Orange UK Panther Plan - Swappables and custom ROM

Search This thread

beardyone

Sep 13, 2010
EDIT:Update time. My Deezer service started working on Sunday night. Approx 72 hours after i added it as a swappable. I guess it takes time for the info to filter through from orange to deezer and for deezer to update their databases to associate a number with a premium account. And to be fair the deezer service is quite good. My only remaining advice for people who are about to choose swappables is dont bother with navigon. Google maps is superior by far. I am swapping navigon for sky sports next month.

I am using Omega ROM v19.1

I can get two free 'swappables' from Orange as i am on their Panther price plan. These swappables are extra services that usually cost £4.99 each.

I chose Navigon satnav (which is crap, but i digress) and a service called 'Deezer'.

'Deezer' is similar to spotify, stream unlimited music to the phone. However whenever i try to activate my subscription on the Deezer website it refuses to recognise my phone number. Stating that there is no subscription active for the phone number provided.

i rang orange customer services. got through to the android team, they stated that the fact i have a custom ROM means my device ID and phone number will not be recognised.

I call bu**sh*t but the guy was insistent. he laughed a bit and said i shouldnt have told him i was rooted as it will void my warranty. Maybe he hasnt heard of triangle away :p

Anyway, longshot, has anyone here got their swappables to work with a custom ROM? Or does anyone have any advice? Or is the tech support guy correct? I will try putting a stock sammy ROM on later this week and update here if it makes a difference. I am guessing not though.

It's a 'free' service anyway so not that bothered, but any advice is welcome. Cheers.

Last edited:

mikep99

Jan 2, 2010
Up North
I've got the sky sports swappable running on my phone with the latest jb leak.
I've got a spare swappable so I'll try the one you mentioned.. .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Update... nope, can't get deezer. Using WiFi or my data plan.
Tbh I don't find any of the swappables easy to get on with!!

Reactions: beardyone

Ipoodulz

Apr 2, 2010

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I've got around this pretty easily to be honest.

Flash a stock rom, Install Deezer through orange's mobile site, link it to your facebook account and try it to see if it works. Once correctly linked up, you can flash any rom, install Deezer through the Play Store and bobs your uncle, just sign into the app using Facebook.

It's exactly what I did. You don't even need the orange sim in the phone to use Deezer either if it's linked to Facebook, I know this because I use a 3 Network sim card in my S3 :p

jusumgeezer

Mar 18, 2009
Did you by chance port a number into orange? or had it changed recently?
The phone will only recognize the original MPN it was shipped with, I have changed mine twice but it still shows the number my provider paired with the phone, even though I never used it. Could this be causing the problem? Flashing a new ROM has no effect on this either way, it will still always show that original number.
Check in about phone to see if the number listed is your actual number, if it isn't then they have to link any offers to the number on your contract not the phone.

beardyone

Sep 13, 2010
thanks all above. just got up and baby needs crappy bum changing first but i will try all suggestions.

phone number is correct in my system info screen. i will try flashing a stock rom as suggested.

EDIT:
Meh. still no good. flashed the orange branded stock ROM from the thread in the general forum. still says no subscription is associated with my phone number. so actually i maybe should have said that it does recognise my phone number. but it refuses to associate it with a subscription.

i tried linking it to my facebook account but it just tells me 'deezer has encountered an error'.

i am confident it is a billing/service plan error on oranges part. they have not provided deezer with my information for deezer to link my number to one of their 'premium' orange subscriptions.

oh well, only 27 days till i can swap my swappables for sky sports and russell grants daily astrology readings :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've got around this pretty easily to be honest.

Flash a stock rom, Install Deezer through orange's mobile site, link it to your facebook account and try it to see if it works. Once correctly linked up, you can flash any rom, install Deezer through the Play Store and bobs your uncle, just sign into the app using Facebook.

It's exactly what I did. You don't even need the orange sim in the phone to use Deezer either if it's linked to Facebook, I know this because I use a 3 Network sim card in my S3 :p
    Did you by chance port a number into orange? or had it changed recently?
    The phone will only recognize the original MPN it was shipped with, I have changed mine twice but it still shows the number my provider paired with the phone, even though I never used it. Could this be causing the problem? Flashing a new ROM has no effect on this either way, it will still always show that original number.
    Check in about phone to see if the number listed is your actual number, if it isn't then they have to link any offers to the number on your contract not the phone.