[Kernel][ION+PMEM][CM10.1] HurtSky's Kernel REV2 27/12/2013

Search This thread

hurtsky

Jul 5, 2012
hurtsky.com
CM10.1 Section

ONLY USE THIS KERNEL WITH ROM BASED ON [ROM][JB][4.2.2][JDQ39E] CyanogenMod 10.1 BETA (Build 2)

I'm not a developer, im taking effort to put more choices of kernel for our community

Disclaimer

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Features

List of Governors Available :-
- Lulzactive
- Powersave
- SmartAssV2
- interactive
- interactiveX
- conservative
- ondemand
- performance

IO Scheduler
- noop
- deadline
- row
- cfq
- bfq
- sio
- vr

Additional Features
- Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.3-2013.11 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu with Neon technology support
- CPU voltage control VDD sys interface (voltage adjustable)
- Overclock support
- Added NEON compilation flag to VFP module
- SnapDragon Optimization
- dynamic read-ahead
- frandom
- Lowered display panel voltage
- Lowered wifi voltage
- Increase audio loudness
- Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks credit to Christopher83
- Dynamic Fsync
- Fixed 100% battery notification after charger unplug credits to Christopher83
- LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes - credits to christopher
- Asynchronous I/O latency to a solid-state disk greatly increased
- CK3 tweaks (Credits to Con Kolivas) - adapted by Christopher
- Snappy Google Zram
- Added 518Mhz
- Random Tweaks
- Reduce WIFI wakelocks - credits to DerTeufel
- Implement Suspend Freeze (more battery friendly)
- Allowed IPv6 over WIFI in general, we control it in ROM, + no wakelock! (reduce battery consumption)
- exfat support

Explanation of Android Governors

Installation Guide:
1. Reboot To Recovery Mode
2. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
3. Flash the kernel
4. Fix Permissions
5. Reboot (normal boot)
6. Reboot to recovery again
7. Fix permissions again
8. Reboot (normal boot)

Code:
[I]Credit to :-[/I]

- Our Master [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3044346"][B]Arco[/B][/URL] for his kernel source ([I] go press thanks for any posted by arco :D without he, this kernel wont existed[/I] )
- AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM that make ION and PMEM can co-existed together.. big thanks for them :)
- educk for his tutorial and governors
- biagio7xD for extra governors and SnapDragon Optimization
- Christopher83 that helping me teach how to correct the error and advising me and thanks for his new linaro :)
- Xistance for his teaching
- CastagnaIT for his useful sources
- CyanogenMod developers that developing our CM
- Linaro GCC developers let me using this powerful compiler
- hadidjapri hadiconfig (more RAM)
- keff for governors code fixes
- FelixMG for youtube video
- arsradu for kernel.zip
- others developer on GitHub
- xda-developers.com for all the teaching and members

XDA:DevDB Information
[Kernel][ION+PMEM][CM10.1] HurtSky's Kernel REV2 27/12/2013, a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy W I8150

Contributors
hurtsky
Kernel Special Features: To optimize performance and battery usage capability

Version Information
Current Stable Version: REV2
Stable Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-12-25
Last Updated 2013-12-27

hurtsky

Jul 5, 2012
hurtsky.com
Changelogs of Kernel version

ONLY USE THIS KERNEL WITH ROM THAT BASED ON [ROM][JB][4.2.2][JDQ39E] CyanogenMod 10.1 BETA (Build 2)

DOWNLOAD LINK > HERE

Changelogs of Revision Version

Do not expect me to explain all the commits/changes. i wont entertain your question unless for some reason

Code:
[B][I]REV2 27/12/2013[/I][/B]
- inject VM tweaks, frandom hack, and improve touch sensitiveness from project Lard into ramdisk
- Update zcache sources
- Implement frontswap into kernel
- Implement ZBUD : thanks Seth Jennings
- Implement ZSWAP : thanks Seth Jennings
- Add zRam for Android paging and LMK.
- mm: Improved Swap logic
- Add the Snappy-c compressor : thanks to Andi Kleen
- lib: add support for LZ4-compressed kernels : thanks to Kyungsik Lee
- arm: add support for LZ4-compressed kernels : thanks to Kyungsik Lee
- lib: Add lz4 compressor module : thanks to Chanho Min
- crypto: Add lz4 Cryptographic API : thanks to Chanho Min
- other updates

