[Q] Unrooting Galaxy S4

Search This thread

azelk

Feb 8, 2014
I tried to unroot my Galaxy S4 by using galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely . I downloaded the verizon rom from galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ When I click on the 'PDA' button and select that firmware file, it has a red box that says "FAIL!" The last few log entries are "aboot.nbm", "", "Complete(Write) operation failed.", "All threads completed (succeed 0/ failed 1)" Now I get a yellow triangle when trying to boot the phone. How can I return back to stock?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I tried to unroot my Galaxy S4 by using galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely . I downloaded the verizon rom from galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-stock-firmware/ When I click on the 'PDA' button and select that firmware file, it has a red box that says "FAIL!" The last few log entries are "aboot.nbm", "", "Complete(Write) operation failed.", "All threads completed (succeed 0/ failed 1)" Now I get a yellow triangle when trying to boot the phone. How can I return back to stock?

have you used odin before? If not, many youtube videos are out there and some instructional guides here in xda

jco897j

May 12, 2012
Also, next time you want to unroot you can open SuperSU and go to settings. Scroll down and click Full Unroot. Reboot and done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tokomoto

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

That's what happens when sites post directions that don't get updated. You would have been OK if you had noticed that the directions they're providing are almost a year old, and ONLY work if you happen to have a phone with a MDK bootloader. At the time, that's all there was.

To return to stock, first figure out what firmware version you have, then get the ODIN kit for that release.

tokomoto

Jan 4, 2007
Newport Beach
Also, next time you want to unroot you can open SuperSU and go to settings. Scroll down and click Full Unroot. Reboot and done.

Sorry to reply to an old thread but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! This saved me hours of work! After doing this I was able to update my phone OTA from 4.3 to 4.4! Thank you again! For anyone having issues unrooting, this did the trick for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.