Really old Trident thread

Search This thread

ytt3r

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 7, 2010
GA
Yeah, I know, its my first release and its build #28. Just wanted to let you guys know how much of my time with testing and building I put in to this. Tons of thanks to Morfic, Netarchy, Supercurio, Dagnus, the great devs at Google, and of course the ever wonderful Codeworkx, Coolya, and Atinm. Now that the dry part is over, lets get to the good stuff!

2yv5uzt.jpg

I hid the download link in the text, so you'd better read it!

Features:
  • Massive+stable 1400 MHz Overclock (tested on several phones and found to be stable if you don't use SetCPU or any other CPU frequency setter)
  • Voodoo Sound v4 (v5 coming soon)
  • A cool boot screen
  • A cool name
  • Gingerbread-ful
  • Built with codesourcery's ARM-EABI 2010.09 Toolchain for more optimizations than the stock CM7 kernel
  • Kernel HZ set to 1000 for buttery-smoothnessitude

How to use it: Flash it through ClockworkMod recovery like you would any other ROM. After you've booted, get SetCPU here and then open it, switch your governor to conservative, and then set your min frequency to 100MHz.

Oh! Did I mention its fully opensource?! https://github.com/ytt3r/android_kernel_samsung has the stuff ;)

Please report any issues you have with the kernel here

New website! http://goo.gl/ENJLC

Like it? Hit thanks or buy me some root beer!

Warning: The second you click the download link here (or here for the 256 HZ version you release me of any and all liability of emotional, physical, or metaphysical damage that this kernel may do to you or your phone, even though it was thoroughly tested.

Last edited:

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA

• Changed kernel HZ to 1000 for buttery-smoothness and not much increased battery drain. Not like you'd worry about that on an overclocked kernel, right?
  • Compiled with Codesourcery's ARM-EABI 2010.09 Toolchain for more buttery-smoothness. How much more can it take?!

Last edited:

Phoenix-Lead

Oct 11, 2010
San Diego, CA
Looking forward to see where this goes!

Edit: I can only assume this is I9000 based bc all of the ROMS myself and others build are also I9000 based. Is that an appropriate assumption?

xdahgary

Aug 18, 2010
What's it based on? Any color tweaks?
Edit: boo, it's for cm7

Sent from Serendipity Rom by MikeyMike01 & ChanceM using XDA App

Last edited:

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
Looking forward to see where this goes!

Edit: I can only assume this is I9000 based bc all of the ROMS myself and others build are also I9000 based. Is that an appropriate assumption?

/me facepalms I forgot to mention CM7, should be edited now :eek:

Last edited:

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
So this is oc to 1400 and can not be adjusted using voltage control, just run with it

CM7

cropythy

Dec 11, 2009
How does battery life with this kernel compare to the battery life of stock cm7 nightlies, or the battery life with TheEscapists OC-UV kernel?

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
So I'm a little curious.. how would you set what OC you want? Would you just set it to 1.3 or 1.4Ghz and not mess with UV settings at all? :confused:

Back on Froyo, my phone couldn't even handle 1300MHz, now it easily gets to 1400 and the battery life is plenty for me :) UV is not implemented yet.

:(

I thought I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

lolwut?

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Will this be updated with the nightlies? Are fixes like wifi sleep already implemented

CM7

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
No and yes respectively. I will release periodic updates though, with the latest from teamhacksung.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
So it it gonna be running 1.4Ghz all the time or will the frequencies only go to max when required?

ytt3r

Dec 7, 2010
GA
You can set the CPU governor in SetCPU, as long as you don't set the frequencies.

In answer to your question, it defaults to ondemand. (So it varies based on how much power you need.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I know, its my first release and its build #28. Just wanted to let you guys know how much of my time with testing and building I put in to this. Tons of thanks to Morfic, Netarchy, Supercurio, Dagnus, the great devs at Google, and of course the ever wonderful Codeworkx, Coolya, and Atinm. Now that the dry part is over, lets get to the good stuff!

2yv5uzt.jpg

I hid the download link in the text, so you'd better read it!

Features:
    • Massive+stable 1400 MHz Overclock (tested on several phones and found to be stable if you don't use SetCPU or any other CPU frequency setter)
    • Voodoo Sound v4 (v5 coming soon)
    • A cool boot screen
    • A cool name
    • Gingerbread-ful
    • Built with codesourcery's ARM-EABI 2010.09 Toolchain for more optimizations than the stock CM7 kernel
    • Kernel HZ set to 1000 for buttery-smoothnessitude

How to use it: Flash it through ClockworkMod recovery like you would any other ROM. After you've booted, get SetCPU here and then open it, switch your governor to conservative, and then set your min frequency to 100MHz.

Oh! Did I mention its fully opensource?! https://github.com/ytt3r/android_kernel_samsung has the stuff ;)

Please report any issues you have with the kernel here

New website! http://goo.gl/ENJLC

Like it? Hit thanks or buy me some root beer!

Warning: The second you click the download link here (or here for the 256 HZ version you release me of any and all liability of emotional, physical, or metaphysical damage that this kernel may do to you or your phone, even though it was thoroughly tested.
    Kind of unrelated. Sounds like your phone just can't handle 1400 high 100 min.

Awesome kernel guys!
    FPSE is running beatutifully with this Tekken 3, Wipeout XL all just a touch above 60 fps all the time. :D
    Also the N64oid emulator also runs smoother for me with CM7 and this kernel....for example Killer instinct would start smooth with 2.2.1 and quickly go into a seizure (lots of hiccups like freezing almost). With this it is a LOT smoother...since memory management or who knows is much better.
    i think you have logo issues lol =P

heres an idea:
    attachment.php

just contact me if you like it i could do some other ones or send you a high quality
    How do you OC with this kernel in MIUI, considering there is no Cynanogenmod settings to do the computer?

Do you use Set CPU and just never do set on boot?

get xan's voltage app it is free in market.