[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-Toroplus ~6/7~The final call

Search This thread

namtombout

Oct 27, 2012
South, TX
Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-Toroplus ~2/13~ Nothing Compares

Call me lazy but if GPS and MMS are not broken/used is there a need to flash the latest?

purpleonyx

Jun 2, 2010

Op is updated....this will (should anyway) fixed MMS and GPS issues...clean flash is always recommended but if anyone wants a to try a dirty flash let me know how it goes :)

Dirty flash worked fine so far after some finagling. Had to reinstall gapps, and dirty flash wiped out my Google acct, so I had to re-setup the phone (asking you to set your language, sync to Google acct, etc), but was fine after reboot. All settings still carried over.

GPS now locks in 2 seconds after cold restart

Last edited:
Reactions: jboyer0000

andythegreenguy

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for ROM.

Just wanted to check a couple of things:
1. Does this ROM have the Vibrate on notification bug? To all those who don't know, the phone vibrates on notification... no matter you switch it on or off. Also, AOKP by hoang don't have that bug.
2. Can you add Power button to the navigation bar?

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com

Must've been a recovery issue, I flashed CWM from ROM manager, downloaded again, and it flashed with no issue. Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

May I recommend TWRP. never an issue,way faster flashes and when Google changed file system in 4.2 twrp fixed right away. Just my 2sense anyway:)

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Thanks for ROM.

1. Does this ROM have the Vibrate on notification bug? To all those who don't know, the phone vibrates on notification... no matter you switch it on or off. Also, AOKP by hoang don't have that bug.

This is jbsorcery ,more mods/tweaks than all other ROMs combined.:p

jboyer0000

Jan 16, 2011
Jackson, MI

Thanks for ROM.

I don't completely understand that "bug" but ya you can add power to nav bar:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Crwolv

Mar 28, 2012
Metro Detroit
www.reverbnation.com

Does that mean a "Yes"?

Lol sorry,ya,I see jb answered ya.
Weird JB, DURTY flashed and supersu said SUPERSU RESTORING SUPER USER ACCESS. I had it set too but why would it say that when this ROM is rooted? Lil
Durty flashed just fine(which I almost never do Lol);)

andythegreenguy

Oct 22, 2010
I don't completely understand that "bug" but ya you can add power to nav bar:D
The phone vibrates on new email notification, evn though the Vibrate option is unchecked under Settings -> sound and Gmail -> Account -> settings. It happens for Google voice notifications, too.

I had read somewhere that this was reported to google. All ROMs, except the AOKP nighlies hoang puts out, have this issue.

grey.ghost

Mar 22, 2012
North Carolina

Thanks for ROM.

1. No
2. Yes.

Best to flash clean, she'll thank you for it later.

jboyer0000

Jan 16, 2011
Jackson, MI

The phone vibrates on new email notification, evn though the Vibrate option is unchecked under Settings -> sound and Gmail -> Account -> settings. It happens for Google voice notifications, too.

I had read somewhere that this was reported to google. All ROMs, except the AOKP nighlies hoang puts out, have this issue.

This is Sourcery if you don't want your phone to do something it doesn't do it.. flash it man you won't be disappointed:p

Weezil420

Nov 23, 2012
Warsaw

Hey Crwolv, when the issue started happening I was running TWRP. But like jb said it probably just needed updated. I was driving when I was trying to fix it so I went with CWM temporarily only because it's so easy to flash thru rommanager. I'll be back on twrp touch though tonight, just have to find the time to reinstall it.
Also, since I wiped everything clean I decided to give sorcery's main contender a try for a bit (pa). It's also great work but I still have to say nothing compares to sorcery bar none! I've never been happier with a ROM! Thanks again, and if there's anyone reading this considering trying this out for the first time DO IT! You'll be glad you did!

Jimlarck

Mar 2, 2012

Back from my flashing troubles. What'd I miss? (Left JBSourcery to feed my flashaholicness in Feb 10th)

jboyer0000

Jan 16, 2011
Jackson, MI

Back from my flashing troubles. What'd I miss? (Left JBSourcery to feed my flashaholicness in Feb 10th)

You came back at the right time ;)
pu4e5yde.jpg

Reactions: Jimlarck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HeaderWhite.gif