[B][I]REV 1 25/12/2013[/I][/B]
- built with Linaro GCC 4.7.3-2013.11 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu with Neon technology support
- initial changes - look at GitHub (too much commit had been done)
- based on new kernel from sir arco
- thanks to arsradu for kernel.zip because the new CM10.1 use same concept as CM10.2

Last edited:

hurtsky

Jul 5, 2012
hurtsky.com
Reserved

All start on boot default for - Dynamic management of timer slack , LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes and UKSM Already been removed !
- USE PERFORMANCE CONTROL to enable it > http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2401988

Settings of The Available Features
partly been taken from Christopher explanation thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2172148 all credit go to Christopher83 please thank he for prepare this detail of function

LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes
This feature allows to define processes and system processes white-lists filled with the preferred process names and to not be killed by lowmemorykiller, unless it is absolutely necessary.

This feature exposes four new lowmemorykiller parameters:
- donotkill_proc, is the flag to enable / disable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
- donotkill_sysproc, is the flag to enable / disable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
- donotkill_proc_names, is the list of process names (comma separated) chosen by the user to be preserved from killing
- donotkill_sysproc_names, is the list of user system process names (comma separated) chosen by the user to be preserved from killing

When the lowmemorykiller needs to free ram, it will first kill the processes not included inside the two process name lists chosen by the user.
If there are no more standard killable processes, then it will be necessary to kill one of the processes included inside one of the two white-lists, to prevent system hangs, slowdowns, etc.

How to customize the white lists of processes to preserve from killing:

On HurtSky's Kernel the feature is enabled by default and the provided processes white lists are the following:
- donotkill_proc_names = "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet,com,android.inputmethod.latin"
this means that Trebuchet Launcher,stock keyboard will be preserved from killing
- donotkill_sysproc_names = "android.process.acore,com.android.phone,com."
this means that the system process, the phone process will be preserved from killing

1) By using a customized init.d script (the custom value will be always restored after a reboot, if you don't format the system partition)
- Download the script named 80dnkp
- If the file has been saved with .txt extension (stock browser), rename it by removing the .txt extension
- Edit the file by setting your preferred status and processes list
- Copy the new file inside /etc/init.d
- Give the rwxr-xr-x permissions to the file (read, write, execution for owner, read and execution for group users, read and execution for others)
- Reboot
2) By directly editing the files inside /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters (note that set values will be lost after a reboot/shutdown)
3) By using Terminal Emulator (note that set values will be lost after a reboot/shutdown)
- Open Terminal Emulator
- Run these commands if you want to enable the feature
Code:
# To enable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
echo 1 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc
# To enable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
echo 1 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc

- Run these commands if you want to disable the feature

Code:
# To disable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
echo 0 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc
# To disable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
echo 0 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc

- Run this command if you want to add, for example, Trebuchet Launcher (CM default launcher) and the default keyboard to the processes white list

Code:
echo "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet,android.inputmethod.latin" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc_names

- Run this command if you want to add, for example, the system process, the phone process and DSP Manager to the system processes white list

Code:
echo "android.process.acore,com.android.phone,com.bel.android.dspmanager" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc_names

ONLY USE THIS KERNEL WITH ROM BASED ON [ROM][JB][4.2.2][JDQ39E] CyanogenMod 10.1 BETA (Build 2)

Last edited:

FelixMG

Jan 13, 2013
Brazil
Nice Hurtsky! You are the best. :D

Thanks for this kernel. I'll try ASAP.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

poji94

Jun 7, 2013
Labuan
Hello, hurtsky. :) Can I know, how you make WIFI working? As I extract your kernel, there are no WIFI modules inside it :eek:

poji94

Jun 7, 2013
Labuan
the modules is inside /system/lib. you can get it inside the zip mate

Thank you for answering, but I don't see anything inside /system folder or I the one who misunderstand here..:confused:
Screenshot_from_2013-12-25_14_11_44.png

PasqualeITA

Jun 17, 2012
Everything works in this kernel?
WiFi ecc..
Is it better than the original?

