Flash Always ON

Search This thread

Chura

May 28, 2010
Hi,

I've received Desire X from friend who couldn't start it.
I've revived the battery (before buying new battery if thats the problem) using 9V battery.
now its alive, however the second I plug it in the flashlight automatically starts.
I've tried with other HTC battery that fits and same voltage and still flash turns on, even without powering the phone.

Any Idea ?

Len

Dec 4, 2010
Seriously, you used 9V battery on device which use 3,8V ?
Are you mad!?

Stereo8

Oct 24, 2012
Beograd, Serbia
I sort of agree with OP. You probably shouldn't have recharged the battery with a 9V, another HTC device should be enough. You might have shorted something inside the phone, so now it's ****ed up.

Sent either from my potato phone, or my Nexus 7.

Chura

May 28, 2010
I sort of agree with OP. You probably shouldn't have recharged the battery with a 9V, another HTC device should be enough. You might have shorted something inside the phone, so now it's ****ed up.

Sent either from my potato phone, or my Nexus 7.

The battery labeled 3.7v, while the 9v revive got the battery to 3.32v only.
I don't agree with possible damage to the phone since lower voltage can't do that.
However it is possible that due to lower input level it cause the phone to mis-behave on this specific battery.

Thanks, I'll try to find new one.

MoshPuiu

Jul 29, 2009
Calarasi
Here is a story about overvoltage a battery.
You can try to revive a dead battery by overvoltage it and you can obtain some result for some short time. I tried this many times with batteries/accumulators of different voltages but you must understand this:
1. NEVER apply this with battery in circuit or mounted on device, battery must be unconnected,
2. This method is the begining of the end of batt/acc, after one or two revivals you can throw it away,
3. You can try this ONLY if you must test a device with a DEFECTIVE or old battery. After a short impuls of overvoltage sometimes the battery can deliver enough power to test some things.

Chura

May 28, 2010
I understand, and exactly what I did.
I've verified the phone starts and now I've ordered new battery.