JBSourcery Encore

Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) Edition

New featuring JDQ39E-4.2.2_r1.2

Credits are given on our site - Credits

RELEASE INFORMATION

FEATURES & CHANGELOG

GITHUB

Report bugs or request features

MAGIC INSTALL

1) Download Rom and Gapps to your Phone’s Storage drive and boot into recovery
    2) Clear davlik cache
    3) Wipe data/cache
    4) Install your Chosen Team Sourcery Rom
    5) Install Gapps
    6) Boot into Rom
    7) Sign in and wait for all market apps to Restore
    8) After market apps have restored Reboot again
    9) ENJOY

Final release of Sourcery
    Will be supported
    and bug fixes will be released

DOWNLOAD

Everyone please read

New sprint radios (GA02) thanks to Zzz73 for making it flashable

http://d-h.st/8nT
    HI all ok going on vacation so will be out for a couple weeks.
    in case people here don't know who i am since jboyer is the host here
    I am the lead dev of Sourcery ROM.

just wanted to mention a few things that i didn't see mentioned they may have been but i didn't see them.

1)if you use a t mobile theme about the only thing that will work is the soft keys and the battery mods.
    It is because the t mobile theme hijacks the normal placement of images and pulls them from the apk itself .

2)We have seen these reports of memory leaks they are seem to relate to browser, I have not seen this on gsm or lte phones but reports are on those also. Due to lack of time and 4.2 we just haven't had time to look into this. a reboot resets it, apologize.

3)the memory bar in recents and in settings are different it is per the original coder the exact same code in both areas. so its what is needed to run the area its in that is causing the different results. which are the correct i do not know.

4)i do not have a sprint phone so signal and stuff is all left to jboyer as i have no way to test this stuff, but seems like those mentiones have been resolved.

5)I see the mentions of lock screens stuff..we will not be fixing that on 4.1.2 at all as all lock screen stuff and maybe complete rom needs to be redone from scratch, so it wont be fixed until a JB4.2 rom is released.

6)the mentions or re-locking and re-unlocking and setting up phone sound bogus and time consuming but i did thai at one time and i can tell you that it does make a difference . why i do not know.

7)want to point out if you install rom and the 4.2 gapps you may have to go manually turn on the syncs for everything we have seen this several times.

8)people asked regarding the tools. everything theme wise or mod wise is all live updated and on line everything is downloaded at time of install and we add to it live so you will always have new stuff. the first area in tools is also live changeable so when we update an area we make that area show up in the first screen on tools.

9) back up for magic control--no its not available we continue to discuss this ..I do not want ti i think it will cause major problems as titanium backup/restore does. I dont say never but its not something i am for.. but i also wasn't for the lock-screen weather or calender so i do change my mind :)

10)ever since jelly bean there are times when you reboot and phone sits there on google for up to like 8 minutes (ive seen) before rebooting.
    This is something with jelly bean. I know 4.2 is using a different type of file system and this may not happen than. But if you see google logo just wait or you can remove battery and boot up to make it faster.

11)we are aware that if you drop below 15% the lock-screen will show zero battery percentage the battery icon is correct. just something we haven't gotten to track down and fix as of yet. functionality always takes the time first.

12) i haven't seen this mentioned so go into tools and app wallpaper and and top right check out the transparency on app backgrounds its cool. :) and you will not find it any where else it is 100% Sourcery original as is the app wallpaper backgrounds

13)We try to make Sourcery and its users the most friendly helping supported rom around.. Please refrain from negative contributions in our thread. If you have a problem withsomeone pm them and handle it in private. ThankYou

Were happy to see everyone enjoying the rom and thank JBoyer for assisting in bringing it to you.

Due to me going on vacation for the next 10 days dev of 4.2 has not even started , im hoping devortex will be back in business soon as he is my co-dev. But nothing will be ready for release within the next 2 weeks for sure. so Please dont pester JBoyer as it wont be available for him to do :)

Thanks again for giving Sourcery a run and hope you have fun with it.
    i heard a rumor about being able to make phone calls or something with it but there's too many options i haven't found that one yet.
    Re: [ROM] JBSourcery 5.0-Toroplus ~3/1~ Nothing Compares

When, I flash I wipe I wipe, system, del and data multiple times. It happen to me before too. No market bug. But now maximus g apps works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

In the past I have had that happen with black facebook, I noticed sometimes after flashing gapps if I do a reboot they then show up. This has only happened after a fresh gapps install on first reboot. After I rebooted they never disappeared again.

Op is updated....this will (should anyway) fixed MMS and GPS issues...clean flash is always recommended but if anyone wants a to try a dirty flash let me know how it goes :)