Inviato dal mio GT-I8150 con Tapatalk 2

hurtsky

Jul 5, 2012
hurtsky.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.1 Section

I'm not a developer, im taking effort to put more choices of kernel for our community

Disclaimer

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Features

List of Governors Available :-
    - Lulzactive
    - Powersave
    - SmartAssV2
    - interactive
    - interactiveX
    - conservative
    - ondemand
    - performance

IO Scheduler
    - noop
    - deadline
    - row
    - cfq
    - bfq
    - sio
    - vr

Additional Features
    - Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.3-2013.11 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu with Neon technology support
    - CPU voltage control VDD sys interface (voltage adjustable)
    - Overclock support
    - Added NEON compilation flag to VFP module
    - SnapDragon Optimization
    - dynamic read-ahead
    - frandom
    - Lowered display panel voltage
    - Lowered wifi voltage
    - Increase audio loudness
    - Dynamic management of dirty page writebacks credit to Christopher83
    - Dynamic Fsync
    - Fixed 100% battery notification after charger unplug credits to Christopher83
    - LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes - credits to christopher
    - Asynchronous I/O latency to a solid-state disk greatly increased
    - CK3 tweaks (Credits to Con Kolivas) - adapted by Christopher
    - Snappy Google Zram
    - Added 518Mhz
    - Random Tweaks
    - Reduce WIFI wakelocks - credits to DerTeufel
    - Implement Suspend Freeze (more battery friendly)
    - Allowed IPv6 over WIFI in general, we control it in ROM, + no wakelock! (reduce battery consumption)
    - exfat support

Explanation of Android Governors

Installation Guide:
    1. Reboot To Recovery Mode
    2. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache
    3. Flash the kernel
    4. Fix Permissions
    5. Reboot (normal boot)
    6. Reboot to recovery again
    7. Fix permissions again
    8. Reboot (normal boot)

Code:
    [I]Credit to :-[/I]

- Our Master [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3044346"][B]Arco[/B][/URL] for his kernel source ([I] go press thanks for any posted by arco :D without he, this kernel wont existed[/I] )
    - AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM that make ION and PMEM can co-existed together.. big thanks for them :)
    - educk for his tutorial and governors
    - biagio7xD for extra governors and SnapDragon Optimization
    - Christopher83 that helping me teach how to correct the error and advising me and thanks for his new linaro :)
    - Xistance for his teaching
    - CastagnaIT for his useful sources
    - CyanogenMod developers that developing our CM
    - Linaro GCC developers let me using this powerful compiler
    - hadidjapri hadiconfig (more RAM)
    - keff for governors code fixes
    - FelixMG for youtube video
    - arsradu for kernel.zip
    - others developer on GitHub
    - xda-developers.com for all the teaching and members

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Kernel][ION+PMEM][CM10.1] HurtSky's Kernel REV2 27/12/2013, a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy W I8150

Contributors
    hurtsky
    Kernel Special Features: To optimize performance and battery usage capability

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: REV2
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-27

Created 2013-12-25
    Last Updated 2013-12-27
    Changelogs of Kernel version

ONLY USE THIS KERNEL WITH ROM THAT BASED ON [ROM][JB][4.2.2][JDQ39E] CyanogenMod 10.1 BETA (Build 2)

DOWNLOAD LINK > HERE

Changelogs of Revision Version

Do not expect me to explain all the commits/changes. i wont entertain your question unless for some reason

