Alternative Carrier Fix

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2831641

Editing the build.prop is not going to do any good

D

Deleted member 2831641

i flashed a i9000 them and with the proper apnsettings i had mms. i pulled the mms.apk from the theme and then reinstalled a fresh copy of cm9. I used es file explorer to replace the mms.apk with the one from the theme. i didnt have mms. Im now looking through the theme to see what made mms work. i will have a solution soon. the them was black infinitum in the i9000 section here on xda.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

also the theme said it installed but didnt look complete upon boot. im trying to reinstall them and i am having no luck i just get stuck at starting applications when the phone reboots

D

Deleted member 2831641

got it kind of working now. its going in and out. im going to poke around some more today. hopefully i will have a cm9 cricket rom by the end of the day.

D

Deleted member 2831641

Im going to take a brake from this for a day or two. i will upload what i got so far. it does send and recieve but it can take up to 5 min sometimes. I am also on the $45 plan using greenk45 for now. I am in not a developer, im just a guy on a mission.

what was edited

edited mms.apk from I9000
apns_config.xml
and a few other small things

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22496887#post22496887

Last edited by a moderator:

justppc

Feb 24, 2008
www.justelementary.com
Thanks a million my friend for starting up a new thread raising this concern. I have been using a different CDMA carrier here in India on my Epic and 3g/1x data gets screwed on CM based roms.
---
I will try to test and find out if the link you provided for the fix is useful for me.

Thanks again !!!
maybe there is a better , brighter ICS tomorrow for us after all !!!

EPIC TIMEZZ

Which Carrier in India are you using the Epic 4G? Will it work on other Carrier in India? And will it work on pre-paid, pay as you go type carriers in India?

Edit: Seems like you may be using Vodafone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fix

I have created CWM flash-able zip file specifically for Epic 4G & CM9 ICS. This one works form me.

Kindly check it & give your feedback
    Thanks
    Resources For Data On Alternate Carriers

If you have your Epic flashed to another carrier, you might of noticed data isn't working with CM or MIUI.

From what I understand this is because CM and MIUI lack files for PPP authentication.

I did not come up with these fixes, but I figured I would post a thread here for anyone else having trouble with data like I've been for the last couple months.

Data fix for ROMS Pre-ICS
    • Some Cricket users may need a proxy for data (Use GreenK45 or u2nl/autostart)
    http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-samsung-epic-4g/21302-cyanogen-mod-7-2-0-rc0.html#post40441

Data Fix for ICS
    • MMS Isn't working yet
    • Seems to be hit or miss depending on carrier, leave feedback
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22162851&postcount=10

Thanks to the following users working on this:
    • mraabhimself
    • kmani.k78
    • Decad3nce
    • terinfire
    Not working on cm9

This data fix works for me....but I can't wait to use cm9 I'm on cricket

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

This fix is not working on the ICS CM9 .. atleast not on my CDMA network. No changes at all.

One more thing , I want to bring into notice for devs here is - 'Hidden Dialer menu setting are screwed. For instance
    1. Phone Util (*#*#8778#*#*) shows both UART and USB set to PDA by default (UART should be MODEM instead) and even you change it .. it revert back. So I am not able to do radio reprogramming using CDMA WS , which requires USB on MODEM.

2. I also checked out the DATA menu (*#*#3282#*#*) and found that all setting have been removed somehow (see the screenshot attached).
    to make matters worse when I try to edit it , it prompts for MSL and when I enter this , it throws a "modem error"

I'm lost at what to do now ... really like to get data working on CM9..

EPIC TIMEZZ
    I got data on CM9-ICS

I am using Epic 4G on Reliance, India Network. I could able to connect 3G data in CM9. I have already posted fix in this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1473324.

I followed same solution as in the reference thread on cricketusers.com. But I have manually created two files on /system/etc/ppp/ directory.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    Which Carrier in India are you using the Epic 4G? Will it work on other Carrier in India? And will it work on pre-paid, pay as you go type carriers in India?

Edit: Seems like you may be using Vodafone.

In india Epic can be made to work on Reliance cdma quite easily. It can even be made to work on DOCOMO and MTS though it is not that simple on those carriers. Vodafone is a GSM carrier, so no Vodafone. I am using Epic without any glitch with reliance cdma postpaid with working EVDO for quite some time now..:laugh: