Sound (your sound from calls) not very good.
- Widgets get "The problem loading widget" on every reboot.
- Haptic feedback not work on capatitive keys.

Warnings!
- There is no safe way for downgrading.

Downgrading!
I go back to cm7 like this;

- Copy B138 dload to internal memory - This is important.
Power off your phone go to pink screen. Notice: you can't go the pink scren without sd-card. So, after copying dload directory insert sd card.
- Go to pink screen
- In pink screen, I replace all the files from my 2.2 backup. (If you don't do that, downgrade not work. Its failed step 2/2)
- Remove sdcard from phone and start the B138 update like always.
- After installing phone should open normally.
- Once your phone open normally, you can install cwm and flash any rom you want it.
I noticed cwm data backups not works, I don't know why its not worked. Maybe some experience person can explain that to us.

- Please notice, Even if this version worked on my phone, that doesn't mean it will work for you. You can try, I'm not responsoble of anything

Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Cannot download, seems fine until downloaded the half size and after that goes very fast to end, resulting a damaged archive. Maybe too many trying to download?
Anyway how you find these links?
If from that page press the label to go to index, I cannot find this link. the froyo rom, not this link.

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
What about installing instructions?
The pdf file in package is in Chinese.
Try this to translate...... http://translate.google.com/

PDF contains as fallows

11-30 Page 1 of 2
U8800 Gingerbread upgrade instructions
Reminder: 1, This package only applies to U8800, other models including U8800 + / U8800Pro are not
Using the software package in the "Settings" menu -> "About phone" menu to view models.
2, provides the official temporarily retreated from Android2.3 Android2.2 way back.
3, Brush risk, machine You need to be cautious.
1, note
a) upgrade process will erase all user data (such as contacts, SMS, MMS, etc.), the
Please be sure to upgrade before your users to backup data to an external SD card or computer.
b) Make sure the battery before upgrading to support more than 30 minutes to ensure complete support of the upgrade process.
2, the version of the functional description
This version, based on the original version of Froyo, mainly to do the following changes:
a) upgrade to the Gingerbread 2.3.5 version of the Android version.
b) In the original version of Android adds ease of use UI features and better functionality of Huawei, to better enhance the user
Use of experience.
3, the upgrade procedure
3.1 from Android 2.2.2 upgrade to Android 2.3.5 guide
This upgrade requires the following two step CPC 2 upgrade package upgrade, all file names can not be changed:
step 2 contains UPDATE.APP (G version of the function of the main package).
step 3 contains UPDATE.APP (indicated by package carriers).
3.1.1 Prepare a capacity of not less than 512M SD card;
3.1.2 SD card root directory create dload directory, copy the update step 2 in UPDATE.APP to dload
? ? ?
?
2011-11-30 Page 2 of 2
Directory, the phone off, the SD card into the phone, the (left thumb) while holding the volume up and down keys,
And (right) press the power button to turn the phone will automatically upgrade, the phone automatically shut down after the upgrade is complete, remove the
SD card;
3.1.3 step3 in UPDATE.APP replaced with an SD card dload directory UPDATE.APP, repeat
Step 3.1.2, in order to upgrade step 3 UPDATE.APP (while holding the volume down key, long press the Power
Key to boot).
3.1.5 upgrade is successful, the phone reboot to restore the factory into the interface to restore the factory is completed, the phone re-re-
Kai. Complete Android 2.3.5 version of the full upgrade.
3.1.6 Make sure the version number after boot as U8800V100R001C17B517G001, in the "Settings" menu
-> "About phone" menu, check the version number.

Last edited:

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
OK,i really doubt if you are mentally impaired,the rom is only a trial one , and only for trial in china , it is only uploaded in chinese local host,if you really want to say sth,i'll give you the reason that you country is so ..... that can't aford the expense of the international data exchange ,so you can only have a **** speed,if you want to speed up , you can just migrate!
Trial version means wont work after few days or is it like only testing purpose??? ...

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
To late, just upgraded to a Samsung galaxy note :)
my last ever Huawei, their after sales support sucks for every phone, why can Korea make better products than China? Better support, better phones, higher quality, China keep trying and keep failing in the support part of most products for some reason, I can't figure out if its a culture thing or a government thing that makes them not care about their customers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update is up!

Version is : V100R001C00B528G001
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDEyNTU=

Upgrade How-to
    It has all languages android have!

This upgrade need to accomplish 1 upgrade package’s upgrade in the one step below, the file name can’t be revised:
    Step1: include UPDATE.APP
    - Prepare a formatted Micro SD card which at least has 512MB available space. Make sure your handset is powered off and then insert the MICRO SD card into the handset.
    - Make a “dload” directory on SD card root directory
    - Copy the “Step 1\ dload\UPDATE.APP” to SD card.
    - Long press volume up + volume down + power button on the handset to startup you device until device into upgrade model, the handset will upgrade and shutdown automatically.
    - After upgrade success , Restart the handset.
    - It will reboot few times.
    - Check the Build number is 100R001C00B528G001 . You can see it in “Settings”->”About Phone”..

Possible bugs!

- When the wifi open and screen is off phone reboots.
    - Some phone gets imei=0 (please backup your imei)
    - Not sure but I have network issues. Sometimes my phone gets "unreachable" state even I have 4 bars.
    - There is a widget problem, "The widget loading problem" after each reboot.
    - On calls your sound is very husky. You can try to solve changing build.prop "ro.config.dualmic=true" to "ro.config.dualmic=false"
    - Some users reported screen lag, freezes and and glicthes.
    - Sound (your sound from calls) not very good.
    - Widgets get "The problem loading widget" on every reboot.
    - Haptic feedback not work on capatitive keys.

