Android 4.3 Discussion thread

Search This thread

ApresVu

Feb 23, 2012
yes I9300XXUGMK6 is great!!!
new camera FW some changes in the UI some new Icons..
there is a little lag on the dialer but it's not noticeable.
no wakeup lag.
overall performance are feeling great and the new TouchWiz is sexy!!!
yay!

Call_Me_Hudson

Nov 24, 2013
how to unlock bootloader???

when i downloaded the recovery img for cwm to my phone via flash tools my phone recovery screen goes blank as if their not supported with my alcatel one touch s'pop 4030A.. is their any other supported? when that happens i have to be doing one touch upgrade to get back my original android system recovery. pleaseee help... should i unlock the bootloader?? how????

crisagatie

Dec 14, 2009
Bucharest
no wakeup lag.
yay!

can you post some screenshots with what's changed, please? still eagerly awaiting for some custom rom/kernel combo to include the new updates

headhood

Feb 13, 2011
no wakeup lag.
yay!

yeah i can see it too,
samsung just did a great job.
and there is some new options in the camera, like the s4 got.
some new sounds and rings,
new unlocking sound and the light effect is working very well.
gps is improved as hell thats cool!!!

got-petrol

Sep 26, 2010
wombwell uk
whats this about

Attachments

• 1472007_10152077752313606_212539728_n.jpg
    1472007_10152077752313606_212539728_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,702

ApresVu

Feb 23, 2012
no wakeup lag.
yay!

yeah i can see it too,
samsung just did a great job.
and there is some new options in the camera, like the s4 got.
some new sounds and rings,
new unlocking sound and the light effect is working very well.
gps is improved as hell thats cool!!!

yes.
did you noticed that there is 932MB of ram? and only 420 are in use???
new task manager

ApresVu

Feb 23, 2012

alexmihai92

Jun 14, 2013
yes.
did you noticed that there is 932MB of ram? and only 420 are in use???
new task manager
I've got the Orange branded version, so I have to wait longer for this update, but if the RAM management is better that's great news, because this is concerning me the most atm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-auto root.

Smart idea! i suggest MEGA.co.nz as i will have to download to pc first anyway to make a flashable.zip!

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

:p im not complaining! have you started upload?

Yes, zipped the 3 files up to 900MB & uploading to Dropbox, will also give Mega a go as I don't have any hosing accounts & my server couldn't handle a million impatient phone-brickers. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thread has been cleaned. Please keep it on topic and respectful moving forward, there will be no further warnings so any more flaming or trolling will be handled appropriately.
    and after that how can i get back to my stock recovery?

Once we have the backup I will happily guide you step by step through making your phone completely stock again !

Also to the people that have questioned my trust worthiness in regards to remoting onto machines I work as an IT Technician and no offence meant but none of any of your personal data is what I am looking for, I just want to try and help update the Device that we are using and as you people may have noticed there are not many of us devs left on the Forum providing support for the I9300

Thank you to all that have defended me as they have probably either used my ROM's or have just seen me about the forum, I have been a member for around 3 years and have tried my best to support any questions that people have asked !

Thank you again and I am still available if anyone would like me to assist them in creating a Nandroid backup
    With all bloatware frozen with Greenify and zram activated in custom kernel I should think 1GB ram is more than sufficient.

In fact for 4.4 512mb is what Google says is sufficient. The not enough RAM story is just an excuse for the manufacturers to stop spending money to support old devices. 4.1 - 4.4 will run fine on devices with 512 or more RAM.

Also stop with the bloatware whining, that has nothing to do with anything either. Android (Linux) has a good memory manager and efficiently manages RAM so unless you are playing action games that hack in all RAM to support full motion, there's never an issue with RAM use. Apps just sitting there never used do not slow the system down. Android tries to keep RAM usage at about 80% regardless of what you do.
    RAM usage is and has always been managed by the Linux kernel. Android is typically setup to keep RAM about 80% full at all times which is the best balance of space for active app plus background and recently used apps. So that won't change. The reason that people see a dramatic improvement when they load a new ROM is that they haven't yet loaded up all their 200 active widgets that they used to have on their home screens.
    OTA NANDROID Creation

OK, So For the newbies who have got the update but don't know how to make a nandroid backup here's how !

1. Download the Program on the link Here ! ODIN
    2. Also download this file at the link Recovery
    3. Open the Program you opened called Odin
    4. Then turn your phone off and boot into download mode , ( Volume Down, Power and Home)
    5. Wait for Odin to show COM and then a number in one of the small boxes
    6. Click on the PDA button and then select the 2nd file you downloaded.
    7. Wait a minute until the file name shows in the box next to PDA and then click Start. (This will flash a custom recovery onto your phone)

That is the hard part out of the way, the next bits are EASY PEASY and are as follows !

1. Turn your phone off
    2. Boot into recovery mode
    3. Press Volume Up, Home and Power
    4. Once booted you get the option at the bottom to Backup / Restore
    5. Select that and then select the Button that says Create image.zip
    6. Wait for the process to complete it can take upto 10 minutes
    7. Then boot back into the normal phone and then upload the Created .zip file

If you want to do this but don't like the idea of doing it email me at willroberts8@gmail.com and I will log into your machine remotely and do it for you, that way we are able to get this Software available for everyone !

Don't worry when remoting in I will put a Skype session together so that you can see I am not trying to do anything "Malicious"

Regards

Will

p.s. MODS Sorry for posting this here but otherwise this Software patch will not get anywhere into the community and I am all for community development.