Code:
    [B][I]REV2 27/12/2013[/I][/B]
    - inject VM tweaks, frandom hack, and improve touch sensitiveness from project Lard into ramdisk
    - Update zcache sources
    - Implement frontswap into kernel
    - Implement ZBUD : thanks Seth Jennings
    - Implement ZSWAP : thanks Seth Jennings
    - Add zRam for Android paging and LMK.
    - mm: Improved Swap logic
    - Add the Snappy-c compressor : thanks to Andi Kleen
    - lib: add support for LZ4-compressed kernels : thanks to Kyungsik Lee
    - arm: add support for LZ4-compressed kernels : thanks to Kyungsik Lee
    - lib: Add lz4 compressor module : thanks to Chanho Min
    - crypto: Add lz4 Cryptographic API : thanks to Chanho Min
    - other updates

[B][I]REV 1 25/12/2013[/I][/B]
    - built with Linaro GCC 4.7.3-2013.11 toolchain optimized for Cortex-A8 cpu with Neon technology support
    - initial changes - look at GitHub (too much commit had been done)
    - based on new kernel from sir arco
    - thanks to arsradu for kernel.zip because the new CM10.1 use same concept as CM10.2
    Updated to New Version :) big improvement in performance... hope you guys like it ;)
    Reserved

All start on boot default for - Dynamic management of timer slack , LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes and UKSM Already been removed !
    - USE PERFORMANCE CONTROL to enable it > http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2401988

Settings of The Available Features
    partly been taken from Christopher explanation thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2172148 all credit go to Christopher83 please thank he for prepare this detail of function

LowMemoryKiller management of not killable processes
    This feature allows to define processes and system processes white-lists filled with the preferred process names and to not be killed by lowmemorykiller, unless it is absolutely necessary.

This feature exposes four new lowmemorykiller parameters:
    - donotkill_proc, is the flag to enable / disable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
    - donotkill_sysproc, is the flag to enable / disable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
    - donotkill_proc_names, is the list of process names (comma separated) chosen by the user to be preserved from killing
    - donotkill_sysproc_names, is the list of user system process names (comma separated) chosen by the user to be preserved from killing

When the lowmemorykiller needs to free ram, it will first kill the processes not included inside the two process name lists chosen by the user.
    If there are no more standard killable processes, then it will be necessary to kill one of the processes included inside one of the two white-lists, to prevent system hangs, slowdowns, etc.

How to customize the white lists of processes to preserve from killing:

On HurtSky's Kernel the feature is enabled by default and the provided processes white lists are the following:
    - donotkill_proc_names = "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet,com,android.inputmethod.latin"
    this means that Trebuchet Launcher,stock keyboard will be preserved from killing
    - donotkill_sysproc_names = "android.process.acore,com.android.phone,com."
    this means that the system process, the phone process will be preserved from killing

1) By using a customized init.d script (the custom value will be always restored after a reboot, if you don't format the system partition)
    - Download the script named 80dnkp
    - If the file has been saved with .txt extension (stock browser), rename it by removing the .txt extension
    - Edit the file by setting your preferred status and processes list
    - Copy the new file inside /etc/init.d
    - Give the rwxr-xr-x permissions to the file (read, write, execution for owner, read and execution for group users, read and execution for others)
    - Reboot
    2) By directly editing the files inside /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters (note that set values will be lost after a reboot/shutdown)
    3) By using Terminal Emulator (note that set values will be lost after a reboot/shutdown)
    - Open Terminal Emulator
    - Run these commands if you want to enable the feature
    Code:
    # To enable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
    echo 1 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc
    # To enable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
    echo 1 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc

- Run these commands if you want to disable the feature

Code:
    # To disable this feature for the processes chosen by the user
    echo 0 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc
    # To disable this feature for the system processes chosen by the user
    echo 0 > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc

- Run this command if you want to add, for example, Trebuchet Launcher (CM default launcher) and the default keyboard to the processes white list

Code:
    echo "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet,android.inputmethod.latin" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_proc_names

- Run this command if you want to add, for example, the system process, the phone process and DSP Manager to the system processes white list

Code:
    echo "android.process.acore,com.android.phone,com.bel.android.dspmanager" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/donotkill_sysproc_names

Wifi not working for me , sad :(
    it should work.. i can use the WIFI.. reflash and clear cache , dalvik cache.. plus use performance tool to do fix permission.. here the link to download Performance tool http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2401988