im wondering, if anyone have an idea
nightly cm-9-20120815-NIGHTLY-i9300.zip
but also with older ones, and even stable
i cant see all contents of internal sdcard when i plug it into PC
can see some of it

basketballman

Nov 5, 2011
i have a video playback problem
no matter which version i tried, it's still there.
the video screen just not tidy and messed up

Auph

Dec 25, 2009
because there was a bug in the previous update that caused the media files on the sdcard not to be recognized

i don't use rom manager so i have not had this issue so cant actually test if updating will help though, if not, google is your friend

Sent from my GT-I9300

Yep this has been fixed already. Faced the same issue and it could be hot fixed by browsing into your music folder via PC-USB connection again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

saintsinner25

Mar 25, 2011
Jaipur
Dim LED

hey guys..just wanted to ask is there some kinda bug with the LED colors? it's pretty dim compared to cm10.

---

i've searched the whole thread but couldn't find a solution.any help is much appreciated :) i'm on the cm9 stable build.

Last edited:

simonpcook

May 22, 2010
I haven't experienced this issue before, but judging by the log I'd guess between either the firmware it's trying to load is corrupted or the firmware on the nfc chip is corrupted, hopefully it's the former.

To troubleshoot I'd suggest a full wipe and a clean flash of a stock rom. You could try a clean flash of a custom first if you like, then the stock rom if that doesn't work.

I have tried this on my device and I am still having the same issue where NFC works correctly on the stock rom but not on either cm9 nightlies or stable (I am still getting the same "Firmware update FAILED" followed by it not being possible to turn it on with the cm9 roms).

I'm pretty sure its not a hardware fault with the device working (because it does work) but not sure where to look to try to fix it for me

manveru0

Oct 11, 2011
Bern
did anybody try a comparison between samsung rom and cm9 regarding battery life?
it feels like the battery drain is higher on cm9?

actually I didn't compared it with a tool. But my feeling was the same. Stock rom is already well balanced when it comes to battery life and speed. Even better than CM9 in terms of battery drain. But just a feeling... ;)

ch33kster

Aug 5, 2012
Singapore
actually I didn't compared it with a tool. But my feeling was the same. Stock rom is already well balanced when it comes to battery life and speed. Even better than CM9 in terms of battery drain. But just a feeling... ;)

I feel that CM9 is slightly better than stock samsung rom in terms of battery life. My battery doesn't die as fast I feel. Probably depends on usage. We all know by now the screen eats most of the battery, thus if you are continuously using it, battery will definitely drain faster.
Another thing is you might want to try using Siyah Kernel with CM9. I feel a slight improvement in battery life with Siyah kernel than with the stock cm9 kernel. Sometimes I feel I am a bit paranoid when it comes to battery life but I feel I should just be natural with it instead of keep looking at my phone lol.

Last edited:

Kevin.Silbstedt

Feb 2, 2012
I feel that CM9 is slightly better than stock samsung rom in terms of battery life. My battery doesn't die as fast I feel. Probably depends on usage.

Nope, not here. With Stock Rom and Siyah Kernel my S3 lasted up to 4/5 days in mostly idle (with Juice Defender, but i don't know, if that thing does any huge difference). Now, with CM9, I'm happy, if I get 2 days with the same scenario (again with Juice Defender).

I love the rom, how fast it is, how it looks. I love, that it doesn't prompt me to install some goddamn OTA Update which doesn't work, because of Siyah Kernel (and for which I couldn't care less). I love it's customizability and all the settings, but the battery life seriously sucks. Too bad CM9 is a dead end and who nows, when CM10 gets polished enough for everyday usage with good battery life.
But I really won't get back to Stock Rom, I really hated the UI and the OTA Updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: KashMiester

Ev0d3vil

Aug 11, 2012
Does this ROM need the sd card to boot? I remembered using cyanogen and when i removed the sd card, the phone refused to boot.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Nope, not here. With Stock Rom and Siyah Kernel my S3 lasted up to 4/5 days in mostly idle (with Juice Defender, but i don't know, if that thing does any huge difference). Now, with CM9, I'm happy, if I get 2 days with the same scenario (again with Juice Defender).

I love the rom, how fast it is, how it looks. I love, that it doesn't prompt me to install some goddamn OTA Update which doesn't work, because of Siyah Kernel (and for which I couldn't care less). I love it's customizability and all the settings, but the battery life seriously sucks. Too bad CM9 is a dead end and who nows, when CM10 gets polished enough for everyday usage with good battery life.
But I really won't get back to Stock Rom, I really hated the UI and the OTA Updates.

You can disable samsung updates, delete Fotaclient.apk and FWupgrade.apk with Root Explorer. Also can change the launcher.

Last edited:

firaX

Apr 30, 2008
München
Kill me if this has been asked before:

Is there a CWM flashable google now package that works flawlessly on CM9 for S3?

Top Liked Posts