Make more internal Storage !!

Search This thread

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
As anybody who owns a wildfire S , you notice a low internal storage , but now , i learned how to make up much much more internal storage !! All thanks to jikantaru ! Lets cut through to the requirements !

Requirements :
1. A rom with a2sd or apps2sd (ex: Jikantaru rom , Wildfire S Cracker)
2. Link2SD
3. CWM recovery
4. Android terminal emulator or adb .
5. Permanent Rooted Phone , which means unlocked bootloader or s-off + root
Process :
1. Backup your SDcard and apps because everything on it might be erased
2. Reboot into CWM
3. Go to advanced
4. Partition SDcard ( choose anything , recommended 512 MB or higher )
5. Swap size any ( recommend 64 MB or higher )
6. Wait till it finishes , it will take a while .
7. reboot and open up Link2SD
8. It will ask you for SD second partition , choose ext3 . (if it didn't continue to the next steps of 9 )
9 a) **Do this only if step 8 wasn't prompted** Go to Link2sd's "more"
b) choose Recreate mount scripts
c) choose ext3
10. reboot the phone , it will take 2-5 mins , so don't remove the battery nor the SDcard .
11. after it boots , go to link2sd , then Storage info , you should see Sdcard 2nd partition mounted , this approves everything is alright
12. Here you have two choices to do , just do any of you want ( choice "a" is easier )
a) for ones with the terminal , type in "su" , then type in "a2sd cachesdreset"
b) for ones with adb , enable USB debugging then open a cmd , cd to the adb location , then type "adb shell" , then "su" , then "a2sd cachedreset" .
13 . Now the phone should reboot ( it would take 2-5 mins , don't touch battery or SDcard )
Additional : Now since you got a 2nd partition , you can link apps to this partition , by pressing any app or multiselect a group of apps and select the Create Link option (for multiselect , press Menu then Actions) , it might require you to quick reboot for every linked app but this will backup and free your internal memory and it is very useful for Large apps and games ! More over in link2sd setting there is an option to Autolink any newly installed app , so flick it !

Now by that you have finished the thing ! Go to sd and phone storage in settings , and you will notice the internal storage is now 108 MB , Now any app you install on phone memory you just go to link2sd and move it to sdcard , by this , the sdcard is acting as internal storage !!! Install any app you want ! Please Post your feedback !!!

NOTE : the original app2sd that comes with link2sd still takes from the internal storage a big part , so this tutorial will make a partition of the sdcard act as internal storage , which is totally amazing especially for the picky and annoying low Wildfire S internal storage. This was Jikantaru's tutorial originally but Jikantaru's needed more explanation especially for newbies , so i did the thing and it is totally working . BTW , I learn and explain in my way :D

Again all Thanks a lot for jikantaru !!

Last edited:

MrBrightside

May 8, 2009
Salzburg
Sry if this sounds kinda dumb, but i'm a little confused with all these a2sd, link2sd, data2sd etc. stuff.

Do you know if the CM 7.2 nightlies are a2sd enabled, so this will work?
Tried it and in Terminal Emulator it says "a2sd not found"

Thanks in advance

ben_gate

Aug 13, 2011
penang
Thx... this tutorial works great for me, after install a bunch of apps, the internal memory still have 130MB free...:D

vampirexhunter

Jul 2, 2010
What ?? you can't restore ? maybe you didn't even backup ... actually you might have to create a mount script from Link2sd ...

Meh, I gave up on Link2SD... as my apps keep dissapearing on boot ( apk still on sd-ext, but android not listing the apps).. and SD card gets corrupted and erases itself...

Might just try to repartition the /system & /data for more space...

xJavontax

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks, I can finally fit stuff on my phone haha. Now all we need is a fully working CM7 port.

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
Meh, I gave up on Link2SD... as my apps keep dissapearing on boot ( apk still on sd-ext, but android not listing the apps).. and SD card gets corrupted and erases itself...

Might just try to repartition the /system & /data for more space...
I got that problem multiple times ! All my dear photos where gone ! Well , i need to update this tutorial as it "needs" updates !

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
Clearing the app caches is what it says , but the a2sd cachesdreset more like creates a dalvik cache to sd flag which empties A LOT , but after doing this , if you try removing the SD while the phone is booted it will FREEZE , then after rebooting you will notice that the storage is low again ! unless you reinsert the SD and reboot , the flag will be reactivated ...

mechexpert

Jan 8, 2011
Ludhiana
Dosen't work

Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm :( )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me :(

asdot

Dec 21, 2011
Yogyakarta
www.malikush.com
Hey guys. i am fiddling with this link2sd software for weeks now. long story short, when i use a2sd cachesdreset command, phone restart ok. but after booting into the htc homescreen, errors keep popping up, google services fails to load etc etc.

