[TIP?] Arc battery100% or 0%, not charging SOLVED!

Search This thread
Apr 4, 2014
Hi,

I hope I made this in the right section but I've got myself into a really nasty problem and I know how to fix it after spending full 10 hours. Maybe this will help anybody.

I re-used my Arc after a while and learned about custom roms and all. I've updated to Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4 - Ultrakitkat 2.0.1 - Stock 4.0.4 (back because of trying to compare performances between custom and stock) - Ultimate HD 5.0.1.

When going from Ultrakitkat to Stock 4.0.4, after a day I woke up and found my phone rebooting Android on a loop while in the wall-charger. Went to take a shower and the phone was dead.

Charger didn't work, put it on my laptop USB and went on, only to find the battery at 100%. When disconnecting the phone, it immediately went blank and didn't turned on. I've looked for this problem for so many hours and tried flashing my romand kernel for some time (including phone drops dead WHILE in flashing) and trying out different way's to connect and boot but nothing worked. Installed many battery tools and apps but still nothing.

I;ve searched a lot and didn't found any conclusion anywhere, but combining every information online I've solved it!!:D

Apperantly there is an error inbetween roms, that when you go from custom rom + certain kernels, back to stock rom, it stops recognizing the battery.
To solve this (for me it worked):

Flashtool stock TFT 4.0.4
Fastboot flash the LUPUSV16 kernel (the magic trick!)
Turn on phone, and put it on a charger for 15 minutes, it should start recharging somewhere and show the correct battery %

I wanted to use the Ultimate HD just for a try and when flashing (I use Advanced Stock Kernel) + Ultimate HD

DO NOT WIPE BATTERY STATS! This will recreate the problem.

This worked for me and I hope this will help someone too who's thinking there is a problem with the battery.

RajeshReddy

Sep 17, 2012
Same issue here.. after fastbooting stock ftf.. Phone not charging and not recognized in fastboot/flashmode

Swapyyyyy

Jun 12, 2012
Mumbai
Guys worked for me
Flash rush kernel after downgrading and tada its done.
Its just coz rush recognizes the hardware chip algorithm for battery stats

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using Tapatalk

b.PauL

Nov 11, 2012
Guys worked for me
Flash rush kernel after downgrading and tada its done.
Its just coz rush recognizes the hardware chip algorithm for battery stats

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using Tapatalk

yes, it works flashing other kernel but i encountered a another problem. I lost some of the apps and keep geeting crashing report from diferent sistem apps :( Does some know how to extract those battery fix from those kernel am apllly it to stock kernel?