Warnings!
    - There is no safe way for downgrading.

Downgrading!
    I go back to cm7 like this;

- Copy B138 dload to internal memory - This is important.
    Power off your phone go to pink screen. Notice: you can't go the pink scren without sd-card. So, after copying dload directory insert sd card.
    - Go to pink screen
    - In pink screen, I replace all the files from my 2.2 backup. (If you don't do that, downgrade not work. Its failed step 2/2)
    - Remove sdcard from phone and start the B138 update like always.
    - After installing phone should open normally.
    - Once your phone open normally, you can install cwm and flash any rom you want it.
    I noticed cwm data backups not works, I don't know why its not worked. Maybe some experience person can explain that to us.

- Please notice, Even if this version worked on my phone, that doesn't mean it will work for you. You can try, I'm not responsoble of anything
    U8800 Gingerbread Upgrade Instructions

Reminder:

1. This software package is applicable to U8800 only, other models include U8800+/U8800Pro cannot use this package. Check your model at "Settings" > "About phone".

2. For the moment there is no official downgrade from Android 2.3 to Android 2.2.

3. Risks included. Flash with care.

1. Items to note
    a) All data (e.g. contact list, sms, mms, etc.) will be wiped during the upgrade process. Do backup your data to external SD card or PC storage.

b) Make sure battery can last for at least 30 minute to ensure complete upgrade process.

2. Functionality description
    This is modified version based on the original Froyo, with the following modifications:

a) Upgraded Android version to Gingerbreak 2.3.5.

b) Added Huawei UI with better usability on top of original Android version to improve user experience.

3. Steps to upgrade

3.1 Instructions to upgrade from Android 2.2.2 to Android 2.3.5

The upgrade requires 2 steps with 2 upgrade packages. All file names must be kept intact:

step 2 includes UPDATE.APP (main package for G version).

step 3 includes UPDATE.APP (operator pack).

3.1.1 Prepare a SD card with at least 512M storage.

3.1.2 Under SD card root directory, create a "dload" directory. Copy "UPDATE.APP" in step 2 to this "dload" directory. Power off the phone, and insert SD card. Press Power + VolumeUp + VolumeDown buttons simultaneously. The phone will upgrade automatically, and switch off when complete. Remove SD card.

3.1.3 Copy "UPDATE.APP" in step 3 into "dload" directory, overwriting the current file with the
    same name. Repeat step 3.1.2.

3.1.4 (non-existent step?!)

3.1.5 When upgrade completes, phone restarts and enters factory status. After initial setup, phone restarts again. Android 2.3.5 upgrade is compelted.

3.1.6 Confirm the version is U8800V100R001C17B517G001 under "Settings" > "About phone"
    Guys i don't understand how you still waste your time with these ****y official releases. Miui, oxygen or cm7 are better, faster and less problematic.
    The only good thing of this **** official release is the cam quality.

Do you think this is argument enough?

Huawei sucks and this is showing their respect hour their clients.
    No client support at all, ****y releases just to throw sand to users eyes. **** them.

Why the corn do you care or even worse why the pear do we have to see your ****? It doesnt mean its not working or worth give a try if it doesnt work for you.

For me its the only one with working wifi, nor cmw miui or oxygen worked that well. While on miui i did get a imei 0 and replaced board already.

So stop giving nonsense advices, stop treating others like a child and do your own business.

Watermelon, I dont get this kinda guys.

Sent from my U8800
    Its not strange at all!!!please please please fellow users of the pHone, start reading the whole threads! Every thread in every section! Stop the off topics please! It seems that there are basic differences in hardware for the same version of the ideos! U8800 atmel or u8800 synaptics. Also there is the u8800-51,u8800PRO and the U8800+

To sum up;this god damn official release works almost flawlessly for the synaptics u8800 devices,if you don't own one of these sell it,change it, throw it to the bin,return it to Huawei headquarters OR STICK TO THE DAMN FROYO AND THE PERFECT FROYO-BASED XDA CUSTOM ROMS!don't care!

Leave this thread clean for all of us ,lucky ones, with the right HardWare to discuss about it! I know it sucks but this is not the 1st time someone makes a bad purchase. Sorry for the long talk ,just tired of having continuous notifications of useless and non-relevant replies.
    Period.

Sent from my shack using mail pigeons.
    Iremise re partakia kai meis poy exoyme atmel u8800 (poy einai idio kinito) kai eimaste kai polloi tha paroyme to poylo dld? asto mpas kai to ftiaksei o kinezos kai xaroyme kai meis

Thats a selfish opinion there are many people with atmel u8800 which is the same phone, not pro or something else. So if it can be fixed this is the right place to comment.
    It seems there are two different touchscreens on u8800. Atmel and Synaptics.
    Atmel touch seems to be problematic with luggy lockscreen and slow response. Also if your phone has atmel you will experience very sensitive touchscreen on the 2.3. official release. The newer releases of ideos x5 with synaptics touch seems to work fine even with the 2.3.5 official. I ve heard you can go with your warranty and have your atmel touchscreen changed for free because its problematic but im not sure if they will do it in greece where i live is there anyone who has done it?