[Help]Sim Slot pin broke down

Search This thread

mannu_in

Mar 13, 2012
Gurgaon
Hi, today while inserting sim card(with some force ofcourse as it was not going in easily), sim card stuck there and after half an hour hard work, I was able to pull the sim out. After that everytime I inserted the sim, phones says no Sim Card :(

I figured out that one of the sim slot pin is broke and its not properly making any contact with the part of sim.

So, I wanted to know if anybody faces the same issue and whether they have contacted the Sony Service center and any estimation of cost to be incurred in repair.

Or anyone got their phone repaired by simply soldering the Sim Slot on the motherboard as when I disassembled the phone, I found that the sim slot is soldered on the motherboard.

Any suggestions???

dragonizer

Jul 14, 2012
Singapore
I guess that you could do this:

1. Resoldering
Remove all the cover. Separate everything from the motherboard.
Desolder the SIM slot. Get a old SIM slot from a old phone(Or just get it somehow). Then Solder it, wait for it the dry and reassemble.

2. Turning the warped contact back.
Do the same steps as step 1. Then use a tweezer and gently twist the contacts back. But be careful, it may end up worse.

3. Give it to Sony
Only do this if it is still under warranty. Replacement of motherboard is very expensive,to the extent you would rather buy a new phone.
They will most likely replace the whole motherboard.. The price of the motherboard is approximately 80% of the whole phone normally. Backup your data first.

Last one
Buy a new phone. But first you must be loaded.

Hope it helps!