& if i reboot, the phone is stuck on white screen with HTC logo forever( kept it running for 1 hour hoping it will load but .. hmm :( )

only way to get back is to get the sd card out, but then after reboot, THE APPLICATION IS NO LONGER INSTALLED error appears.

PLS PLS GUIDE ME GUYS i am a noob here. Thanks.

PS: don't wanna use data2sd as i am on class4 8GB card & it too slow for me :(

Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time :)

Sent from MARVEL

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !

mechexpert

Jan 8, 2011
Ludhiana
nope , doesn't differ much , i used to use both for a long time , then i used a 16 gb sdcard with data2sd (2gb ext4 partition ) , i don't know what class was that but i knew it was good , so i tell you try wiping all data , dalvil cache ... then try reflashing your ROM ( i recommend you use eqdkp ) , then use link2sd to mount your second partition , then refollow my instructions .... please press the thanks button and check the SENSE 4.0 lockscreen and clock !

i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... :( ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ... :(

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ... :)

Don't use link2sd and a2sd at the same time
but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop :(

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
i have done wipping data, cache, & changed rom like a million times now , no help there ... :( ...
btw wt is eqdkp ?

link2sd is really great but it says low memory when i restart the phone, in status is shows zero memory ... :(

oh sense 4.0 .. .wow ...will love to try it ... :)

but then i get low memory error if i don't use a2sd command. if i do i have a boot loop :(

You have actually linked your apps via link2sd haven't you? When you look at apps in link2sd do they say they are linked, and that's for apk file, dalvik cache and libs?

Sent from my Wildfire S using xda premium

mechexpert

Jan 8, 2011
Ludhiana
Ok ,... now this may sound strange but i got it working!! :)

Earlier i was using EXT4 partition & this time i did EXACTLY what is mentioned in the first page. & voila :p !! it works :D may be its something to do with ext4 partition ?? :confused: but anyhow what ever it is , i am glad ext3 got it working!! :p
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As anybody who owns a wildfire S , you notice a low internal storage , but now , i learned how to make up much much more internal storage !! All thanks to jikantaru ! Lets cut through to the requirements !

Requirements :
    1. A rom with a2sd or apps2sd (ex: Jikantaru rom , Wildfire S Cracker)
    2. Link2SD
    3. CWM recovery
    4. Android terminal emulator or adb .
    5. Permanent Rooted Phone , which means unlocked bootloader or s-off + root
    Process :
    1. Backup your SDcard and apps because everything on it might be erased
    2. Reboot into CWM
    3. Go to advanced
    4. Partition SDcard ( choose anything , recommended 512 MB or higher )
    5. Swap size any ( recommend 64 MB or higher )
    6. Wait till it finishes , it will take a while .
    7. reboot and open up Link2SD
    8. It will ask you for SD second partition , choose ext3 . (if it didn't continue to the next steps of 9 )
    9 a) **Do this only if step 8 wasn't prompted** Go to Link2sd's "more"
    b) choose Recreate mount scripts
    c) choose ext3
    10. reboot the phone , it will take 2-5 mins , so don't remove the battery nor the SDcard .
    11. after it boots , go to link2sd , then Storage info , you should see Sdcard 2nd partition mounted , this approves everything is alright
    12. Here you have two choices to do , just do any of you want ( choice "a" is easier )
    a) for ones with the terminal , type in "su" , then type in "a2sd cachesdreset"
    b) for ones with adb , enable USB debugging then open a cmd , cd to the adb location , then type "adb shell" , then "su" , then "a2sd cachedreset" .
    13 . Now the phone should reboot ( it would take 2-5 mins , don't touch battery or SDcard )
    Additional : Now since you got a 2nd partition , you can link apps to this partition , by pressing any app or multiselect a group of apps and select the Create Link option (for multiselect , press Menu then Actions) , it might require you to quick reboot for every linked app but this will backup and free your internal memory and it is very useful for Large apps and games ! More over in link2sd setting there is an option to Autolink any newly installed app , so flick it !

Now by that you have finished the thing ! Go to sd and phone storage in settings , and you will notice the internal storage is now 108 MB , Now any app you install on phone memory you just go to link2sd and move it to sdcard , by this , the sdcard is acting as internal storage !!! Install any app you want ! Please Post your feedback !!!

NOTE : the original app2sd that comes with link2sd still takes from the internal storage a big part , so this tutorial will make a partition of the sdcard act as internal storage , which is totally amazing especially for the picky and annoying low Wildfire S internal storage. This was Jikantaru's tutorial originally but Jikantaru's needed more explanation especially for newbies , so i did the thing and it is totally working . BTW , I learn and explain in my way :D

Again all Thanks a lot for jikantaru !!