Sign the petition!

Search This thread

sw6lee

Apr 20, 2011
am I wrong? I thought Asus tf101 which was their flagship device when tab 10.1 came out is also not getting jelly bean. how can you expect another android version update when this is almost 2 year old now? especially in the android world? I just wish they provide bug fix update.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I'll still sign it tho as who knows what would happen?

mr.fast

May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
The Email I've just sent to Samsung (even though I no longer own a Tab 10.1)

Recently, you announced a list of devices that will be upgradeable to the latest version of Android (4.1 Jelly Bean). The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was absent from this list. You have also stated that older and less-powerful devices such as the Galaxy Mini 2 or the older Galaxy S2 will qualify for the update.

Not updating the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is ridiculous. Firstly, other tablets which have almost identical hardware (1Ghz Tegra 2 processor, 1GB RAM etc.) such as the Motorola Xoom have already been updated and are more than capable of running it. Secondly, this device is barely more than 1 year old and was their flagship tablet. This is no way to treat customers or encourage them to buy newer and ''''more advanced'''' models. Finally, Samsung have announced that less-powerful devices will get the update, purely because they are still being sold. Older devices such as the S2 will also get the update as that is also still being sold and you clearly only care about profit...

Samsung, this is a disgrace and I refuse to buy your products, purely based on the lack of support and I imagine so will many others. It even took 7 months to bring the P7500/P7510 Ice Cream Sandwhich (which by the way is still buggy).

I would also like to bring to your attention that there are a range of petitions with angry customers voicing their concerns.

One example is:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/update-to-jb-for-the-galaxy-tab/ (which currently has well over 1,000 signatures. It doesn't bode well for your brand reputation when people are angry and refuse to buy your products based on your lackluster support.

I would also like to ask why your competitors such as Asus, Sony etc. can bring updates to their devices but you can't.

I await your reply.

Last edited:

bogdan1234

Feb 24, 2011
Signed! Let's hope Sammy will do smth about it even though I don't have high hopes.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
Samsung has already stated that support for this tab is finished.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using xda premium

ChiAn

Jul 14, 2012
Signed! But I bet samsung wants us to move onto their new tabs....
Yes I'm a pessimist

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/update-to-jb-for-the-galaxy-tab/

I have created a Petition to get Official Jelly Bean on the Tab 10.1.
    Please could as many people sign it as possible and even create your own petitions to show Samsung that people do want official Jelly Bean.

I am sick of Samsung not updating their devices and will be buying an Asus tablet next...

The target is to get at least 1,000 signatures...
    Seems to me this post regarding the Tegra 2's lack of NEON support, and the increasing use of NEON by Google apps, means that the chances of an official update for the Tab 10.1 beyond 4.0.4 is probably zero:

https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/8wcuSVkr7zR

Let it go. ;) I'm just grateful I have a chance to play with 4.2 via CM10.1. I love this site.
    Who needs the update, which may just be to 4.1.2 perhaps. That is terribly outdated at the moment as I have about 4 or 5 flying, smooth and pretty stable 4.3 ROMs from which I can pick and change anytime I wish to. As long as there are developers out there ready and willing to develop ROMs for the P7500, I do not care about Samsung's touchwiz, neither can they compel me to buy another tablet!

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app
    Signed, but I'm highly skeptical

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Signed.
    Is an author of this thread alive?